Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not quote, nor have read any SM about it. The reason locals are not so convinced is there have been many similar crimes committed in the local area whilst PR has been in custody.
I still think it's a possibility that he didn't act alone that night. I keep an open mind and it's just my opinion.

His offences are quite distinct and relatively rare so that is worrying news.

Have you heard anything about the 4 people on the Croda / oak road CCTV. I'm under the impression LE were still looking for them relatively recently

Ultimately I guess he can go against the advice of his lawyer - because surely his legal team would strongly advise a guilty plea based on what sounded like a mountain of evidence. Was it 90+ witnesses? And DNA. And stolen sex toys.

I’m amazed the judge gave any reduction in sentence for his last minute confession. A waste of everybody’s time. The witnesses, the jurors, the judge, the prosecution team. I’d have added to his sentence for this nonsense. Almost trying to retain some element of control? I don’t know. Weird anyway.
When he was first arrested, I don't think Libby's body had been found. He was probably playing for time hoping her body would not be recovered. It almost made it to the open sea and then there would have been less chance of evidence. MOO.

When he was first arrested, I don't think Libby's body had been found. He was probably playing for time hoping her body would not be recovered. It almost made it to the open sea and then there would have been less chance of evidence. MOO.

Very true. And the longer time passed, the more I expect he thought he was in the clear in terms of them finding her body. If that ship hadn’t passed at the time it did, you’re right ... she may never have been found. Awful for the investigation and for her family.

We now know how damning the evidence for his unrelated offences is.

If his lawyer assumed that his sentences for those would run concurrently with a maximum of 2 years - a guilty plea at the very start of his case would have reduced that by up to a third. With reductions for behaviour in prison - he'd have been very close to release now and able to flee back to Poland. There might even have been less at that point allowing the lawyer to push the opportunistic line that failed so spectacularly last week.

If he was relying on Libby's body not being found you'd think he'd want to get out asap just in case it was.

If he'd got back to Poland, even whilst we're part of the European Arrest Warrant - he'd have been difficult to get back. After brexit who knows if we'd ever get him back to face trial

Leaving the guilty plea to the last minute has been a godsend to LE in my opinion. Weird decision on his part. Or very poor legal advice

I don't understand it at all

I believe PR must have spoken to LE during his imterviews as he did give an account for the wellesley ave incident, that he urinated on the door, AFTER having had sex with his wife. I certainly read that after the sentancing.

I remember just after PR was arrested a girl had her student flat burgled whilst she was in but im not aware of 'lots of similar crimes'.

As far as the locals go, people were questioning was it PR because a)his age b) hes already in jail. Thats the confusion i have been seeing.

I believe PR must have spoken to LE during his imterviews as he did give an account for the wellesley ave incident, that he urinated on the door, AFTER having had sex with his wife. I certainly read that after the sentancing.

I remember just after PR was arrested a girl had her student flat burgled whilst she was in but im not aware of 'lots of similar crimes'.

As far as the locals go, people were questioning was it PR because a)his age b) hes already in jail. Thats the confusion i have been seeing.
Whoa after having sex with his wife!? I'd heard the urinating defence but not that.

That was 20th of Jan - so his wife was around during when his offences had started to escalate. I don't know why but I'd assumed she wasn't.

I've not heard the part about him doing it after having sex with his wife - that's disgusting if true! Where did you read that?

It's highly likely he did speak to Police under caution as he will have been confronted with the evidence against him. i.e. his car in the video, and libby getting in. And probably more things that we don't know about.

Under UK laws, failure to provide key facts that he intended to rely on at trial could wreck any future defence. (i.e. quite different to the US).

So one might expect he needed to account for why he was there, why libby got in his car and where he took her to.

He doesn't have to say anything of course, but then an explanation given at a future trial might draw adverse comment from the Judge

This is especially the case with alibi type evidence. So e.g if he claims he was working as an illegal taxi driver, dropped libby home, then went to try to get more customers or went home.

Stood out to me when i read but i didnt draw any significance at the time apart from bleugh.

As newthoughts says it shows his wife was around, 'around the time' and also tells us there WAS some level of dialogue between him and officers during his extensive interview.

Stood out to me when i read but i didnt draw any significance at the time apart from bleugh.

As newthoughts says it shows his wife was around, 'around the time' and also tells us there WAS some level of dialogue between him and officers during his extensive interview.
Indeed bleugh - but a clever response IMO. Or at least cunning.

Police brought the man in for questioning on Wednesday (21 August), and held him for 24 hours but later released him under investigation. This means that a decision still has to be made as to whether or not they can charge him for Libby's murder.

Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley said in a statement "The investigation is very much live and continuing."

A huge-scale investigation began soon after, and the same man that has been in police custody this week was arrested early on, on suspicion of her abduction. Police combed his home, sealing off the two-bed and towing away his car. He was then questioned for 96 hours before being released under investigation.

The arrest earlier this week marks the second time the man has been brought into police custody for a crime related to Libby Squire's disappearance.

"The majority of the additional analysis stage is now complete, with a small number still pending final results. A file is being prepared for the Crown Prosecution Service as the investigation progresses."
What happened to murdered student, Libby Squire?

What the?!?! I presumed you’d picked up the first part of this post from local rumour until I read your HDM link. Blurrggh indeed! Not quite sure how I missed that part of his defence. As @Newthoughts says ... that’s pretty devious thinking to try and explain it away.

Does it mean his wife was around? He wasn’t being truthful with LE, so whilst he might have come up with it as an excuse, that’s not to say once they dug a little deeper the facts matched up. She may well have been in Poland - I think there was some talk of her and the kids not having been seen at the house for a while. Eew if she was home imagine being questioned by police as to whether you had sex with your husband in January, as it’s his defence to the accusation of wanking against a students front door. In the grand scheme of things the least of her worries I suppose. I can’t see her sticking by him at all.

It's highly likely he did speak to Police under caution as he will have been confronted with the evidence against him. i.e. his car in the video, and libby getting in. And probably more things that we don't know about.

Under UK laws, failure to provide key facts that he intended to rely on at trial could wreck any future defence. (i.e. quite different to the US).

So one might expect he needed to account for why he was there, why libby got in his car and where he took her to.

He doesn't have to say anything of course, but then an explanation given at a future trial might draw adverse comment from the Judge

This is especially the case with alibi type evidence. So e.g if he claims he was working as an illegal taxi driver, dropped libby home, then went to try to get more customers or went home.

This is very true. I’ve presumed ‘no comment’ would be his easy way out of it, but you’re right ... if he’s planning to fall back on the story he told to mamma about giving a lift to a vulnerable girl home, he would need to use that narrative from the off.

The girl in the spidercam footage seemed to holdback as he opened the door then he seemed to not force but push her into the car quicker than what she was going
I've been thinking about that. He was clearly on the passenger side of the car and opened the door? Even drunk I'd be with it enough to head to the passenger door by myself and open it and I'd expect the driver to be walking towards the driver side only.

I still cannot watch it past the point where he walks out of view.

I’ve watched it again. I think he was doing his usual, when he was *interrupted* by a passing cyclist ( hence the panicky unlocking of the car as the locks flash several times) and passing car, he quickly gets his tobacco out of his pocket as a ‘I’m just sitting her having a *advertiser censored*, nothing to see here’ sits in car and then when the cyclist and car have gone past and the coast is clear, he goes back to what he was doing before. He’s seen that Libby is vulnerable and offers to walk her just round the corner to her house, but as they approach the car he says to get in be easier, warmer. She hesitates, that why she appears to head back on her feet but it all happens in a couple of seconds, she’s in the car and off they go.

I also think another possible scenario was that he could have told her he was there to pick her up, someone had called a taxi for her. She may not have noticed it wasn’t a proper cab until she got to the door, hesitates but he helps her, firmly, to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa