Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last buses from 'station' usually leave at around 11pm on all the main routes and run back in empty. The number 4 goes that way and i would think takes around 15 minutes to reach the bench. There may be other slightly later ones but having grown up and lived in Hull all my life its always been 'last bus leaves station at 11'. There is a night bus that runs at 12/1/2 but only Friday/Saturdays and only certain routes.

The last buses from 'station' usually leave at around 11pm on all the main routes and run back in empty. The number 4 goes that way and i would think takes around 15 minutes to reach the bench. There may be other slightly later ones but having grown up and lived in Hull all my life its always been 'last bus leaves station at 11'. There is a night bus that runs at 12/1/2 but only Friday/Saturdays and only certain routes.
Ok thanks for that. I have not been able to find the CCTV map that I am sure I saw a couple of months ago, as it would be interesting to know what CCTV showed her on the bench. Maybe streetview might help.

ETA I went to Google maps where Beresford meets Beverley and the street view shows Libby's bench clearly now as a memorial. I had a good look round and could see no cameras in street view at all except possibly cameras on the crossing traffic lights. 31 Jan was a Sunday, so no night buses and probably a reduced Sunday service anyway.

Last edited:
It could be from anywhere really. Dashcam footage from a private car, a Taxi, possibly a bus or an empty bus running the other way, a passing police car, cyclist with a go pro. The possibilities are pretty endless i suppose. There is a row of shops almost opposite that include a betting shop and at the far end a Sainsburys local, and also a fixed CCTV camera on the junction of Clough Rd/Beverley Rd those are what i can remember but we cant be sure exactly what any of them cover thus if any were useful.

Found this. Seems to have come from Facebook, so probably isn't really allowed on here, but it was posted on an earlier thread.

"PaddyOreally? said:

That was on the same night. Some girl was chased Down the road by a man in a balaclava. A taxi pulled up at the end of the road to help but was apparently a fake taxi (normal car with fake taxi stickers on side) but she managed to escape.

It was just near where libby went missing and was apparently reported to the police. People have been talking about this on Facebook".

I thought that was near one of the clubs down Newland Ave. Don't recall it being the same night though. It's confusing now with what was rumours or reported in the press and being a while ago with much discussion in between.

Well goodness knows what I looked at there. I looked again and you're right, it was a Thursday. Still no night buses on a Thursday though either. Thanks for the second pair of eyes.
I think it was discussed in earlier threads re buses as some suggested Libby might have walked to get a bus back to the Welly to meet her friends. It was decided then by the locals on the thread that there was no bus at this time,

I think it was discussed in earlier threads re buses as some suggested Libby might have walked to get a bus back to the Welly to meet her friends. It was decided then by the locals on the thread that there was no bus at this time,
Ok thanks. I wasn't checking for reasons of catching a bus but because it had been suggested the CCTV that she was seen on in Beverly road might have been from a bus. So I was looking for cctv actually. Has CCTV been discussed before that I may have missed? (apart from spidercam and the unidentified people near the park- I have seen those.)

When you say ‘local rumour’ that generally refers to Hull focused social media pages. To clarify, do you mean you live locally and it’s something that’s being vocalised in the community?

I’m intrigued about these ‘many similar crimes’. We haven’t heard about any other missing young girls, so are you referring to rapes / abductions / attacks locally? Or more public flashing incidents / sex toy thefts / voyeurism? Both are relatively unusual rare crimes, so it’s concerning to hear.
Yes I live reasonably local, yes I have friends in Hull, no I don’t sit and read Hull social media pages. I read the local news and have noticed how frequently these cases come up there, more so than anywhere else I have lived. Have posted links to all the flashing incidents reported (different people) since February this year, there are a similar number for arrests, appeals for rapes. There has been one more (at least, that I have read about) with regards stolen sex toys- but would have to go down a wormhole to find that article as google dominates it with PR reporting.

What happened to murdered student, Libby Squire?

"Police brought the man in for questioning on Wednesday (21 August), and held him for 24 hours but later released him under investigation. This means that a decision still has to be made as to whether or not they can charge him for Libby's murder."

Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley said in a statement "The investigation is very much live and continuing."

libby-squire-murder-1566553992.jpg

Libby Squire went missing after a night out
HUMBERSIDE POLICE
The student was last believed to have been seen at around 12:09am on 1 February. Then, at 12:30am a woman who lived near Libby reported hearing "bloodcurdling screams".

A huge-scale investigation began soon after, and the same man that has been in police custody this week was arrested early on, on suspicion of her abduction. Police combed his home, sealing off the two-bed and towing away his car. He was then questioned for 96 hours before being released under investigation. "

Snipped as per 10% rule.

This is a second MSM confirming it is the same guy arrested, as we thought.

Last edited:
Yes I live reasonably local, yes I have friends in Hull, no I don’t sit and read Hull social media pages. I read the local news and have noticed how frequently these cases come up there, more so than anywhere else I have lived. Have posted links to all the flashing incidents reported (different people) since February this year, there are a similar number for arrests, appeals for rapes. There has been one more (at least, that I have read about) with regards stolen sex toys- but would have to go down a wormhole to find that article as google dominates it with PR reporting.
As a local, WS allows you to post local knowledge without links, as I encountered this on another thread and had a post deleted for asking a local for a link.

What happened to murdered student, Libby Squire?

"Police brought the man in for questioning on Wednesday (21 August), and held him for 24 hours but later released him under investigation. This means that a decision still has to be made as to whether or not they can charge him for Libby's murder."

Detective Superintendent Martin Smalley said in a statement "The investigation is very much live and continuing."

libby-squire-murder-1566553992.jpg

Libby Squire went missing after a night out
HUMBERSIDE POLICE
The student was last believed to have been seen at around 12:09am on 1 February. Then, at 12:30am a woman who lived near Libby reported hearing "bloodcurdling screams".

A huge-scale investigation began soon after, and the same man that has been in police custody this week was arrested early on, on suspicion of her abduction. Police combed his home, sealing off the two-bed and towing away his car. He was then questioned for 96 hours before being released under investigation. "

Snipped as per 10% rule.

This is a second MSM confirming it is the same guy arrested, as we thought.
I agree police are still interested in the same person, what worries me is that they seem to be having difficulty creating a solid case to prosecute. They must have something that is undeniable otherwise, why close doors and only investigate the one person?

It could be from anywhere really. Dashcam footage from a private car, a Taxi, possibly a bus or an empty bus running the other way, a passing police car, cyclist with a go pro. The possibilities are pretty endless i suppose. There is a row of shops almost opposite that include a betting shop and at the far end a Sainsburys local, and also a fixed CCTV camera on the junction of Clough Rd/Beverley Rd those are what i can remember but we cant be sure exactly what any of them cover thus if any were useful.

It was reported in various places that the man with the grey beard was seen on CCTV approaching Libby (some sources just say "he was 'spotted' approaching her). I think for that report, the police giving a rough timeline for Libby on the bench and the link to spidercam that it's something less fleeting than a dashcam. Whilst Libby was sitting by a main road, I think it would be an incredible coincidence for motorists to be passing right at the moments when 2 men are actually talking to her at different times. Perfectly possible, but amazing luck if that's the way it happened.

I agree police are still interested in the same person, what worries me is that they seem to be having difficulty creating a solid case to prosecute. They must have something that is undeniable otherwise, why close doors and only investigate the one person?
I hope they are just taking their time because they know he isn't going anywhere for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member