Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #17 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
re:Balaclava. As we know Poland is very very cold in winter.Would a balaclava have have been used regularly by PR in the past didn't he work outdoors there? One might have already been in PR's possession (if Balaclava man was PR)
Amazon sell Balaclavas for variouse uses skiing motorbiking hiking also they sell a variety of biking in cold weather running/ training masks (the training ones look like what Hannibal Lecter wore) plus halloween like scream masks .Lotsof reviews so they are not uncommon but agree not so common now as when I grew up. Then every school boy had a hand knitted one

It was reported in various places that the man with the grey beard was seen on CCTV approaching Libby (some sources just say "he was 'spotted' approaching her). I think for that report, the police giving a rough timeline for Libby on the bench and the link to spidercam that it's something less fleeting than a dashcam. Whilst Libby was sitting by a main road, I think it would be an incredible coincidence for motorists to be passing right at the moments when 2 men are actually talking to her at different times. Perfectly possible, but amazing luck if that's the way it happened.

I agree with you to an extent. The sticking point is that initially police didnt know in which direction she had left (or at least that is what they actively said in appeals). I personally think they found out very quickly (a day or so) that she left via Haworth St.

So it is either (in my mind) passing footage or perhaps the fixed camera on Bev Rd junction that sadly happened to move direction prior to 1208/09?

re:Balaclava. As we know Poland is very very cold in winter.Would a balaclava have have been used regularly by PR in the past didn't he work outdoors there? One might have already been in PR's possession (if Balaclava man was PR)
Amazon sell Balaclavas for variouse uses skiing motorbiking hiking also they sell a variety of biking in cold weather running/ training masks (the training ones look like what Hannibal Lecter wore) plus halloween like scream masks .Lotsof reviews so they are not uncommon but agree not so common now as when I grew up. Then every school boy had a hand knitted one

Not sure if the scream mask they found in the back of his car links to the balaclava... It may be nothing but thought I would point it out!

Its mentioned in this article The sick marker Pawel Relowicz left to taunt his victims

I agree with you to an extent. The sticking point is that initially police didnt know in which direction she had left (or at least that is what they actively said in appeals). I personally think they found out very quickly (a day or so) that she left via Haworth St.

So it is either (in my mind) passing footage or perhaps the fixed camera on Bev Rd junction that sadly happened to move direction prior to 1208/09?
I've been told that whilst Beverley road is well lit the bench is set slightly back and is quite dark. So if she was picked up by CCTV there, it's a junction so it's likely to have CCTV and ANPR, moving back to sit on the bench means she probably would cease to be visible. So it could easily be ordinary CCTV. I'm surprised it wasn't shown.

Do we know whether it was witnesses or CCTV that picked up greybeard?

As it now appears she went from the bench backwards to Haworth street she wouldn't be picked up leaving it by either that camera or others on the road. Hence LE would know she could only have gone to Haworth.

I believe LE were searching there very thoroughly the day after. I wonder if that's when they obtained spidercam footage.

Spidercam didn't show his number plate so I'm pretty sure the car will have been caught on CCTV elsewhere. Otherwise they'd never have caught him.

Either way lack of lighting would have been an issue

LE asked for dashcam and CCTV for that evening and that area.

I think it was discussed in earlier threads re buses as some suggested Libby might have walked to get a bus back to the Welly to meet her friends. It was decided then by the locals on the thread that there was no bus at this time,

I think she was on the wrong side of the road to get the bus back to the welly. Plus, there was a bus stop right next to the bench, so I don't think that was her intention. I think she was waiting for her friends to get back, because she didnt have her keys which is why she turned away from her house after the taxi dropped her off home.

I think she was on the wrong side of the road to get the bus back to the welly. Plus, there was a bus stop right next to the bench, so I don't think that was her intention. I think she was waiting for her friends to get back, because she didnt have her keys which is why she turned away from her house after the taxi dropped her off home.
Someone that had lived in her road the year before told me it's a bit dark at night. Few days before PR had been there doing his usual. So what she actually did was quite sensible. Move to a brightly lit area which, in theory, would be busier. It's exactly what I'd have done

Do buses run that late in Hull? As it mentioned her walking down a road and sitting on the bench I thought it sounded like they had tracked her. I remember finding a map of the CCTV cams, I'll have to have another look.
Is this what your looking for? hull city council cctv map of bev rd area.
itv news stated this, Miss Squire was dropped off in a taxi near her home on Wellesley Avenue at around 11.29pm on Thursday January 31 and was seen 10 minutes later on CCTV near a bench on Beverley Road, where a motorist stopped to offer help.

Attachments

• cctv-1.jpg
    cctv-1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

The University Buses timetable (Sept 2018 edition) shows only 2 bus routes go along Beverley Road and they turn left at the Haworth Arms towards the Uni. The last 105 passed through Haworth at 23:15 and the Late Night 106 was Saturday only.

I've done some more research on the regular daily bus routes and timetables for the journey along Beverley Road from Hull and the Welly to Haworth Street and beyond. The two regular routes late on are 4A and 7A.

Currently the last 4A stops at Haworth Street at 23:17 so that one is too early for Libby.

However the 7A is more interesting as it currently stops at Haworth Street at approx 23: 37. She was left at home by the Welly taxi at 23:29 so there was a few minutes left for an attempt to do the 330 yards to that stop. At a brisk walking pace it would take 4 minutes, but she was not in a good condition. This could still explain her heading for the more illuminated Beverley Road, especially if she had no access to her own home and there was a feeling of insecurity in her area.

As for CCTV, the council one at the Beverley/ Cottingham junction usually points along Cottingham Rd towards the Uni. Google's May 2019 streetmap shows there is a small camera at the Euro Market shop on the Beverley parade between Berisford and Cottingham but it may not have sufficient range for Libbby's position. I think a bus or other vehicle is more likely to have provided any meaningful images in question. JMO of course.

I hope they are just taking their time because they know he isn't going anywhere for a few years.
And I should think they have enough evidence that it was him, and possibly only him involved, (cctv, phone, witness, car etc etc). They maybe are just trying to fill in the pieces to make any conviction watertight. And whilst he’s been in custody anyway, they have had time to do so. I know some think he had an accomplice, personally I don’t, and I don’t think there’s any doubt it was him and so there’s no one else to investigate.

I’ve tried lots of searches on the Judiciary’s website and cannot find the judge’s sentencing remarks for PR. They haven’t been published as far as I can see.
@Oulton This is an extract from HDM with sentencing remarks from Judge Jeremy Richardson
hulldailymail
NEWS
Pawel Relowicz: Perverted sexual predator jailed for eight and a half years

BySimon BristowAlex GroveSenior reporter
14:37,
Pawel Relowicz - latest
Dale Brook, for Relowicz, says the offending may be “opportunistic” rather than planned, as the prosecution say.

But Judge Jeremy Richardson told him: “It’s not a one-off, it’s a campaign.”

Sentencing him to eight and a half years in jail, Judge Richardson told Relowicz his campaign was one “of sexually deviant criminality.”

He told Relowicz: “I’m certain that each one of your crimes, including the burglaries, were motivated by your perverted sexual deviancy.

“It is clear to me that you harbour sexually deviant traits within your character.

"I regard you as potentially a very dangerous individual.

"You are plainly a sexual predator. I regard you to have all the potential to be dangerous 'Take him down '

@Oulton This is an extract from HDM with sentencing remarks from Judge Jeremy Richardson
hulldailymail
NEWS
Pawel Relowicz: Perverted sexual predator jailed for eight and a half years

BySimon BristowAlex GroveSenior reporter
14:37,
Pawel Relowicz - latest
Dale Brook, for Relowicz, says the offending may be “opportunistic” rather than planned, as the prosecution say.

But Judge Jeremy Richardson told him: “It’s not a one-off, it’s a campaign.”

Sentencing him to eight and a half years in jail, Judge Richardson told Relowicz his campaign was one “of sexually deviant criminality.”

He told Relowicz: “I’m certain that each one of your crimes, including the burglaries, were motivated by your perverted sexual deviancy.

“It is clear to me that you harbour sexually deviant traits within your character.

"I regard you as potentially a very dangerous individual.

"You are plainly a sexual predator. I regard you to have all the potential to be dangerous 'Take him down '

I think it odd that they have not been published in the usual way though. All sentencing remarks documents are published on the website in the usual way but not PR’s for some reason. I’ve read the quoted bits in the news but cannot find the official documentation on line on The Judiciary UK site. It’s odd.

The thing that intrigues me. Is where along the river Hull was Libby's body disposed?

I just think it's such a long way from Oak Road Playing Fields to the River Humber.

I think it odd that they have not been published in the usual way though. All sentencing remarks documents are published on the website in the usual way but not PR’s for some reason. I’ve read the quoted bits in the news but cannot find the official documentation on line on The Judiciary UK site. It’s odd.
I don't know, but here's the link for the HDM report which gives the judge's sentencing remarks in full.
Every word said as Relowicz is jailed for 'perverted sexual campaign'

A few threads back someone had drawn dotted lines over a screenshot from google maps of where she could have entered the water (there were two ways if I remember correctly) and also had the sluice marked on the image. It was a great diagram and was really helpful!!

The University Buses timetable (Sept 2018 edition) shows only 2 bus routes go along Beverley Road and they turn left at the Haworth Arms towards the Uni. The last 105 passed through Haworth at 23:15 and the Late Night 106 was Saturday only.

I've done some more research on the regular daily bus routes and timetables for the journey along Beverley Road from Hull and the Welly to Haworth Street and beyond. The two regular routes late on are 4A and 7A.

Currently the last 4A stops at Haworth Street at 23:17 so that one is too early for Libby.

However the 7A is more interesting as it currently stops at Haworth Street at approx 23: 37. She was left at home by the Welly taxi at 23:29 so there was a few minutes left for an attempt to do the 330 yards to that stop. At a brisk walking pace it would take 4 minutes, but she was not in a good condition. This could still explain her heading for the more illuminated Beverley Road, especially if she had no access to her own home and there was a feeling of insecurity in her area.

As for CCTV, the council one at the Beverley/ Cottingham junction usually points along Cottingham Rd towards the Uni. Google's May 2019 streetmap shows there is a small camera at the Euro Market shop on the Beverley parade between Berisford and Cottingham but it may not have sufficient range for Libbby's position. I think a bus or other vehicle is more likely to have provided any meaningful images in question. JMO of course.
That would certainly explain both the CCTV and why she headed to Beverly road if she was thinking of getting a bus back to Welly. Perhaps she nodded off on the bench and missed it.

That would certainly explain both the CCTV and why she headed to Beverly road if she was thinking of getting a bus back to Welly. Perhaps she nodded off on the bench and missed it.

Libby was on the wrong side of the road to get back to Welly.

I think she was heading to a seemingly safe place to wait for friends (more traffic and people around than down her street). We don't know if she knew about what had happened down there recently buy would make sense to go to a more populated area regardless.

A few threads back someone had drawn dotted lines over a screenshot from google maps of where she could have entered the water (there were two ways if I remember correctly) and also had the sluice marked on the image. It was a great diagram and was really helpful!!
Was this after she was found?

Did they correspond with where the police concentrated their searches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod