AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, there are several words that she says incorrectly and she had to pause several times before answering. She also did not correct the dispatcher about the 2 men that were seen. She may seem to speak good English but that does not mean that she can. She speaks it broken. My husband can speak good English too but like I said in a previous post, he always says that he can't find the right words to express himself. I don't see how anything could be more confusing. On the contrary, I think that we would have a better understanding.

I think that you would have to be around people often who speak another language to know, to be able to hear the difference.
I am around plenty of people whose English is not their native language (legal immigrants). Her English is way better than the people I am around. She was born in US and lived here all her life. If mother went around with interpreter in tow, we would spend endless hours debating whether things she said were interpreted correctly or not. So it would add another barrier and not be helpful.

Last edited:
Yes, but we were trying to figure out how a 3 yo or 5 yo could access that type of swing? Most of the time you have to pick the child up and place them into the bucket of the swing. Older children that can jump up can access the infant swings but I don't see a 3 or 5 yo being about to get into the bucket by themselves.

There are "big kids" swings there, too. Where do we get the info they were in/on the infant swings?

Ok.....I found my way down the rabbit hole and ended up on the FBI page with the 10 wanted list.

There is a Alexis Flores who is wanted since 2000 for kidnapping and murdering a 5 yo.
—-> in Philadelphia, PA.
I wonder .......
Yuck, really seems to fit a possible profile of someone who could be involved in a situation like this. The victim, 5, long dark hair, appearing Hispanic.

I just hope he is still in Honduras. But a possible day worker, living and working in the area, even if temporary, getting to know the area, observing and plotting, someone who has committed similar crimes and learns from past mistakes. Someone may recognize him if he lived in the community. He was hired as a handyman, described as friendly.

If the dog tracked her for an hour, then she, herself, traveled or was walked somewhere away from the playground or buildings. It wouldn't take a dog an hour to track her from the playground to a van behind the building unless the dog tracked a vehicle out of the park and lost the scent as it moved into a more heavily traveled residential area.

Precisely. That direction of travel and length of the scent trail would tell us a lot. An hour long scent trail is quite a distance for a little girl.

@rosesfromangels Never mind, I found it. I knew I had it somewhere. Scroll down to September 16th at 5pm.

Amber Alert for Dulce Alavez: Timeline, what we know about missing 5-year-old as search enters 2nd week

"About two dozen people were playing basketball at a court near the play area at the time the child went missing, police said. All were interviewed by police and none initially reported seeing an abduction, according to police. Witnesses confirmed seeing the kids at the playground."
Thank you so much for going the extra mile to confirm this. This case has been a hot mess as far as details, and changing details.
Let us pray there is a break soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

There are "big kids" swings there, too. Where do we get the info they were in/on the infant swings?
I looked for other swings and didn't see the 'big kids' swings you reference. The picture of the bucket swings was from the paper and is current. Were the other swings not in place yet due to the construction work? I didn't see any other 'big kids' swings? Do you have a current picture? Thanks

I looked for other swings and didn't see the 'big kids' swings you reference. The picture of the bucket swings was from the paper and is current. Were the other swings not in place yet due to the construction work? I didn't see any other 'big kids' swings? Do you have a current picture? Thanks
There is a picture posted by Han where you can see at least one other swing and it is very low to the ground.
Anyway, they weren't using the infant swing, a 3 year old is too big for an infant swing anyway.
I don't think it's been reported that the kids were actually on the swings.
The mom dropped them off to play at the park and on the swings. She never actually saw them on the swings, as far as I can tell.
As they were still eating their icecream and Dulce was abducted within ten minutes I'm guessing they never made it to the swings. Although she probably could have sat on it holding the chain in one hand and her icecream in the other.
Anyway, I don't think it's been verified that they were actually on the swing, at least not the 3 year old, although we don't know if any witnesses saw them doing so.

Apparently she was lured away from the area of the swings and somewhere in the location of the buildings. At least this is the information investigators seemed to have gotten from the three year old.

I doubt whoever abducted her would have done so near where the mother was parked or in plain sight of the courts or swings. Unless someone saw something and is not admitting to it.
So it's likely that it was in a more secluded area that she was taken.

Imo

Here’s the MSM reference to the tracking:

Earlier Thursday, investigators were at Bridgeton City Park with bloodhounds tracking the 5-year-old's scent. They picked up something for approximately an hour, but then lost it.

They also visited the family's home, too.

AMBER ALERT: New Jersey girl missing for 6 days as search continues

BBM The visit to the home was most likely to get an uncontaminated scent article for the dog. Only the handler can touch the article and it is then put in a brown paper bag and the handler carries it with them to refresh the dogs scent memory if it gets confused. I am very curious where the dog lost the scent trail and if the dog completely lost the scent or was confused by other scents. Makes a big difference. Even if Dulce was carried, she would still leave a scent trail. Most times when a scent trail comes to an abrupt stop, it is because the individual has been contained in some manner, like in a vehicle.

BBM The visit to the home was most likely to get an uncontaminated scent article for the dog. Only the handler can touch the article and it is then put in a brown paper bag and the handler carries it with them to refresh the dogs scent memory if it gets confused. I am very curious where the dog lost the scent trail and if the dog completely lost the scent or was confused by other scents. Makes a big difference. Even if Dulce was carried, she would still leave a scent trail. Most times when a scent trail comes to an abrupt stop, it is because the individual has been contained in some manner, like in a vehicle.
Now when they say the dog picked up a scent for an hour, does that mean it kept walking until it stopped, or did the dog keep circling around an area for an hour?

I'm trying to understand how her scent could be tracked for over an hour- am I wrong to assume in a path like fashion, where it just keeps going until it ends?

Sorry for the question- I am just confused.

F73325FEYZFPDI4AF7KJDMIQOE.jpg

Thursday, September 19, 2019. Law enforcement personnel from multiple agencies walk Bloodhound "Alec" through Centerton Park, from where reportedly, 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alvarez was abducted days ago. Close-knit community left in fear as mystery surrounds disappearance of 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez
There’s one swing for big kids in this picture.

Now when they say the dog picked up a scent for an hour, does that mean it kept walking until it stopped, or did the dog keep circling around an area for an hour?

I'm trying to understand how her scent could be tracked for over an hour- am I wrong to assume in a path like fashion, where it just keeps going until it ends?

Sorry for the question- I am just confused.
This has been my confusion/question as well.

To me, it doesn’t make sense that the dog/dogs would have tracked Dulce’s scent for an hour in a long path... or that would surely have been mentioned to the public. Because that is a long way and would be far enough that it would be a different location to be stated as “last seen”. I feel certain the hour timeframe includes them circling around the playground area and the path from Noema’s car. IMO that “hour” was spent in relatively the same general area.

MOO.

Thank you so much for going the extra mile to confirm this. This case has been a hot mess as far as details, and changing details.
Let us pray there is a break soon.

No problem. For a minute there I thought I was crazy and never saw that article so I would have ended up staying up until I found it. Glad I found it so soon. lol. I very most absolutely stand firm on my belief that the inconsistencies are because of the language barrier. I know some people may not agree and that's ok. I am willing to bet though that if they got an interpreter the stories would be more consistent. I also think that the police being a little more clear would help us too. But hey, what can we do? Just hope this little girl is found safe although my gut is telling me she may not be. IMO

With a Bloodhound, once they imprint on the scent article, they are generally nose to the ground following a scent trail, once they find it. There may be a bit of time spent searching for the scent trail, but if the PLS is well noted, they pick up the trail rather quickly and follow it like a steam engine, huffing and puffing, pulling their handler behind them. There may have been a few stops and starts where other scent trails intersected Dulce's, but even a half hour scent trail in a line is a bit of a walk.

I am eager to hear if this dear soul was James Hires, as I have speculated. They looked so much like the rendering IMO.

I don't think anybody believes the 2 children were in the 'infants' swings as they wouldn't be able to get into them. We have been trying to figure out where the 2 children might have been playing on the playground and how far they might been from Mom in the car. How far did Mom/and sister walk into the park before they found the 3 yo son? At this point I'm not sure we can reconstruct anything in terms of a timeline based on the shifting narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu