MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were bullet holes in the window glass, but LE determined that the shots originated from inside the cabin. There was a shot fired into the ceiling, also from inside the cabin. In the call to her friend, she said that she had shot a man in the face, but no blood was found anywhere. No evidence was found that any shots were fired into the cabin from the outside. In an apparent escape, she climbed out of the cabin through a window and onto the roof, where she left her boots and cell phone. A gun was found at the property (which, I presume, is the one she used, although I don't know that for a fact).

I've no doubt that she perceived herself to be in the the middle of a shootout with two men, and that she was terrified. In my opinion, for whatever reason, she suffered a break with reality and was not rational. I believe that she'll be found not too far from the cabin.
Absolutely. The description of the scene makes it seem like she believed herself to be in danger.

At the same time, it makes it clear to me that what she thought she was seeing, was not real.

She’ll be somewhere within the vicinity of the cabin, but she still could have traveled some distance on foot.

Hopefully they find her before the weather gets too bad.

Absolutely. The description of the scene makes it seem like she believed herself to be in danger.

At the same time, it makes it clear to me that what she thought she was seeing, was not real.
SBM

I think you are right in that she did believe herself in danger. Someone obviously fired a gun in that cabin. But for whatever reason, mental breakdown, hallucinations, drug trip, what she thought was happening was in her head and not reality.

SBM

I think you are right in that she did believe herself in danger. Someone obviously fired a gun in that cabin. But for whatever reason, mental breakdown, hallucinations, drug trip, what she thought was happening was in her head and not reality.

Completely agree with both of you. I think the only possible way this could be foul play with the facts we have is if the suspect and the “friend” she called are in cahoots, and the phone call was staged to make it look like Adrienne was calling when it was actually the perp.

I’d say the odds of that are extremely minuscule, and she most likely had a mental health crisis or drug induced psychosis where she imagined this danger, fired several shots and then ran into the woods in a panic. Especially since there’s no evidence of any shots being fired from outside the cabin and no blood evidence.

Tragic situation all around.

Forgive me if this has already been brought up or asked...I’ve tried reading back through thread.
The article states the phone call to the friend was a lil over 4 mins, which seems rather long to talk to someone during a situation like this involving a shootout.
So I’m wondering if they actually talked that long or did she forget to hang up/left phone or possibly just ask her friend to stay on the line/not to hang up??
I feel if it were the latter, the friend may have heard some important details in that few mins of listening to background noise, etc...

“After speaking for 4 minutes and 27 seconds”

Mich. Woman Who Vanished From Cabin Was in Shootout with 2 Men Before Calling Friend for Help: Police

At the end of the WDIV report yesterday there was mention of LE searching with cadaver dogs when it warms up. Not sure how soon that will be as most of Michigan is experiencing below normal temps for this time of year. Plenty of snow, too. I doubt that AQ will be found alive, but I hope her family and friends don't have to wait for months to learn what happened to her.

I don't think anybody here has theorized that AQ made the call under duress. Perhaps the boyfriend decided he was going to kill her, and knowing that he'd be a suspect, he concocts this scenario. He fires a few shots through the window using her gun, then he has her phone a friend at gun point. Apparently the friend was the fourth person called (first 3 didn't answer), so why didn't she call 911? Presumably she had to give the friend the address? Why was it incorrect?

Some might think that she might not have wanted police involvement due to drug use, however she instructs the friend to call the police. IMO the phone call is a ruse designed to mislead LE. The premiss is that two men are shooting at her, a very dire and urgent situation. But, she has already attempted three other calls, and when she finally gets hold of someone, she has almost a 5 minute conversation, and she gives the wrong address to boot. If she was honestly in peril, or believed she was in peril due to mental illness or drug use, she would have called 911. Whoever may have forced her to make that call would have not wanted the call to be recorded for analysis.

IMO this new information changes nothing. The shootout obviously never happened, so was it delusional or was it staging?

Because Cabff defended Adrienne back in her now deleted original post, saying things such as Adrienne learned everything about anything she pursued, was a marksman, and smart, I am still not convinced this was a mental or drug thing where she went off her rocker... the caller told police how the conversation went .....and if Adrienne was manic, hallucinating etc , L.E. would react in a certain way....which they did and said "foul play". Not just the boyfriend or someone could have held a gun to her , she 10% chance was staging it with them, (the gunshot in the ceiling could have been for the benefit of the friend called). So maybe the clue on which possibility is more likley are the statements from L.E. ,and which direction the search went. Why search the area if the caller statement did not dictate to do so based on Arienne's state of mind and words during call.

Sheriff: Woman in shootout before disappearing up north

Beulah — A woman who went missing in Benzie County in mid-October was involved in a shootout prior to her disappearance, authorities said.

At 2:34 a.m. on Oct. 13, someone described as "a family friend" received a phone call from Adrienne "Ada" Quintal, in which Quintal said she was involved in gunfire with two men, according to a release this weekend from the Benzie County Sheriff's Office.

During the phone call, which lasted 4 minutes, 27 seconds, Quintal also told the friend that she had shot one of the men in the face and the other one was shooting at her, the department said. Quintal asked the friend to call the police for her and gave an address of 2900 Indian Hill Road in Honor, Michigan...

Further up thread it discusses shots up through the ceiling? Maybe someone was in fact shooting at her once they got inside when she ran up through the loft and onto the roof? Maybe kidnapped her from there? Without boots on I feel like she wouldn’t have gotten very far and her body would have been discovered during the searches unless someone helped her.. just thinking out loud!

“We’re very puzzled by this case. I’ve been doing this for 39 years and there’s just a lot of things going that this just doesn’t make sense,” said Benzie County Sheriff Ted Schendel.

“The phone call that she made a call to a friend is the same phone that was found on the outside of the residence on top of the roof,” said Sheriff Schendel.

Investigators did find her gun on the property, and located her phone and boots on the roof.

Bryson says her sister must have climbed out of a cabin window, walked onto the roof, and left her phone and cellphone there. Deputies found the window open when they arrived.

(BBM)

Bullet Holes Found In Window of Benzie County Cabin Where Woman Was Last Seen - 9 & 10 News
OK- this one is aliens

I am not convinced Ada ever made that call from her phone. I am not convinced Ada was alive nor alone at her cabin that night.

I am bothered by the delay between Ada’s distress call and the family friend’s alert to 911. I am bothered they gave the wrong address. I am bothered Ada didn’t call 911 herself. I am bothered her boyfriend is not cooperating with LE.

I would still like to know if the ‘family friend’ who called has ever met her boyfriend. MOO.

I'm still at about 50% that this is some sort of mental episode. It is easy to think that in 4.5 minutes you would be able to tell there was a mental issue but I have, in fact, had a relative after a specific medical condition that I could talk to for 30-45 minutes and think everything was ok then then conversation would go south and you knew things were going on.

If I entertain the scenario there were actually 2 men in a shootout with her I have to wonder why there isn't any other supporting evidence (that has been shared). Small caliber like a .22 pistol (I haven't heard what type of caliber she had) can penetrate and not specifically bleed much and may not even penetrate the skull. We have a lot of blood supply and circulation in our skin on our heads so it would be very unlikely to not have a lot of bleeding until covered somehow. She could have shot him inside a car and that would contain the evidence. If she was on the roof maybe that's why there was a shot up through the ceiling. It doesn't sound like she's the type to give up if she climbed onto the roof so I doubt she could be convinced to just be taken so they would have likely shot her on the roof. A struggle would leave evidence, fingernails break, hair is pulled and lost easily, clothing is ripped and torn easily in a struggle, all sorts of evidence is shed pretty easily. If this was a real shootout and/or if any sort of struggle took place the police know already and probably already have a pretty good idea who did it.

I think the biggest revelation is they are ready to search with cadaver dogs. That leads me to think they believe she had some sort of mental episode or ran into the woods either wounded or to hide and they realize she is likely not to have survived the elements.

Anyway, hoping for a different outcome and she be found safe.

Honor Michigan got 15+ inches of snow in the last 24 hours. :(

Honor is between Empire, MI and Beulah, MI

**Lake Effect Snow Totals (The Past 24 Hours): Empire 24.0″, Beulah 24.0″, Suttons Bay 16.0″, Leland 16.0″, Maple City 15.5″, Scottville 9.3″, Wellston 5.8″, Grawn 5.1″, Central Lake 4.0″

Honor Michigan got 15+ inches of snow in the last 24 hours. :(

Honor is between Empire, MI and Beulah, MI

**Lake Effect Snow Totals (The Past 24 Hours): Empire 24.0″, Beulah 24.0″, Suttons Bay 16.0″, Leland 16.0″, Maple City 15.5″, Scottville 9.3″, Wellston 5.8″, Grawn 5.1″, Central Lake 4.0″
Oh my, this is terrible timing!

Video of the outside and inside of the cabin at the link:

Bullet Holes Found In Window of Benzie County Cabin Where Woman Was Last Seen - 9 & 10 News

ETA: According to the reporter in the video, Adrienne's friend could hear shots being fired in the background.

Here's the window that was left open and from which she climbed on the roof, and another view of the cabin side (stills from the video). The window to the left of the door is the one with the bullet holes.
When I read the report of her being on the roof I though it was a window that opened directly to the roof. This is not the case at all. What prompted the police to look on the roof?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa