Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The public will be informed when the case goes to trial.

And if LE needs tips they can still ask for them.

Yes, just so you know, I completely understand.
As I explained before, we have sub judice in my country - perpetual gag orders for any perp in any trial, from the time they are arrested until they go to trial.

It doesn't make the frustration of the public and the relevant families any easier though, when a victim is still missing.
They often feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. imo
Understanding the fair trial, but wanting their missing loved one constantly in the news media.

The gag order in this case, at this point, makes me livid and feels to me like a complete miscarriage of justice. Aniah Blanchard and her family have been horrifically victimized (most likely) BECAUSE our justice system allowed a violent offender to roam our streets with little or no supervision and accountability. Imagine what kind of data a simple ankle monitor would have given LE in this case at the very least. Then, within what I would argue is a critical time frame where public information could be THE crucial element to finding her dead or alive our justice system strikes again and serves to stymie leads and tips. They (the prosecution) better have One HELL of a case against him because how many murderers are prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced to the FULL extent of law without a body. As days pass with her most powerful advocates (her parents) silenced there is no doubt DNA and other evidence of what really happened that night is disappearing with time or exposure to the elements. I understand that they want to protect the case but they've already failed to protect Aniah once and honestly, if LE really had enough evidence to lock this thing down they would have charged him with murder already. Since they haven't done that they should proceed as if she's still alive (because she may very well be) and garner as much media and public attention as possible.

I want to be respectful to Aniah and her family here, and this is a very sensitive issue.....but LE seems to have evidence from the car that tells them she did not survive. They did not reach that conclusion on a whim.
The public does not need to know more about that subject than what has already been released.
It's one thing for a grieving family to hold on to hope. It's quite another for the detectives who are investigating the crime and have reached conclusions based on the evidence they have uncovered. My heart aches for both the family and for the detectives who also carry their own heavy burden.
This investigation is still ongoing, and there are still searches being conducted. There could be additional charges later on.

Given the way the media and some members of the public have behaved in other cases.....the gag order here is very appropriate.

The gag order in this case, at this point, makes me livid and feels to me like a complete miscarriage of justice. Aniah Blanchard and her family have been horrifically victimized (most likely) BECAUSE our justice system allowed a violent offender to roam our streets with little or no supervision and accountability. Imagine what kind of data a simple ankle monitor would have given LE in this case at the very least. Then, within what I would argue is a critical time frame where public information could be THE crucial element to finding her dead or alive our justice system strikes again and serves to stymie leads and tips. They (the prosecution) better have One HELL of a case against him because how many murderers are prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced to the FULL extent of law without a body. As days pass with her most powerful advocates (her parents) silenced there is no doubt DNA and other evidence of what really happened that night is disappearing with time or exposure to the elements. I understand that they want to protect the case but they've already failed to protect Aniah once and honestly, if LE really had enough evidence to lock this thing down they would have charged him with murder already. Since they haven't done that they should proceed as if she's still alive (because she may very well be) and garner as much media and public attention as possible.

THIS! and like I said previously Aniah's parents haven't really said much in the media pertaining to specifics(like stuff pertaining to evidence and everything) of this case because they are pretty much in the dark. They have said it more than once in interviews that LE is not telling them really much of anything.

Yes, just so you know, I completely understand.
As I explained before, we have sub judice in my country - perpetual gag orders for any perp in any trial, from the time they are arrested until they go to trial.

It doesn't make the frustration of the public and the relevant families any easier though, when a victim is still missing.
They often feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. imo
Understanding the fair trial, but wanting their missing loved one constantly in the news media.

The public's "frustration" in most cases is unjustified. We do not need to know everything LE knows because it serves no good purpose.

I cannot imagine the pain and anguish that Aniah's family is enduring, and I will not pretend that I do.

THIS! and like I said previously Aniah's parents haven't really said much in the media pertaining to specifics(like stuff pertaining to evidence and everything) of this case because they are pretty much in the dark. They have said it more than once in interviews that LE is not telling them really much of anything.

LE doesn't usually give a victim's family a lot of specific details.

The public's "frustration" in most cases is unjustified. We do not need to know everything LE knows because it serves no good purpose.

I cannot imagine the pain and anguish that Aniah's family is enduring, and I will not pretend that I do.

Having followed the William Tyrrell case for five years, knowing that his parents could not speak out initially due to a FACS gag order/rule ... and seeing the pain and anguish they were undergoing when they finally had permission to speak out ... I can imagine how Aniah's family must be feeling. If it is anything like what William's parents visibly feel, with their child still missing.

Many people here are still annoyed by the gag order because they feel that if the public had known more, other tips might have come in from other people at the time - and William might not still be missing, 5 years later.

Last edited:
It's not solely for the benefit of the accused. Why on earth would you think that?

It is for the benefit of Aniah and her family as well. Her loved ones are in too much pain right now to see that.

There has been plenty of media exposure for this case on a national level. At this point there is nothing to be gained from telling the public any more details. And there could be plenty of damage done to the case.

You are repeatedly presenting your opinion as fact. Maybe you should start presenting it as just your opinion.

I want to be respectful to Aniah and her family here, and this is a very sensitive issue.....but LE seems to have evidence from the car that tells them she did not survive. They did not reach that conclusion on a whim.
The public does not need to know more about that subject than what has already been released.
It's one thing for a grieving family to hold on to hope. It's quite another for the detectives who are investigating the crime and have reached conclusions based on the evidence they have uncovered. My heart aches for both the family and for the detectives who also carry their own heavy burden.
This investigation is still ongoing, and there are still searches being conducted. There could be additional charges later on.

Given the way the media and some members of the public have behaved in other cases.....the gag order here is very appropriate.
I am a little perplexed as to why you are being so defensive about this gag order and potential upcoming trial. And I say potential here because we have no idea what they have on him and if he will even be indicted by a grand jury and go to trial. I respectfully understand your stand on it but many of us here have a difference of opinion and are a little skeptical of the judicial system with this particular person seeing as he has not been indicted and held accountable in the past and that was without national attention. I am one of opinion to believe that the more attention it gets the more the pressure is finally on to hold this man accountable and put him away for a very long time where he should have already been long ago.
And just to add there are plenty of National headline cases without a gag order that sees to a fair trial. All JMHO

I’ve seen a few people here saying that the gag order has been extended to Aniah’s family. Is that true? I know that IY’s attorney filed a motion asking for the gag order to be extended to Aniah’s family, but last I heard, the judge said he’d address it at the Nov 20th preliminary hearing.

Lee County DA: Montgomery’s leniency allowed Ibraheem Yazeed to kidnap Aniah Blanchard

Lee County District Judge Russell Bush on Friday said he would address the attorneys’ motions on Nov. 20 at the same time Yazeed is set to have his preliminary hearing.

Did I miss something?

I’ve found another arrest for Yazeed that I think has gone unmentioned. If you look closely at the jail roster you can see a familiar name right after his that was possibly arrested at same time. This would be the name we’ve referenced before in regards to his bond. Additionally, a female following that. These two may possibly been with him at time of arrest.

[snip]

Link for roster. http://www.madisonfl.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/jail3.pdf

[snip]

I'm not sure how much we can talk about people who have not been discussed in the media or by LE, but I've been digging through this and I'm pretty sure one of the people mentioned here has an address listed at the Park Place Apartments where Aniah's car was found.

This just made me cry

Blue bracelets inscribed with #findaniah graced the wrists of several Auburn University football players during Saturday’s UGA game.

Snip

“Auburn may have lost to Georgia tonight but some of the players certainly touched the hearts of many as they were wearing Find Aniah bracelets during the Auburn/Georgia game! Thank you for your hearts for Aniah and her family! #findaniah,” shared Tara Albright.
AU football players honor missing Auburn teen Aniah Blanchard during UGA game

It's not solely for the benefit of the accused. Why on earth would you think that?

It is for the benefit of Aniah and her family as well. Her loved ones are in too much pain right now to see that.

There has been plenty of media exposure for this case on a national level. At this point there is nothing to be gained from telling the public any more details. And there could be plenty of damage done to the case.

I didn’t say solely for his benefit. But yes....the main objective of a gag order is to avoid tainting the jury pool and public opinion to make sure a fair trial is achieved. The trial of the accused.....
I don’t disagree with gag orders. My point is that this one was put in place only days after he was arrested. And again...as I said, all a parent can think about is finding their child. Being subjective to a gag order must feel like they are being victimized all over again. This man has taken their child. Refuses to talk. And now they are being censored in what they are allowed to say to find their OWN child. Frustrating is the word that I used. I am firmly in the camp that his lawyer better do whatever necessary to avoid an appeal or mistrial. That does not make it less frustrating.

I didn’t say solely for his benefit. But yes....the main objective of a gag order is to avoid tainting the jury pool and public opinion to make sure a fair trial is achieved. The trial of the accused.....
I don’t disagree with gag orders. My point is that this one was put in place only days after he was arrested. And again...as I said, all a parent can think about is finding their child. Being subjective to a gag order must feel like they are being victimized all over again. This man has taken their child. Refuses to talk. And now they are being censored in what they are allowed to say to find their OWN child. Frustrating is the word that I used. I am firmly in the camp that his lawyer better do whatever necessary to avoid an appeal or mistrial. That does not make it less frustrating.

I don't think Aniah's parents are under there gag order. I may have missed an article. Will you please post the article where it says they're included?

I don't think Aniah's parents are under there gag order. I may have missed an article. Will you please post the article where it says they're included?
The gag order is supposed to include all potential witnesses. After it was put in place her parents have done interviews. IY’s lawyer then specifically pointed this out in his motion asking that they not be allowed to do that because they could be asked to testify if there is a trial. The hearing in on the 20th so the judge hasn’t made the ruling on that yet.

Hello everyone...I'm new to this..although I peek on this site from time to time...and I haven't finished going through this thread yet but what if the gag order was put on this case because he is a link to a much bigger case...which could explain why he was let out on bail on the previous charges....if he is involved in human trafficking this story is that much more deeper because there are plenty more players involved......imo gag order could mean they are going for bigger fish moo
Welcome to Ws PoeticVirgo, thinking you might be on to something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48