TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, how do you know he's a loser? OR,
To be perfectly clear, the DNA testing is being done to establish the baby is Margo, the daughter of Heidi. No one is waiting on news of who the father is. Since SC and Heidi were not married, y

DNA Test - Margo Carey
Respectfully, how do you know he's a loser? OR, that he's not the father. We're all waiting for this info. If this young man thinks he MAY be the bio dad to the baby, he has EVERY right to know for certain. What if he fears that someone is a hothead, and may not treat his offspring with patience and love? We know nothing of this man other than his pursuing his right to know.

The testing is being done to establish Margot was HB's daughter. Nothing more. She has her father's last name and until this guy talking badly about HB files a lawsuit and submits his DNA, he needs to stifle.

DNA results could confirm soon if baby found alive belongs to murdered Austin mom

It's their moving for temporary custody of Margo that concerns me.

Actually, I think that's a good thing and not a rubber stamp of NO to custody. We've seen this with the Berreth's that have had temporary custody of their granddaughter for just shy of a year while bio-dad being tried for the murder of child's bio-mom. They're honoring the court process to receive permanent custody.

Some loser? What the hell is wrong with you? On the off chance the baby is his, he deserves his child. You have no idea the inner workings of Heidi, Shane, and this other man's lives. Stop spewing hate. He's a family friend by the way, and he is hurting too. And he was going to get paternity results before Heidi even died because he knew it could be his. SC is not the only person in this huge tragic mess who has lost and suffered. BE KIND.
I think you have to provide MSM links for that type of statement. It's nice to have this thread open so we can catch up on the published facts of the case.

I believe the CPS criteria to be a bit more 'encompassing' than what you describe as only having 'a documented history of abusing or neglecting his children' as being a reason to disqualify someone from custody!

Its not as simple as being a bio-dad, unmarried male, and showing up and signing a statement that you have no history of abusing or neglecting children.

Get real!
And yet, just a few short weeks ago, an unmarried couple left the hospital with a baby, without having a CPS investigation, a home visit, an assessment made of their child care skills, credit and background checks...

I’m glad baby M is getting to go home tonight.

However, my mama heart breaks as I think about how attached my babies were to me and how baby M must miss her sweet mama.

Who’s going to watch her when SC goes back to work? She’s too little for daycare. :’(

I’m glad baby M is getting to go home tonight.

However, my mama heart breaks as I think about how attached my babies were to me and how baby M must miss her sweet mama.

Who’s going to watch her when SC goes back to work? She’s too little for daycare. :’(

Some money has been raised so hopefully he can stay home for a few months

Melanie Barden

@MelanieCBS

#BREAKING: Heidi Broussard’s mother confirms baby Margot is headed home to dad Shane tonight— no longer in CPS custody
@cbsaustin
That poor sweet baby. First with her parents and brother, then psycho lady, then foster home, now back to Dad and family, who she may not even recognize in her short little life. She's a month old now, right? I know she had just turned 2 weeks old when her and her Mom went missing.

My heart just aches for this little baby. Of course, it aches for Heidi and both of their families as well.

Actually, I think that's a good thing and not a rubber stamp of NO to custody. We've seen this with the Berreth's that have had temporary custody of their granddaughter for just shy of a year while bio-dad being tried for the murder of child's bio-mom. They're honoring the court process to receive permanent custody.
Different situation entirely. SC is not sitting in jail. There is no reason for the state to take custody from the father. Happily, it appears they made sure MC is back with her family for Christmas.

Not pointing at any particular post but I am uneasy with general trashing of CPS or saying they are being abusive. They have to follow prescribed legal steps because the child came into their custody through this bizarre awful crime. I see how it seems unfair that a family that wasn’t necessarily on CPS radar before now may face scrutiny. But the hard truth is that the baby did come into their custody and they have to be diligent in how they proceed. It may not be ideal but the alternative of no safeguards is worse.

Fortunately it turned out well.

I've been really uncomfortable with this discussion about paternity (aside from CPS needing to confirm it). The other guy who made the claim should never have broadcast that via the internet, especially when a family is dealing with the terrible trauma of a murder. What kind of person does that? The last thing this family needed was that drama going on. I'm glad it's been laid to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann