MN - George Floyd, 46, unarmed, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of my thoughts, partly based on other posts:

Either Chauvin is “just” an incredibly sadistic cop who killed Floyd because he could...and did not fear repercussions...

OR

Chauvin and Floyd were involved together in some kind of criminal activity (drugs? Counterfeit $?) due to their possible acquaintance through their work at the nightclub. If so, this could well have been murder to silence Floyd (and possibly intimidate the other officers).

We have to ask WHY Chauvin was unafraid to let Floyd’s death be recorded. Did he have someone else higher up in his pocket that he could implicate in exchange for no charges being filed?

I hope there is a thorough investigation of their possible nightclub connection.

JMO

It makes sense to me that DC knew GF from a distance because of the way he descended upon him. He was already restrained in the vehicle, as he also was on the ground. There was no reason for him to hold him down for all to see. What else was DC waiting for? He had him. But he chose to continue the hold. That is the core issue of this, the 8 minutes were a personal reason for DC. He was on such an inflated adrenaline high and gloated in the public dominance. He displayed his ‘power’ to the junior officers and to all those watching. That show ended in ending him. IMO
BBM

I like the way you describe DC's actions went he first came on the scene. Sounds better than "made a bee line toward GF", lol! I can't wait to learn his reason for opening the door and pulling him back out of the car.

Then after the ambulance pulled away, DC strutted back to his car as if it was just another police response. He knows businesses have security cameras and that bystanders were videoing the incident. He didn't seem concerned one bit.

Either Chauvin is “just” an incredibly sadistic cop who killed Floyd because he could...and did not fear repercussions...

OR

Chauvin and Floyd were involved together in some kind of criminal activity (drugs? Counterfeit $?) due to their possible acquaintance through their work at the nightclub. If so, this could well have been murder to silence Floyd (and possibly intimidate the other officers).

We have to ask WHY Chauvin was unafraid to let Floyd’s death be recorded. Did he have someone else higher up in his pocket that he could implicate in exchange for no charges being filed?

I hope there is a thorough investigation of their possible nightclub connection.

JMO

THIS!!! I’m still learning the finer details. I mean, George died, we need to find our why

BBM

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin once worked overlapping security shifts at the same nightclub

Derek Chauvin and Floyd worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club, down the street from Minneapolis' Third Precinct, according to Maya Santamaria, the club's former owner who sold the venue within the last few months.

Floyd, who Santamaria called a "great guy" known for his big smile, often worked as an extra security guard on Tuesdays when the club held popular "urban" music nights.

“I wouldn't characterize them as knowing each other," Santamaria said. "We did all work together at the club at different points of time, certainly on Tuesday nights on and off. We were all working on the same team."

Last edited:
Sociopathic behavior
Fuentes said when he watched the video, Chauvin's behavior told him he is a classic sociopath, exhibiting extreme narcissism

“You have someone who has no regard for anybody else. He has no regard for the subject he's trying to arrest – no regard for the public at large, no regard to the reputation of his fellow officers that are with him at scene, as well as the 800,000 police officers across the country. He doesn't care about anybody except himself,” Fuentes said.

Former FBI assistant director: Derek Chauvin showed ‘sociopathic behavior’ during George Floyd’s death

We

OR

JMO
I don’t see how you can know what Chauvin thought he could get away. Jails are full of folks who thought they could get away with it... At the very least he was intent on causing grievous bodily injury that very well could have and did result in Mr Floyd’s death. Do you know why Chauvin had his left hand in his pocket? I do.

OR

JMO
You have to wonder why Chauvin pulled Floyd back out of the car. Did he do it just so he could kneel on his neck? Did Floyd say something to him that made him think he had to be silenced?

I wondered that too, did any of the witnessing crowd call in more police?
The bystanders did make a start forward, especially the firefighter who identified herself as such to Thao and asked to check his pulse, and both Chauvin and Thao reached for their pepper spray. It can be heard on the video just as the bystanders start to step forward "He's got Mace. He's got Mace." The bystanders backed away then, with good reason. It was after the officers reached for the pepper spray that the firefighter backed away and began begging them several times to check his pulse.
JMO

You have to wonder why Chauvin pulled Floyd back out of the car. Did he do it just so he could kneel on his neck? Did Floyd say something to him that made him think he had to be silenced?

If I recall correctly, it was because Floyd said he was claustrophobic.

I wonder if Mr. Floyd was having a panic attack?

Did anyone hear Floyd say that? Hard to believe a cop who doesn't care if he kills someone would really care if someone was claustrophobic.

I think there may be bodycam about it ... Lane's bodycam.

"Gray said the bodycam footage then shows Floyd sitting on the ground for some time before the cops go to move him to the squad car.

'They take him over to the squad car and he's walking slowly and right before they put him in the squad car he lays back and falls down and he says "I get claustrophobic, I don't want to go in that squad car",' Lane's attorney said.

He then said the officers managed to get Floyd in the car but when Chauvin went round to the other side of the car 'Floyd shoved with his feet out toward where officer Chauvin was and he ended up on the other side of the squad car'.

'I would call it a struggle,' Gray added.

Gray said he believes the release of Lane's bodycam footage would shed new light on the events leading to Floyd's death."

Thomas Lane's lawyer blames George Floyd for staying in car | Daily Mail Online

We

I don’t see how you can know what Chauvin thought he could get away. Jails are full of folks who thought they could get away with it... At the very least he was intent on causing grievous bodily injury that very well could have and did result in Mr Floyd’s death. Do you know why Chauvin had his left hand in his pocket? I do.
His hand isn't in his left pocket. He's wearing black gloves similar to the color of his pants.
You can see the padded knuckles in this pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200609-173434.png
    Screenshot_20200609-173434.png
    544.3 KB · Views: 28
A crime is the reason police were called. A store employee went to GF to ask him to return the cigarettes (source is in the Wiki article I posted) but he refused so the employee called the police. This doesn't justify anything but gave the opportunity for Chauvin to do what he did. State sanctioned murder basically. MOO.

BBM

It has not yet been determined that the bill was counterfeit. There has been no statement from the Secret Service who handles counterfeit money as to whether the bill was actually counterfeit. At this time we only have the word of a teenaged boy who thought it was. I am assuming that teenaged boy is not an expert on counterfeit money.

I have seen people think bills printed in the 60's and 70's are counterfeit because they look very different than today's printed bills.

I personally have 2 one dollar silver certificates that are legal tender but everyone thinks are counterfeit.

1988A Vintage 20 Dollar Bill | Etsy
1922 20 Dollar Bill | Etsy

1935-A $1.00 Silver Certificate CU-67 PPQ (S, Experimental Note) For Sale | 1935 $1 Silver Certificates | APMEX BEP - Bureau of Engraving & Printing

JMO

The building housing El Nuevo Rodeo restaurant and club (along with the only Spanish-speaking radio station in the entire metro area) burnt down around 2:30 Thursday morning during the riots.

Why would the community attack the club (and radio station, a "lifeline of the community") so viciously? That is more than arson. I note her words: "truly a feat".

La Raza Radio relaunches days after burning down

“We lost our music, we lost our programming, we lost our simian [broadcasting software],” Santamaria said. “So to pull this off is truly a feat.”

La Raza, which was established in 2005, can be heard at 95.7 FM, 1400 AM and 1470 AM frequencies throughout the metro area. It operated in the century-old International Order of Odd Fellows building on Lake Street and 27th Avenue South. Its programming includes a mix of news, entertainment, Latin music and culture, with the majority of it being local.

The building also housed El Nuevo Rodeo restaurant and club.

As Minneapolis’ only radio station broadcast completely in Spanish, La Raza in many ways serves as a lifeline to the city’s Latino community. Across the Twin Cities metro, Latinos makeup 180,000 of the population.

bbm

Last edited:
His hand isn't in his left pocket. He's wearing black gloves similar to the color of his pants.
You can see the padded knuckles in this pic.
You know I can see from that pic it does look like he has black gloves on like the other officer in the same picture.
I thought he was trying to be “cute” by putting his hand in his pocket to disguise or hide that he is pressing down on his thigh to increase the pressure on Floyd’s neck. When n fact he is doing it in plain sight. Good catch.

I'm super curious about that too, I figure there was some kind of altercation in the car, and hope there is body cam footage, or a camera in the car that caught it all so we can get a better understanding of the dynamics.

We

I don’t “know” that Chauvin thought he could get away with killing Mr. Floyd, but he knew he was being filmed in front of witnesses and proceeded to kill him for over 9 minutes, a couple of those minutes after Mr Floyd was unresponsive. He didn’t seem bothered by being filmed in front of witnesses. So I’m theorizing that Chauvin didn’t expect there to be repercussions or that killing Mr Floyd was worth whatever consequences for Chauvin there might be.

Which brings me back to either Chauvin is a sadistic psychopath on a power trip or he had reason to silence Mr Floyd to avoid worse consequences. Either way, what needs to be investigated is why Chauvin was so bold. Perhaps getting away with 18 earlier complaints made him feel invincible. But I think the nightclub connection may hold a key to widespread corruption and should be looked at carefully. It happens.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member