Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you feel like Chad was a master manipulator?

He’s an astonishingly poor writer and nothing I’ve read of his was even remotely persuasive. You can see proof of this in the fact that his books never caught on to anyone outside of LDS. And even then, it appears that they only appealed to the New Age/prepper segment that had already self converted to that stuff. If he was even a somewhat decent or persuasive writer, his books would’ve interested a wider audience.

He also only had a “flock” of seven people. So it seems like he attracted folks who were predisposed through gullibility and the desire to lean into fringe, goofy stuff.

If he was skilled at manipulation or even persuasion, he wouldn’t be the nerd prince of misfits.

Maybe he couldn’t manipulate the masses, but it certainly seems he could manipulate those close to him. In a very masterful way by preying on their vulnerabilities. Jmo
From Timeline #1

23 Sept 2011 – Chad claims that Tammy’s deceased grandmother, LC, visited him and told him Tammy needed to stop playing the computer game “Frontierville” and get back to working on genealogy and temple work; Chad typed up the message and gave it to Tammy and her parents to read that day; Sept 23 was LC’s birthday so they took this as a sign she had spoken to him; Chad says in a 2015 blog post that every Sept 23rd he waits for another visit, but so far LC’s been quiet (Chad’s Blog).

Feb 2015 - Chad has a vision of walking a path and hearing a voice say, “Moving to Rexburg will be a tremendous blessing to your children and your grandchildren.” A few weeks after that Chad was eating dinner with his family and said “When we move to Rexburg . . .” He had not brought it up before and “Tammy wasn’t thrilled” but soon Tammy agreed and was looking at real estate in Rexburg (Chad's blog 14- Following the path to . . .Idaho? | cdaybell.com ).

Sorry to be the ignorant cousin. but what does “DBM” mean? It’s not on the WS jargon list.

DBM means "Deleted by Me"

It happens when you need to delete your post, you have to edit it and put something in the post so DBM is used to note it was deleted by the poster.

There is no real delete button. So you have to use that method with DBM. You have 1 hour from posting and then edit feature goes away.

She didn't want to ruin her reputation in my opinion. She probably expected them to tell her who was caring for and hiding the kids (atty/client priv) and when they wouldn't she knew she was dealing with far more that child abandonment!

I thought it was only the man judge who was asked to be removed and immediately did so. I thought I read that he had been the one to to issue the original court order to produce the children, may have had contact with the Woodcocks or their attorney, so possible conflict of interest. I don't remember the woman judge excusing herself. Now Chad has him.

I cannot believe the failure of the police in CV’s murder. It seems clear to me that the man was set up and ambushed. I can’t believe they got away with it. And I can’t believe how hard he fought to get away from her, did so much to protect and care for JJ, Jmo

*Snipped by me.
Agreed. The public is asked if they hear, see, or sense something, to say something. CV said something but wasn't taken seriously. Now, he and his son are dead.

Last edited:
Long-time lurker. I finally made my own account to join this awesome community of Super Sleuths!

Question: Why is it that those who believe in "multiple probations" were always someone noteworthy in their previous lives? I mean....come on....no one ever claims they were:
1) Peasant Girl #3
2) Chamber Pot Emptier
3) Chicken Plucker in the local butcher shop
4) Pig Farmer's Wife

Example...Chad stated in his email to Lori on 1/22/19 (source Justin Lum Fox 10 news) that in her previous "probations" Lori was, among others, wife of James the Just (aka Chad), Joseph's Smith's grandmother, and the wife of the LDS Book of Mormon prophet Moroni.

I guess his prophetic powers failed to discern that in this probation she would become Lori the Looney married to Chad the Bad.

Of course this is all meant tongue in cheek because if I don't eek out a little bit of humor in this twisted tale I will just end up sitting here crying on my keyboard.

At any rate....SLEUTH ON!

Thank you for the welcome!

It appears to me to be exactly that as well. I don’t think it was intentionally disrespectful at all. I think that photo is a result of not taking into consideration the technology of drones.
I was more surprised any remains were not protected somehow. Organic matter can disintegrate when exposed to air.And there would have been dust stirred up at that site. @10Rods can correct me if I'm wrong.
On the other hand, the photographer might not have got there yet, too busy with the hole. The hole would have required intense photography because the fetal shape, by later in the day, had become a large rectangle (CBS photo). It would have had to be photographed every step of the way. But in that later photo, there were also many humps covered by blue tarps.
I don't fault the investigators. They seem to have had a momentary lapse—forgetting intrusive technologies—and they might also have been overwhelmed by the sight of children's remains. The investigators are human after all, and may well have their own children at home. Their job on site must be emotionally difficult and professionally challenging.

PS Could someone please post the overhead photos of the dig site in the Media thread? I can't find them, and they're hard to cite. I also don't know if I'd even be authorized to post in that thread. There was one set earlier in the day, and another photo (from CBS?) with the orange heap blurred out.

Last edited:
When do we all move over to the new thread?

And I thought a moderator said a thread ago that the thread of located and deceased would not be. Rested UNTIL authorities gave an official statement that the two bodies were identified as JJ and Tylee.

There was an entire bookstore of this sort of books here in Alberta, and I seem to remember seeing Daybell's books. Mostly because I found them and the whole genre particularly self oriented pretend pious self-aggrandizement. (just happened to go in once out of pure curiosity. I like bookstores.)

He clearly had a lot more followers than just seven. His books were not written for people outside of LDS. And what in the world makes him a nerd prince of misfits? Up until recently, he was married to a lovely woman with five children. That to you is a nerd prince of misfits?

Hey everyone,

Plunder is not an approved source here, and what is discussed in the nightly youtube chat is not held to the same TOS standard that this WS board discussion is. Please don't bring what is discussed in chat to this thread.

Thanks.

I don't think that's it. If it was, I don't think the neighbor would be telling people 'it was me, it was me.' And if he was, that would negate the need for secrecy, not cause an amended complaint to be filed upholding secrecy.

I just looked at the Idaho rules that spell out what a judge must consider in choosing to seal a search warrant. Risk of harm to another person is one reason, and it may be the reason the judge chose. "Harm" as a legal term encompasses a lot of things - not just necessarily physical harm. However, because the public right to information about court proceedings is also considered an important interest, whatever harm means would have to be judged to be severe enough to outweigh the public's right to know. However, with Chad and Lori both in custody, and Alex deceased, you'd have to wonder who the court would think would be doing the harming at that point.

The other factor that seemed plausible to me is the one that involves jeopardizing the right to a fair trial. Not Chad's trial I'm guessing, but possibly Lori's. People were wondering why Lori's lawyer's car was supposedly seen at her facility the morning the house was being searched. The Idaho rules also say that a hearing will be held before the sealing of a document. However, they say that in the case of a warrant, a judge can choose on his own to seal it temporarily, until the warrant has been returned, and then notify any parties who may have an interest to weigh in on whether the warrant should remain sealed. Given how connected Chad and Lori's cases are, my guess is that Lori has an interest. I think her lawyer asked to see the warrant and probably made the argument that it would jeopardize her right to a fair trial to make whatever is in there public at this time. My guess is that the judge was persuaded by this argument, and that is the reason behind the changing of the "may be harmed" to "will be harmed" by the release of the search warrant.

See Idaho Court Administrative Rule 32, Section (i). Read under number 1) and also under number 2), letters D and E. at this link: I.C.A.R. 32. Records of The Judicial Department - Examination and Copying - Exemption From and Limitations on Disclosure. | Supreme Court

TLDR - inquiring minds will have to wait a while, because Lori.

Yes, and note that none of the lawyers objected to having it remain sealed. MM wanted to be able to see it but he did not request it be unsealed.

I don't think a lawyer can bow out of a case because their client runs out of money. That's why lawyers typically ask for a large retainer fee upfront.

I've seen such cases. That I can think of, two current large fraud cases, the Quiros scam (diverting EB-5 set-asides) and the mind-blowing Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos) case. If a client can't pay you for your services, it seems logical to me you don't have to work for them. Unless it's pro bono work, of course.

I promise you when I started reading this post I thought you were posting a joke message on how to cure my Covid19 lol!! I promise I thought that. I’m losing it over here lol
I think a cocktail like that would burn a person’s lungs, or whatever it came in contact with fumes or physically pretty badly. Jmo

My county health dept had to post a graphic telling people not to mix chemicals. I thought really? Jmo

I confess that I haven't kept up with the details of Chad's cosmology. Is there anything in there about special burial procedures for zombies?
There was something especially egregious done to one of the bodies buried in Chad's backyard, apparently.
Zombie safety precautions from medieval times.
"The bones from Wharram Percy came from at least 10 people between the ages of 2 and 50, according to the new study. Burning patterns from experiments with cadavers suggest that the bodies were set ablaze when the bones still had flesh on them. (A fleshed corpse was thought to be more threatening than a bare skeleton.) The scientists also found cut marks consistent with dismemberment, and chop marks that suggest the skeletons were decapitated after death."

Walking Dead? Medieval Villagers Zombie-Proofed Their Corpses | Live Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member