Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree.
I know we are all anxiously awaiting an arrest or some movement from LE, but wouldn’t we much rather LE get it done right?

Imagine the immense pressure they are under. They know the family and public want this solved already, but to make an arrest before having enough evidence to secure a conviction would be a disaster.

I don’t think we can assume that LE has tunnel vision or is doing a half*** job because it appears to me they are taking their time and doing this the right way. Hopefully, one day soon we will see just how thorough the investigation has been.
Agreed.
Better a long and thorough investigation; and the right perp locked up for the remainder of his days.

LE aren't going to let BM skip off into the sunset.
If there are more involved, or a different perp-- we will hear through a presser.
Doubt that will happen.
Imo.
I keep thinking about BM's assertion that LE had messed up the evidence ("evidence" of a bike ride that LE never mentioned as happening ), and that he'd been cleared.
Of course LE did this to frame him. *Cue sarcasm*
None of which was true.

Excellent post!!

(Cute dog :) )

I don’t think we know for certain about BM, but we do know that he wouldn’t allow his wife to try medical marijuana for her cancer. :eek:

(Wait, what?? Can I please get a quick lowdown on that, if anyone can please give a quick summary in a couple sentences. If not, no worries.)

Last edited:
Good post.

Where does BM rank among other spousal killers when it comes to intelligence? There has been lots of ‘shots’ taken at BM being a really ‘dumb’ guy who so far, has just been lucky.

His emotional intelligence appears to be lacking, but the guy can’t be a complete brick - he appears to have some things going for him with regards to his real estate transactions and business dealings.

Hopefully we find out some day just how ‘dumb’ he is.

MOO
Barry is a virtual idiot savant with concern to disposal of a body:

He has knowledge of remote trails and areas off the beaten path. He has probably driven, hiked, biked, and completed firefighter training in many such places. He has a lot of landscaping equipment, dirt, trees, rocks, tools and excavation machinery. Physically, he is quite strong and capable to drag or carry a body for some time. He is a hunter and knows how to dress and dismember a variety of mammals.

IMO

Agreed.
Better a long and thorough investigation; and the right perp locked up for the remainder of his days.

LE aren't going to let BM skip off into the sunset.
If there are more involved, or a different perp-- we will hear through a presser.
Doubt that will happen.
Imo.
I keep thinking about BM's assertion that LE had messed up the evidence ("evidence" of a bike ride that LE never mentioned as happening ), and that he'd been cleared.
Of course LE did this to frame him. *Cue sarcasm*
None of which was true.
Yes, everyone is out to “get” BM :rolleyes:

I really have tried to look at other possibilities here, but somethings I just can’t overlook. I don’t know why it’s surprising to some that BM could be abusive. First, we hear he is a bully and abusive from a contractor in IN, then someone reports him as controlling in the marriage, AM has found evidence of SM meeting with DV groups, followed by actually hearing BM’s angry phone calls with LS.

I learned years ago where there’s smoke, there’s usually fire. JMO

(Cute dog :) )

(Wait, what?? Can I please get a quick lowdown on that, if anyone can please give a quick summary in a couple sentences. If not, no worries.)
I believe we learned this from AM in one of the PE episodes. Let me see if I can locate it!

ETA: I think it was an interview with a station from Indiana. Anyone else remember?

Good post.

Where does BM rank among other spousal killers when it comes to intelligence? There has been lots of ‘shots’ taken at BM being a really ‘dumb’ guy who so far, has just been lucky.

His emotional intelligence appears to be lacking, but the guy can’t be a complete brick - he appears to have some things going for him with regards to his real estate transactions and business dealings.

Hopefully we find out some day just how ‘dumb’ he is.

MOO
Jumping off your post...

There’s three things we know he is NOT good at:

1. Baseball
2. Rock Landscaping
3. Empathy

While reading this How Firefighter Training Works website earlier today, this jumped out at me and made me worry:

‘In order to survive, firefighters must be able to think critically and clearly and solve problems quickly, under extreme stress.‘

Barry is a virtual idiot savant with concern to disposal of a body:

He has knowledge of remote trails and areas off the beaten path. He has probably driven, hiked, biked, and completed firefighter training in many such places. He has a lot of landscaping equipment, dirt, trees, rocks, tools and excavation machinery. Physically, he is quite strong and capable to drag or carry a body for some time. He is a hunter and knows how to dress and dismember a variety of mammals.

IMO

Do you guys have a “collaboration” of the “data points” for his “known hunting areas”. Tia.

Also, work sites. I know you guys have already talked about all this at length, so sorry, just trying to collect and summarize all the “cumulative data“ as it stands today.

Ps. Oh also, a list of search sites please. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I just hope that we aren’t here three years from now waiting for the one tip that is needed.

As we are into fall, I hope BM has an unHappy Thanksgiving and an unMerry Christmas. Every holiday will never be the same for the girls. I don’t think he really cares.

Sometimes I think BM has regrets..after all there is no one to cook for him, wash his clothes, clean his house and cater to his whims.

Then on the other hand, I don’t think he cares one iota about being alone. Maybe he is quite happy carrying on in life alone. He can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. No one will ever tell him what to do again.

For the time being..but tick, tock..better keep your eyes open and watch every step you make. Someone is watching you.

I recall a while back near the beginning, at a particular point, that I was reminded of dear PaPaw (Michael Chambers) case. (Just now noticed the names Barry and Becca are sorta kinda similar.)
Anyway, I surely hope this case doesn't descend into a black hole like that one did. I hope Suzanne's case will have at least some kind of solid, resolution for her, and her family.

I have thought to myself numerous times over the years, that I wish I were a true, accurate psychic, so then I could volunteer my services for free, to the grieving families in these terribly grim cases.
(I keep hoping that maybe I'll be a late bloomer, in discovering my gift.)

I just really wish I could help!

SPECULATION:

Maybe TN's early involvement with the effort to find SM might have been brief because LE had a discussion with him. Or maybe someone other than LE informed TN of a few significant elements. Or, maybe BM suggested he remove himself from the effort.

MOO

I’ll start. For one, we haven’t uncovered a mistress.
Two.......anyone? :)

ETA: I see MG had a much better response!

I firmly believe there is one, maybe more JMO. He seems to be a man who needs someone to ooh and ahh over him.

If he tried to hide it from Suzanne, hope he was a little better at it than what we have seen this far.

The only thing he's concealed well is her body.

Excellent post!!
It seems to me, if BM was planning this... over time, he might have been asking lots of questions of fellow firemen, like terrain questions, stories involving the remoteness of their location, the difficulties associated with fighting fires, medical evacuations from the mountains, etc. Abandoned mines, etc. I hope LE has grilled his fellow firemen for any sign that he may have been collecting information, asking unusual questions.... although it would most certainly take an astute observer to put this together in hindsight, wait ... 20/20 right?

So at the end of PE tonight they talk about the number 5 again. What is this all about? They refer to satellite imagery, too. Someone clue me in please... sorry if you have previously discussed.

We have all been guessing at the number 5 riddle. Interesting that they said it again and mentioned satellite imagery. I didn’t see the show tonight. But my first thought is possibly the number of cell towers and triangulation.

So at the end of PE tonight they talk about the number 5 again. What is this all about? They refer to satellite imagery, too. Someone clue me in please... sorry if you have previously discussed.

I'm still stuck on that too. Not stuck enough to watch tonight but i'd love to hear if anyone has any hypothesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993