Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that, but, we are taking about a guy who has no problem shedding all sorts of things for financial gain. If that ring is sitting in the house, I think he might believe that some cash is better than no cash.

Unless, one of the girls has it.

Which is probably wishful thinking.

JMVHO.

Not 'Coming Forward' Yet?
... good chance that the most popular person discussed as a possible suspect isn't the only person that knows something. However, the other(s), perhaps coworker(s)/employee(s) of the individual feels guilty of some potential involvement and will not come forward because of fear they will face charges.... So how long will someone hold out from coming forward if they feel they may incriminate themselves...
@CuriousBystander sbm Yes, seems soooo likely that someone knows something. Why the wait or hesitation, that is, assuming he/she/they has been silent and not already given info to LE?

For someone w an arrest warrant outstanding or a crim chg pending, even for a matter unrelated to SM, it may take quid pro quo w LE/prosecutor (e.g. dropping charges, recommending lighter sentence, etc.) to convince them to spill the beans. {{ETA: Not saying any person we've discussed has warrants outstanding or chgs pending.}} Whose radar is this not-yet-identified person w appearing on? County or state other than Chaffee CO?

W SM's disappearance, is CCSO in a position to offer any QPQ? IDK. my2cts
Based on ;) my centuries or millennia ;) of reading true crime books, I've noticed different incentives may prompt different ppl w knowledge to provide info to LE. For many law-abiding persons, being a good citizen (public & self perception) may be sufficient. For a variety of ppl, a $$$ reward may draw them to the police station or may prompt them to make an anonymous call to a CrimeStopper type organization. <---- Acknowledging as broad generalizations which may or may not apply.

Last edited:
MOO BM’s appearance has changed over the last couple of years. I’m guessing somehow BM was utilizing the dark web (probably with help) to buy steroids. One scenario and MOO.
Personally, I doubt it. It’s not in the least bit difficult to obtain steroids in the usual way. A gym rat like Barry would only have to ask around.

Agreed. It was likely insured and he’d do better just claiming the insurance on it.

SusieQ...doubt that could happen for years (insurance claim) but I don't think the ring is a part of the picture anyways.
Not sure of what to make of the picture with the ring which catches everyone's attention, more so than she does. Obviously doesn't appear to be a day to day choice to wear, based on looking at this video at the very end of P/E segment...(marked 25:08) and this had to be a special occasion I would think, hence the video which was recorded for Posterity.

Last edited:
I agree.

I still think motive was very simple.

How dare you want to leave and/or I cant afford for you to leave.

JMO
Yeah, not only do I think the motive was simple, but I don’t think this is complicated.

No dark web, drugs, or some sort of conspiracy. Just a man with a lot to lose financially, or a guy who lost his temper.

Personally, I doubt it. It’s not in the least bit difficult to obtain steroids in the usual way. A gym rat like Barry would only have to ask around.

True.

We put a home gym in several years ago for several reasons. One for me - I could no longer take the roid guys throwing themselves around, yelling like idiots while working out. They didn’t go far for steroids. How about the local high school football player. IMO

MOO BM’s appearance has changed over the last couple of years. I’m guessing somehow BM was utilizing the dark web (probably with help) to buy steroids. One scenario and MOO.

100% agree! He definitely got the look. I showed the Psychiatrist i work with recently and he didn't skip a beat and said steroids.

And then the possible mental health consequences of steroid abuse :
  • paranoid (extreme, unreasonable) jealousy
  • extreme irritability and aggression (“roid rage”)
  • delusions—false beliefs or ideas
  • impaired judgment
  • mania
Source: Anabolic Steroids DrugFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse

It just fits.

And yes, there very likely is a financial component, but I think other factors played in as well... I continue to believe that he got too mad too fast for something he thought she did, said etc.

100% agree! He definitely got the look. I showed the Psychiatrist i work with recently and he didn't skip a beat and said steroids.

And then the possible mental health consequences of steroid abuse :
  • paranoid (extreme, unreasonable) jealousy
  • extreme irritability and aggression (“roid rage”)
  • delusions—false beliefs or ideas
  • impaired judgment
  • mania
Source: Anabolic Steroids DrugFacts | National Institute on Drug Abuse

It just fits.

And yes, there very likely is a financial component, but I think other factors played in as well... I continue to believe that he got too mad too fast for something he thought she did, said etc.

I am not ruling out that he had thought about killing SM for financial reasons, but don't think he planned it for that particular day and that particular time. Yes, there may be some indication that he did (daughters away etc.)... But would he really choose Mother's Day? He would want the disappearance to get the least amount of media coverage possible I would assume. Anything tragic happening on a holiday is more dramatic tends to get more attention, right? Or maybe the Narcissist wanted that media attention? Possible, hard to say... I also think his so-called effort of an alibi is very sloppy and does not appear to have been planned well in advance.

Yeah, not only do I think the motive was simple, but I don’t think this is complicated.

No dark web, drugs, or some sort of conspiracy. Just a man with a lot to lose financially, or a guy who lost his temper.

And sadly, in the end this will likely turn out to be the oldest story in the true crime playbook. One we have watched unfold too many times.

Sweet and unsuspecting woman will have been viciously and senselessly murdered by her partner.

jmo

Giving that my opinion is this was not a random act that caused SM’s disappearance (robbery, home invasion, kidnap away from her home), I believe if she’s found, she’ll be wearing her ring or her normal routine left it at home.

I honestly don’t see a known bad guy really caring about her ring and attempting to get $ for it. It will never be worth what was paid and I don’t think the bad guy needs the money.

IMO

Totally agree. We don't know if the ring is missing or whether it was bling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkitafrombama