Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
it’s hard to imagine how someone can suddenly start and so quickly escalate to murder without some sort of mental breakdown being a factor.

A large percentage of murderers in the UK are not serving time in Broadmoor or other psychiatric high security hospitals. ie-Not mentally ill.

Occasionally we need to reason, in our own minds, how murderers can commit such a terrible crimes as it's so inexplicable. It's difficult to comprehend and it's easy to bring 'mental health' and 'labels' into it.

It's not always the case.

My post is talking in general and not directly about the accused.

JMO

Last edited:
I really wish they would remove the YouTube account, those children aren't even little were they are not going to be fully aware of what's going on. You can see what they look like and what their names are. It's heartbreaking to see them so innocent and it also feels like I'm invading their privacy when I first watched it. They are innocent children and shouldn't be subjected to anything that is related to their father.

Rocking can be due to an overload of stress/anxiety and fear or sensory overload.
The rocking action itself usually serves as a 'self soothing' mechanism. (Usually an unconscious action, regressive, think of being cradled as an infant)
I wouldn't read too much into it or even suggest it's being done on purpose, or as a 'prop' to be used for insanity plea.
I've seen it many times in people who have suffered a loss, for instance.

jmo
Presently, i associate that rocking motion with physical pain, imo.

It’s a big distinction between US and U.K. legal systems. Without going into it in too much detail in U.K. attorneys fall into two categories, solicitors and barristers. Solicitors are legally qualified, licensed and authorised to give legal advice and representation to the public. We are also officers of the court, but we are not called to the bar as a barrister is and so do not usually * have rights of audience to represent and appear for parties in Higher Courts - for criminal law that’s a Crown Court. The accused will have been given access to a solicitor on arrest. That solicitor will have advised him at interview stage and will continue to represent and advise the accused to trial. The solicitor has now “briefed” a barrister to represent accused in OB which is a Crown Court. The Barrister (who is a senior barrister (known as leading counsel) as he is a QC having taken Silk) is likely now to represent him to and appear in his behalf at trial “instructed” by the sol.
*this will depend on whether you have become licensed as a solicitor-advocate, in which case yiu would also have higher rights of audience.

EDITED FOR MORE DETAIL
I’m sorry everyone I have to clarify my own post. I forgot it was the prosecutor who was reported and is silk, he may not have brief yet (will have a sol) as no bail application obvs. I’m so sorry I’m writing this on hoof while doing day job!

I don't know about the Scottish paper but I would put the phrasing in the Mirror article down to a tabloid way of wording.

Yes, maybe. They have used kidnapped in previous articles though, just pondering why the change today.

I can't help but wonder if defendant's wife was fluent in English when they met...
Working abroad I've had relationships with partners who weren't sharing my mother tongue, but the fact we had a language -English- in common allowed us to have deep/complex conversations right from the start. If we didn't have that, it would have been impossible for me to consider the possibility of a serious relationship.

She would have the right to an interpreter if she wanted one when being questioned. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
does this often happen?

I have never heard of families being given new identity’s apart from a few very rare cases like James Bulger

The wife also can’t exactly hide as her face has been plastered all over SM so if she isn’t charged then surely her children will be handed back to her as well?

Off top of my head I can only think of Mary Bell (as well as Jon Venables and Robert Thompson - poor James:(). There’s likely to be more I guess.

I really wish they would remove the YouTube account, those children aren't even little were they are not going to be fully aware of what's going on. You can see what they look like and what their names are. It's heartbreaking to see them so innocent and it also feels like I'm invading their privacy when I first watched it. They are innocent children and shouldn't be subjected to anything that is related to their father.

some of the videos have been removed by user so we may see them all gone shortly

The irony of this is, by mentioning the videos it is making readers,whether members of WS or not ,aware that there are videos of the children to be found.

Regarding the youtube thing, I think it's most likely that the kids just used her email address to set the channel up as they probably don't have their own. The account previously using her name would be because that's the default suggestion if it's the name on her gmail account.

The videos have also all been removed by the account holder (you can still see the thumbnails and names but click them and you'll see that they're unavailable).

I wonder whether the children's videos have been kept up as a request by the children themselves,they are obviously very proud of them. It could also be They are very slowly and gently being questioned by trained experts about any thing they might know about things. They also might not have been fully told about what happened. I imagine their access to social media has been restricted so they do not read about these horrific events.

My heart breaks for those innocent children and the trauma they will suffer.
the videos have been taken down, no?

She would have the right to an interpreter when being questioned. I'm not sure that speculating on her proficiency in English is particularly relevant

I don't doubt she would have the right to an interpreter. Maybe she doesn't even need one.
What I meant is that relationships with women are important there, and choosing a partner whom you can't really have conversations with says something IMO.

She would have the right to an interpreter when being questioned. I'm not sure that speculating on her proficiency in English is particularly relevant

Also, they have been married for several years (can’t recall the source but 15?) and she has had, the looks of it, continuous employment in the UK. She had a LinkedIn account here! I would be amazed if she isn’t entirely fluent. She strikes me as a normal, intelligent woman perfectly capable of speaking fluent English (indeed weren’t some initial eye-witness reports of the family that she was the “chatty” wife!). I think it is safe to say this was to all intents and purposes a very ordinary normal family, one of whom was originally from another country. But that is it - nothing else to really speculate (or rather, nothing until we get official evidence to the contrary).

Part of reserves 3rd battalion princess of wales 2002 for 2 years, as a reserve he would/could have been abroad or round the country for training, worth thinking about, they appear to do weekend training etc, also did someone say he failed a police fitness test?,

Here's the link about the fitness test :) Partway down the page under photo of SE boyfriend.

Met Police officer Wayne Couzens arrives at court to face charges of murder and kidnap | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member