AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found many times in life, in my work, that a message can be most effectively delivered to someone when it is least expected. I feel like the message tonight is have strength, speak up, it is not your fault, tell your story. It wasn’t the message expected, and if one, two, or twenty women needed to hear it, that makes it even more powerful. If Summer’s disappearance can have an unexpected positive impact on SA victims…wow..
JMO

So very well said! Maybe some people don't like this episode since it's not what they expected, but it's a damn important topic for those of us who experienced SA at the hands of an older relative!

I remember the bunk bed...I do not recall it being for Summer and brother.

The bunk bed was in the "first" room - the one entered by the makeshift steps (cinder blocks/scaffolding). The two oldest boys sleep in that room, supposedly. In the basement, there was a mattress on one side where Summer and the youngest boy slept, supposedly. But Summer also slept on the other side of the basement in bed with her parents.

Interviewer asking if Summer is autistic. Answer: no. DW goes on to say:

"She was pretty mean to her brothers. So... if for instance if she seen like, one of them was liking some kind of a toy particularly she would grab it from them and run. Throw it on the floor and break it and she would laugh. She was a handful for her younger brother especially. And my older son, he would never hit her; he was a lot bigger than her but he would never hurt her for nothing."
So has the gag order about discussing the boys been lifted? Or is it more narrow than this? It seems like for a while DW would not mention anything about the boys?

"She was pretty mean to her brothers. So... if for instance if she seen like, one of them was liking some kind of a toy particularly she would grab it from them and run. Throw it on the floor and break it and she would laugh. She was a handful for her younger brother especially. And my older son, he would never hit her; he was a lot bigger than her but he would never hurt her for nothing."

BBM.

Interviewer asking if Summer is autistic. Answer: no.

He should have stopped there. But he doesn't. (I was going to highlight the parts that jumped out at me, but i would have to bold the whole paragraph, so i have). He goes on to subtly disparage her (Summer) for no reason whatsoever (IMO) for almost a paragraph.
Then we have.

" She was a handful for her younger brother especially. And my older son, he would never hit her he was a lot bigger than her but he would never hurt her for nothing."

Now remember i made a point of him (DW) introducing or offering up words without prompt. Well, here we go again introducing inflammatory language (my interpretation and opinion) "hit and hurt her". So what does this mean to him? Here is the kicker. Look what he says after introducing "hit and hurt her". He says "for nothing". <modsnip> I do not like it, at all!

All my opinion of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple new pieces of information I noticed for the timeline …
(From today’s videos)

Now according to DW (the Cher’s) CW states the laundry took an hour…. So when was that exactly?? Before or after planting flowers and the knee brace???

Also 2 more things about the 911 calls….

CM says the first 911 call was at 6:23pm
Mrs Cher confirmed with DW that the 911 call from Candace was at 6:29pm……

So who made the first 911 call ???? DW ??? immediately after he hung up with CW?? Or someone else ??

So has the gag order about discussing the boys been lifted? Or is it more narrow than this? It seems like for a while DW would not mention anything about the boys?

I doubt there is a "gag order" per se; it is standard in family cases to prohibit bio parents & foster parents from discussing the circumstances of removal and updates on the kids. This is to protect the privacy of the kids. I don't think DW mentioning how the kids got along is violative of that, but maybe a social worker or family attorney can correct me. JMO.

ETA: if may have been been easier for CPS to say “gag order” to the parents.

Last edited:

I'm having a difficult time understanding what "for nothing" means. Is it like he would never hurt her for any reason, or does he mean he would never hurt her without a reason?

Regarding the Interview Room with J, I was really pleased to see it. As difficult as it was to watch, it really spelled out the extent of DW's depravity. This was not a youthful mistake, not a 12 year-old having a very wrong moment that he came to regret. No, it was ongoing for many years. I'm even more distressed by DW's constant attempt to excuse his own behavior, and to own what he did. However, even if he turns out to be entirely innocent of what happened to Summer, I don't feel sorry for him at all if he undergoes some suffering for his past actions. Just because it was so long ago (and especially because it was so long ago) he should understand at this point that he was not the victim and needs to stop acting like one. In other words, even if J never does anything legal with what happened to her, I'm glad that DW got called out publicly about his SA in the past. This is all my opinion and even more important if it does finally link up to what happened to Summer, but important to me even if it does not. It's O.K. if when we are searching for one victim we happen to stumble upon another. And coming forward is always the right thing to do and deserves respect. MOO

BBM. Their family friend told the media her three brothers were all older than Summer. I also wonder why the parents allowed her to break her brother's toys.

Family friend says parents, brothers of Summer Wells have had difficult time since her disappearance | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
bbm
From that description in the link by DW ... it sounds more like the kids were running wild and somewhat unsupervised at times ?
Maybe one of the parents remonstrated when Summer would take and even break toys, but then didn't follow up with a punishment, like no electronics for the rest of the day or whatever ?
Some households are more chaotic than others.
Imo.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what "for nothing" means. Is it like he would never hurt her for any reason, or does he mean he would never hurt her without a reason?
It also raises the question that if the one son would never hurt Summer, would one of the other two do so? I think "for nothing" is colloquial for "never hit her for any reason." I've often heard it used that way. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw