Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the WFLA footage, I see the mustang in the driveway. The photo I’ve seen of Gabby’s van after the road trip ended show it in a garage with white walls and the caption states, “Gabby’s van pictured at BL’s parents house in Florida.” (Obviously I paraphrased that caption). I’d find it interesting if that van was parked in their garage but the mustang is parked outside. It would seem like they were hoping to keep it hidden. Does anyone know if they had it parked outside or in the garage? If I only had the ability to put one car in the garage it wouldn’t be a van, it would be the mustang since it’s a convertible.

They had six other guest panelists on with her, but she interrupted everyone and talked over them so most didn't get a word in edgewise. I'm sure everyone is shocked at this.

i thought Joseph Scott Morgan and Sheryl McCollum provided some interesting insights in to how this case might be progressing and what the next steps will be

its on youtube if anyone wants to watch it

ECM stands for Evidence Collection Management.

Thanks good clarification, i thought for a moment it was their Electronic Evidence Management for collecting digital evidence, copying files or removing stuff but thanks

No. Just saying right now, seeing that it could be very difficult and even impossible to win this case against BL in court given that he is likely the only person that can know for certain what happened to Gabby. It probably happened fast and without a lot of physical evidence left. It’s been more than two weeks.
At this point FBI is collecting whatever data they can to form into a case.
You think there is likely a strong evidential case here?
Why don't we let it play out and see?
There is no point in speculating on evidence procured because they have not told us what it is and FBI will not tell us either.

But they have Gabby's remains to the best of our knowledge.
That is the best evidence they could have.
The dead do 'talk'.

I'm circling back to something I posted earlier- on the police body cam video, BL mentions heading up to (Oregon) to do some WWOOFING (which I had to look up). Basically it's free room and board, living on someone's farm, you learn how to do organic farming and they give you a place to stay. I would highly advice LEO to check out WWOOF sites in the southeast. BL could have skipped town, and be on an organic farm trying to just disappear, hoping that this organic farm is less "connected" to social media, mainstream media, etc. so they won't be as familiar with the case. Maybe he altered his appearance and is on a WWOOF farm (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms | WWOOF) JMO

He can try. But I think he's going to find it difficult to "hide" anywhere. Especially in his usual comfort places. The outdoors is big but also full of people recreating. This case has had tremendous reach among that community AND people in that community are fiercely protective of each other. There's a sort of code among outdoor types. You always check out other people while you're out and offer assistance and never just pass someone by if you sense they need help, that sort of thing. He is not going to find ANY sympathy outside the family/friends who are aiding him (caveat-if they are but IMO they ARE or DID).

I don’t think he’s turned himself in but maybe parents came clean abs said he not in the reserve!
I never thought he was !

My gut is saying BL was never in the house unless it was fleeting (no one knew to look for him for quite awhile, so yes, it’s possible he was there). He could have met one of his parents when he arrived in FL and turned over the van for them to drive home. I think he would have been too nervous to stay there any length of time.

Have there been reports that neighbors’ video surveillance picked him up?

I do think his parents have known where he is the entire time.

jmo

They were removed temporarily while the search warrant was being executed. They have been brought back in the house now. (As per WFLA live link)

They are speculating at the link that they could have been brought back in because they've cleared a room for them, or they want to ask them some questions about what they are looking for.
Thanks! Every time I post and come back to the thread, I've missed about 20 posts.

Could one or both parents have gone to Wyoming to help Brian? They could sort Gabby out and tidy up, whilst Brian tries to get an alibi.

I've wondered this for a while as they could share the drive home, which would make it faster.

Or is the crime scene at home relate to them lying to the police repeatedly about Brian's whereabouts and their role in him managing to apparently disappear?
What do you mean by "sort Gabby out"?

Unless he had them convinced of a story where he wasn't involved at all. I'm curious to see the outcome in the following weeks/months of what was said or not said. He could have told them "she wandered off and he hasn't seen her in days," "she fell during a hike and I'm scared a scared little kid so get a lawyer," or "she broke up with me and told me not to follow and now she's missing," etc. Again, I'm really curious to find out what he told them or didn't tell them and hope it's revealed soon.

The fact that the parents went to the lengths to hire their child an attorney but the attorney they hired wasn't some hard core criminal defense attorney from Florida tells me that what he told his parents was that he left her alive. If they believed their son had done her harm or he told them that, I think their choice of attorney would have been much different.

For three years, I read this forum diligently during the Caylee Anthony case. In retrospect, part of the circus that ensued was the defense hired legal interns who took to the message boards and forums such as this one to gauge public opinion and influence the same. A perfect opportunity to conduct a focus group on a grand level, and gave the defense a leg up. It created a lot of conflict among posters, as some of their theories were outlandish and obviously obfuscating. Now where is the ignore button again?

edited to add: most of the behavior described above occurred during the overnight hours when activity on here was low.

I remember that well...

Too little, too late.

I have to agree with you. I totally understand there wasn’t evidence of a crime prior to finding Gabby but the NPPD really dropped the ball by not keeping their eyes on BL last week. They said they were & he was at home when in reality, they didn’t have a clue about his whereabouts. Completely dropped the ball.

ok, what is that about? for their own people? Negotiations? What? I am clueless.
I’m not understanding these possible “negotiations”.
If he is innocent of a crime, then there’s no need to negotiate. If he is guilty of a crime, find him and give him the death penalty. Period. No negotiating with a murderer.

If they really, truly, could not get a search warrant before they found her body, they should amend the VAWA to add a clause that says if one member of an intimate partnership goes missing, LE has probable cause to search their last known residence for information related to the missing person.

You can even say any evidence retrieved can only be used for a possible prosecution related to the missing person.

How many times has this happened now? Though based on the responses in other cases (Morphew, Frazee), it seems like this local LE just didn't act aggressively IMO.

My 27 year old daughter knows I am a Websleuths lifer and said pretty much the same thing.
“There should be an exemption to the law that says the last person to be seen with someone can’t do this!” (Lawyer up so quickly).
Such a sheltered, well-loved life my daughter has lived.
Thank you for saying this.

See video here.:

If you blow up the still image of this it looks to me like someone in a gray hoodie is standing up against the driver side of the van doors. I noticed that on another shot of this same video. It looks like someone covering their head with another tan hoodie under the gray hoodie was on the outer side of the driver window in a hiding position.

I wonder if he is still in the country.

Where else could he be? I don’t see him crossing USAs borders without being noticed by multiple people / cameras, etc.

Even on a normal day, but especially now with Covid restrictions / protocols in place everywhere. At least I assume Canada is still enforcing theirs and I know for a fact you can’t air travel without negative tests or vaccine proof.

Too little, too late.

I think last night as soon as they found her in Wyoming the FBI and US Attorney in WY took over the case, put together the warrants, and flew people out to Florida (along with Florida FBI) to run the show.

We have been hearing lots of excuses from NPPD but I don't think they will have a say in what happens anymore. And I am sure behind the scenes it is tense. Losing the primary suspect is unbelievable. If they confirmed last Tuesday that he was not at the house, they may have proceeded differently right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa