Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed with the back of the van comparison photos, the major difference from the neat and tidy photo for social media and the messy strewn about photo/screenshot from the 8/12 incident is mostly HIS STUFF?? ie. skateboard, backpacks, other miscellaneous items, are now in the van, where they must’ve been left out for the social media photo..maybe this says something about how he felt about the whole #vanlife social media and YouTube blogger stuff..like he saw it as fake, trying to show one thing but really being another, and taking up too much electronics/technology/internet time that he seems to be so against (he seemed to portray a wanna-be hippie living off the grid, naturalist type person), and with his things being “in the way” for the social media posts, perhaps, I feel that it probably drove a wedge between them.
I was thinking something sort of similar, that it would be rough for me to be a prop in someone's months-long, staged-for-instagram trip. NOT that I think that justifies anything that happened, but I think it would strain a relationship when one person is trying to develop into an influencer and the other one is not.

you missed the point, it was always up to those 2 to end the relationship and leave each during that 24 hour “break”. LE had zero control or responsibility over that like others have referred to IMO.
I disagree. LE as a public servant had the moral responsibility to take her in for a mental health evaluation. Now whether that was a legal responsibility is another story—-but certainly a moral responsibility as a public servant. We don’t know what the outcome of a hospital visit would have disclosed about abuse or anxiety, but again I don’t think LE is qualified to make that determination. Don’t misunderstand, I am totally pro-LE and I support our local sheriff 110%, but I do think they dropped the ball on their moral responsibility.

MOO

I have a 22 year old special needs son and have had lots of experience with high functioning kids in his class. I can't say what I am thinking because of the rules here, but I suspect these parents may have been making accommodations for his seemingly lack of concern for his actions for a very long time. Its could be just a way of life for them by now if what I suspect is true.
Yes! Agree completely. When you have experience with these things, you see the signs.

It could be possibly she has more than one living grandfather and has them listed by something like Grandpa Stan and Grandpa Name. If so, then it would depend on how she entered the names in the fields as to how it was displayed when she received calls or texts from him.
Could be but how would a stranger have known which parent to text about it?

I would think if "Stan" was some codeword etc, that Mom would have known that. If Stan was not Grandpa's name, how would she know she was talking about Grandpa?
That's why I think that the text was either Gabby sending a coded message to her mom that she was in danger from him, or him sending her mom a message to make her think that it was from Gabby. Other perps have done that.

It's pretty standard as nationwide protocol; or at least it's what's in textbooks and taught in police academy.

How exactly do folks who want it to be changed, think one would go about getting truth out of a subject in a he-said, she-said situation?

If the officer doesn't identify with Brian, and treats him hostilely as part of the discussion; that makes it worse and has the possibility to make Brian worse.

First people were upset that "Gabby didn't get a chance to talk to a woman alone", then we in fact did find that she was separated and questioned by a female member of the park police; and then people suggest Gabby would have been too intimidated by HER uniform in order to speak honestly.

Interrogators must enter into the language of the interrogatee (? not a word, I probably know). It's standard trust-building behavior, which both sides of the equation are supposed to get (because aggressing towards people who are discovered to have weapons could further endanger both cop AND Gabby if Brian had felt threatened); and which it seems both the male and female half of our arguing couple both in fact got.

This makes tons of sense, and I wonder how people would suggest legislating that we fix this? Clearly the shelter doesn't want the violent person under their roof for CYA, because if the violent person attacks another resident or worker in the shelter, I'm sure there's a lawsuit there.
BBM. There is a difference from being treated hostilely than how that officer treated Brian. Was it necessary to tell Brian about his experience with his toxic ex wife? Was it necessary to laugh when Brian called Gabby crazy.
They should be impersonal and definitely never bring their own personal experiences into that situation. IMO
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So if the officers had listened to the 911 callers claims would those claims been probable cause to arrest BL for DV?

I can't speak unilaterally or for all, but I'm almost positive it's been said that the person making the original 911 call of Brian slapping Gabby, had in fact flown the coop by the time the police showed up.

If that is true, the officers did not in fact 'ignore' it. They noted it in their report. How much weight are they supposed to give to it if the original "maker" of the complaint isn't currently around to be queried? People have lied on "domestics" before to get other people in trouble.

It's pretty standard as nationwide protocol; or at least it's what's in textbooks and taught in police academy.

How exactly do folks who want it to be changed, think one would go about getting truth out of a subject in a he-said, she-said situation?

If the officer doesn't identify with Brian, and treats him hostilely as part of the discussion; that makes it worse and has the possibility to make Brian worse.

First people were upset that "Gabby didn't get a chance to talk to a woman alone", then we in fact did find that she was separated and questioned by a female member of the park police; and then people suggest Gabby would have been too intimidated by HER uniform in order to speak honestly.

Interrogators must enter into the language of the interrogatee (? not a word, I probably know). It's standard trust-building behavior, which both sides of the equation are supposed to get (because aggressing towards people who are discovered to have weapons could further endanger both cop AND Gabby if Brian had felt threatened); and which it seems both the male and female half of our arguing couple both in fact got.

This makes tons of sense, and I wonder how people would suggest legislating that we fix this? Clearly the shelter doesn't want the violent person under their roof for CYA, because if the violent person attacks another resident or worker in the shelter, I'm sure there's a lawsuit there.
But in the end, I do believe the shelter provided the funds for Brian to stay at the hotel which allowed for Gabby to stay with the van, for seperation to take place and without citing anyone.

you missed the point, it was always up to those 2 to end the relationship and leave each during that 24 hour “break”. LE had zero control or responsibility over that like others have referred to IMO.
I disagree. LE as a public servant had the moral responsibility to take her in for a mental health evaluation. Now whether that was a legal responsibility is another story—-but certainly a moral responsibility as a public servant. We don’t know what the outcome of a hospital visit would have disclosed about abuse or anxiety, but again I don’t think LE is qualified to make that determination. Don’t misunderstand, I am totally pro-LE and I support our local sheriff 110%, but I do think they dropped the ball on their moral responsibility.

Can you hide anonymously in the FL keys? I thought they were small communities of mostly wealthy people. Never been there though.
I would say that yes you can. I am from SWFL and was told once by someone who lives in the Keys "This is where people go who want to disappear." The person who said this had originally worked on Wall Street and left and moved to the Keys.

Thanks for this link.

More than the possible bedroom, it was this quote that struck me:

"The Post has acquired property documents that reveal a string of recent home sales by the Laundrie family, as well as photos that take us inside the residence he shares with his parents."

If some of these sales are still pending occupation whilst new owners take possession/ make repairs etc before moving in, they could be used as hiding places for BL. Total speculation on my part.
It's a three bedroom house, maybe Gabby had her own space, that's not unusual for young couples now, in my experience. We don't know how much income Gabby was contributing to the household, or how much stuff she had.

ok maybe BUT.. why make fake text messages? I guess the person that hurt GP could have place them.... Random killer staying with her and texting her mother on several days and have to know how to unlock her phone? Then again BL was seen alone parking the van on the 26th...No Gabby and only one pair of Flip Flops outside.... Just too odd for SODDI. JMO

Yep Brian has dwindling days he can say he wasn't on location.

Let there be lawsuits!!!

Anyone come forward about BL high school years? Personality? Problems? Friends? Me bed to FLA after graduation? Curious about jobs, he saved money for trip and had a fairly new mustang? Where did Gabby work? BL ran home to his mom so eventually will contact her or run home again. JMOO

Some mentions from a People article. Only positive things about the couple. Nothing particularly specific to Brian's personality, etc..

People who knew him growing up are quoted in the article linked below saying he was “nice”, “quiet”, “funny”, ״a good kid”. Basically seems like he was mild-mannered.

Friends of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito speak publicly about their relationship: 'They seem to be pretty in love'

[Edited for wording.]

I know. I was wondering if being buried or partially buried was enough in itself for the coroner to list the cause as homicide, if hypothetically the evidence from or damage to the body as far as manner is inconclusive at that time.

I’m probably not explaining my question well, sorry.

It would certainly at least rule out suicide IMO. Sounds silly, I guess, but it's still evidence no matter how obvious.

ok maybe BUT.. why make fake text messages? I guess the person that hurt GP could have place them.... Random killer staying with her and texting her mother on several days and have to know how to unlock her phone? Then again BL was seen alone parking the van on the 26th...No Gabby and only one pair of Flip Flops outside.... Just too odd for SODDI. JMO
Killers have done that in other cases to make relatives believe that the victim is still alive. Some have forced the victims to even pre-write letters or postcards, or have sent letters and cards to the families pretending to be the victim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members