Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I doubt that anyone would place a bunker on property they didn't own.
But I'm open to hearing why I could be wrong.
I don’t think you’re wrong. I don’t think anyone can be proved wrong until he’s found. Right now it’s anyone’s guess where he is and that’s what I’m doing, guessing.

There hasn't been any sense of urgency from the POI BL parents since they reported him missing. I'm so far behind in my reading but I haven't come across anything close to them appealing to their son to turn himself in to authorities.

So he left his wallet and phone at the house before he left. How do you guys feel about that?

It would have been stupid to take his phone. So I feel like that's the smartest thing he's done so far. Didn't take his wallet? What does that even mean? Left behind all his money, cards and ID? Or he left his wallet behind and took one of his parent's credit cards, or a handful of Visa gift cards and cash? Not the dumbest thing ever if it's the latter. Either, way using his own credit cards would be as dumb as using his own phone while on the run.

No, I just noticed he quoted Chuck consistently throughout his Instagram Bizarre_Design account.
This was taken directly from the Wikipedia account of Chuck Palahniuk. I recognized the quotes immediately. I love to read books.
I don't know what's going through his head but I have some ideas where this may be heading. Not sure how much we are allowed to discuss or speculate so I'll wait.
Chuck Palahniuk - Wikipedia
Interesting.

M

Because they know they’re guilty in all of this too.

That and I think these people generally have some weird behaviours from what I’ve seen in the media. Both the mom and dad have shown absolutely zero emotion or concern for initially Gabby or even their son. If they felt their son was innocent and missing, they’d be out there looking for him, pleading and distressed. They’re out here acting as if he’s somewhere safe and taken care of.

And, since BL looks like he needed some special caretaking, it speaks volumes that they don’t seem concerned at all. Jmo.

I’m very glad that you are still here! I know you don’t know me, but I’m hugging you through this phone right now.
Everything worked out. I became a liaison person between the courts, LE and the mental health community and learned A LOT about the legal system.
Right now, all Brian is facing is a an unauthorized credit card use charge. If he turns himself in, he bonds out and goes home. Running away from home (remember, its not been proven he murdered Gabby) isn't a crime. Having a mental health crisis isn't a crime. He could walk out of the woods , or walk up his parent's driveway tomorrow confident in the knowledge that LE has a long way to go before they prove him guilty of anything other than misdemeanor bank foolishness. Plus, he doesn't have a criminal record that I know of, so he'd probably get probation.
<modsnip> Deals like this are made every day in court.
Hugging you right back!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t stop trying to understand his parents. I am stuck at just giving them the benefit of the doubt that, at this point, they don’t know where he is. I don’t think they stocked up a cabin or campsite
For him and bought him a burned phone. I really don’t. LE would eventually have those records. Here’s one thought I had today -
What if BL came back to florida because he panicked and did as many do, return somewhere familiar and comfortable. Once he was there he had time with his family. Is it possible that time was , in his mind, a goodbye before committing suicide? He does seem like the type that could. He was in a seemingly codependent relationship with GP and at such a young age those feelings can be extremely powerful, even to young adults without mental health problems. (Romeo and Juliet anyone?). I’m not sure he would want to keep living. The other part of me also sees him
As an introvert who likes being away from busy towns so camping in the woods would be possible…for a time. He doesn’t have the resources to resupply easily. That’s the issue. Once he runs out of food/supplies he HAS to go into a town of some kind and he will be recognized anywhere. Ugh. I’m so confused

Would it be fair to assume the feds have a stingray at the reserve? Could that be their intelligence? I just can't believe he hasn't been found.

How many hundreds or thousands of cell phone signals would that stingray need to differentiate between while those hundreds or thousands of LE reps are in the reserve taking selfies and checking their SM accounts? Needle in a haystack? JMOOOO

Well the note on the card is kinda standard issue from what I understand. They knew the swamp. He knew it.
Leave your vehicle overnight in the parking lot and it will be ticketed.
WAIT.
He has a key.
Car is parked outside his house...
he already thinks he's Superman..?

MOO. It seems to me that BL told his parents he needed to get out. Needed to take a walk in the nearby preserves, something he apparently did a lot. Took the Mustang and went. Parking for the preserve, they all knew where that was.

<modsnip - no link> When they saw the car was tagged for parking overnight which was not allowed, they decided to bring the car home rather than getting it towed. The exact dates are not known to us as there is some confusion there. But that’s the gist of it.
Parents were worried. With reason. BL was extremely agitated, I’m sure. And scared. Bad mental state, of course. So the parents likely consulted with the attorney as they had been, and he advised filing an endangered missing persons report. BL was out in the wilderness with parents thinking he might harm or kill self, snd was without wallet or cellphone. And so they did file.

My suspicion is that they were already acting under the advice of their attorney. Do not engage with their family in any way, etc. Just a hunch.

I'm sure but I still think it is bad advice. It's like a cartoon character version of what someone thinks a Serious Attorney should do in the situation (directed at them, not you). Even if your client did something wrong you want to not draw attention to yourself or your client by looking like a monster.

So I posted upstream but again I think he is trying to complete a "play" make a bizarre story come full circle. They loved true crime and podcasts and Charles Palahniuk books of alienation and 'being ALIVE'. They traveled to Blood Mountian in Georgia and a civil war site of an Old Mill according to his IG posts. I think he is headed up that same way and might be doing similar stops. Researching later tonight. Might be heading to south end of Appalachian Trail. Although well traveled those people may not be plugged into the news and it's easy to change appearance and jump off trail at various spots to hide out.

MOO. It seems to me that BL told his parents he needed to get out. Needed to take a walk in the nearby preserves, something he apparently did a lot. Took the Mustang and went. Parking for the preserve, they all knew where that was.

<modsnip - no link> When they saw the car was tagged for parking overnight which was not allowed, they decided to bring the car home rather than getting it towed. The exact dates are not known to us as there is some confusion there. But that’s the gist of it.
Parents were worried. With reason. BL was extremely agitated, I’m sure. And scared. Bad mental state, of course. So the parents likely consulted with the attorney as they had been, and he advised filing an endangered missing persons report. BL was out in the wilderness with parents thinking he might harm or kill self, snd was without wallet or cellphone. And so they did file.
This seems really plausible. And then he snuck off with them none the wiser. Also, as soon as her body was found, his parents probably had a huge wake up call about their son. I’m can’t imagine

That and I think these people generally have some weird behaviours from what I’ve seen in the media. Both the mom and dad have shown absolutely zero emotion or concern for initially Gabby or even their son. If they felt their son was innocent and missing, they’d be out there looking for him, pleading and distressed. They’re out here acting as if he’s somewhere safe and taken care of.

And, since BL looks like he needed some special caretaking, it speaks volumes that they don’t seem concerned at all. Jmo.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I just chalked it up to that he said he was going to the reserve so they already know everybody is looking for him.

I tried to commit suicide twice...in public. If you're terrified enough, location is of no importance. Its the end of hope and the beginning of a leap into the unknown. This is not usually done when you're lawyered up and have family support. There are many reasons why BL could walk away from this entire matter with misdemeanors and probation. To be honest, I have no idea why he and his parents have chosen to blow the entire matter out of proportion. The best way ahead would have been to lawyer up, cooperate with LE, deal with whatever proof against him was raised and fight it out in court.
As it stands now, regardless of the tsunami of anti-Brian sentiment, he is, by law, an innocent man. His major problem is bad legal advice, because every moment he waits to turn himself in, he adds to the concept of consciousness of guilt unnecessarily and is chiseling away at his own case.
I have been a liaison between LE and the mental health community and have seen many unexpected deals made.

I’m happy that you’re here.❤️

I think hopelessness is a good word for what BL may be feeling. I think he took a few steps to a point of no return. He was reckless, imo. (I believe he murdered her, took her van, used her bank cards, lied to his parents or omitted the truth.) He self-destructed, imo.

But I hope he’s alive.

Right now, all Brian is facing is a an unauthorized credit card use charge. If he turns himself in, he bonds out and goes home.

The feds filed for detention upon capture because he’s a flight risk and because they believe he will further obstruct justice, so if they capture him, he’s in jail pending trial.
DocumentCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member