Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody searched the commercial airline schedules to see what flight BL might’ve taken, if he did head home in the middle of their trip? I’m thinking he might’ve wanted to fly budget using Frontier Airlines or Spirit. Was there an actual route that matches up with those dates? Also, if the Utah police stop lead to a desire to head back home, it might make sense that it would take five more days to find a ticket with a reasonable price.

I was thinking about this too! That trip is an important “fact finding” that has yet to be fully clarified JMO. Great thoughts on this!

It's very irritating. IMO it's the MSM sensationalism, it's almost like you have to be very discerning to cipher through stuff yourself, and see it if makes sense.
There is a 6 year old missing in Hawaii for several weeks now. Why is this not news?

I know last night when the thread closed as soon as I logged in, I began searching through and spent a good portion of the night looking at so many cases, it's staggering. We all know the world is a scary place, but this quantifies and chronicles it, unlike any other place I've seen.

Hell WFLA ought to sponsor WS since it's bringing them nationwide and worldwide viewers in this synergistic relationship.

Does that kind of stuff bother anybody else, it kind of irks me a bit? and seems strange . I get editing but in cases like this make the complete interview available and let that be the final record. Do like those recreation shows do, run a disclaimer this has been edited for time and content, for example.

Its semi like those reality TV shows where they just ask questions and get quotes and piece together a 'compelling" conversation that never happened...

I agree! I did see a post last night with the full interview. Can’t remember what media outlet it came from…

"Down in Florida, during the summer and wet time, a body can start to skeletonize in less than five to seven days," said Chris Boyer, executive director of the non-profit National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR). "And with predators, you can lose a lot of evidence that way."

Fox told CNN the tropical conditions "are among the harshest on forensic evidence."
"The odds of finding it get slimmer every day, so time is obviously really of the essence," she said.

The Brian Laundrie search is complicated by time and environmental factors, experts say - CNN

It is entirely possible BL killed him self shortly after he left. I agree that if he did that, finding his body would be just about impossible. Little Caylee Anthony’s body was found not far from family home , not by LE. A contractor found a missing person’s body in our area just 100 or so yards from an event occurred after LE allegedly scoured the area. Even when searching close to a scene, bodies often not found.

That reserve is no easy search scene.

It's my understanding that the bank can press charges for unauthorized use of his parent's bank accounts, even if they handed the card and PIN to him. Especially if the FBI asks them to....

<modsnip>
….the warrant is based on 18 USC 1029(a)(2): use (or traffic, but here it's use) of an "unauthorized access device" "knowingly and with intent to defraud" (within a year time frame and for $1000 or more). So it requires the 1) knowing 2) use by a person of 3) an access device 4) that is unauthorized and 5) that the use was done with an intent to defraud.

"Access device" is defined in the statute as, among other things, "any card, [...] code, account number, [...]personal identification number, [...] or other means of account access that can be used to obtain money, goods, services, or any other thing of value, or that can be used to initiate a transfer of funds." 18 USC 1029(e)(1).

"Unauthorized access device" means any access device (defined above) that is "lost, stolen, expired, revoked, canceled, or obtained with intent to defraud." 18 USC 1029 (e)(3).

A plain language reading: A debit card, PIN, etc. that is NOT stolen, lost, expired, revoked, canceled or obtained with intent to defraud is NOT within the scope of the cited statutory provision.

In other words, this is the basis of the indictment/warrant because the access device he is alleged to have used was stolen, lost, revoked, canceled or obtained with intent to defraud.

AKA, not given to him by his parents to use.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes me wonder, are they searching for Brian or for evidence that can deteriorate/disappear (both)?

For our long time sluethers, have we seen a situation like this with such a large LE presence looking for a missing person, even a murder (not a mass murder, but a person accused of murdering someone they knew)?

All MOO.

I've only seen searches of this magnitude and with these resources in terrorism.
Bodies do decompose.
Haversacks last longer.

Might as well bite the bullet now and sit back and wait..
FBI will let us know when they are well and truly ready.

@wpbf_jossie

In an updated & marked edited “with additional quotes”
@GMA
interview exchange w/ #CassieLaundrie, #BrianLaundrie’s sister, the reporter is heard asking the full Q before Cassie answers: “As his sister what’s the oddest thing about all of this if you had to …” Her answer
https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1444279625031593985?s=20

Yeah, well...there's the microphone and the opportunity. Nothing.
No - OK! Hey Brian, turn yourself in! You've only got one credit card charge. Its not the end of the world! Nothing.
What's wrong with these people?

It's kind of odd that neither Gabby's mother or Cassie could talk about Brian and the flight. It's as though both had been told by LE not to mention it.

I have to wonder if that's because he never flew anywhere but he and Gabby came up with a scenario so her dad would put her (them) up in a hotel for a few days.
If the "storage" story was baloney, the reason for him flying home may be a medical issue, as some have suggested. That may be evidence of the lie, but also can't be discussed because of privacy??? jmo

I was thinking about this too! That trip is an important “fact finding” that has yet to be fully clarified JMO. Great thoughts on this!

Looking at the timeline, the last known stop was Arches around the 12th Aug. Salt Lake City is 3 1/2 hours to the north from there. The supposed flight dates are August 17, Tuesday and returning August 23, on Monday. I looked up flights on Expedia and Delta/KLM seems to be the only airline doing Tuesday to Monday flights from Salt Lake City to Venice Florida. Should I look up a different city in Florida? Which airport would have been his and/or cheapest?

Thankfully in this case the full, unedited transcript of the interview is still available.
Also, this might be considered interesting.

Sorry if this has been posted before. It really is hard to keep up. :)

Snipped Quote: According to the attorney, one of those meet-ups was on Sept. 6 at Fort De Soto Park, where records show Brian and his parents had camped. The other day was Sept. 1, around the time Laundrie returned from a cross-country trip without his fiancée Gabby Petito. Bertolino adds that law enforcement agencies are well aware of the dates.
Brian Laundrie's met with his sister twice before going missing | wtsp.com

It's very irritating. IMO it's the MSM sensationalism, it's almost like you have to be very discerning to cipher through stuff yourself, and see it if makes sense.
There is a 6 year old missing in Hawaii for several weeks now. Why is this not news?

It isn't news for one or more of the same reasons that none or few of the other hundreds of thousands of currently missing people aren't news right now.

Looking at the timeline, the last known stop was Arches around the 12th Aug. Salt Lake City is 3 1/2 hours to the north from there. The supposed flight dates are August 17, Tuesday and returning August 23, on Monday. I looked up flights on Expedia and Delta/KLM seems to be the only airline doing Tuesday to Monday flights from Salt Lake City to Venice Florida. Should I look up a different city in Florida? Which airport would have been his and/or cheapest?

The closest airport to North Port would be Sarasota Bradenton International Airport. The second closest would be Orlando International Airport.

Hi folks! I haven’t posted in ages and I’m sure this has been discussed, but my thought from the beginning when his family said he went to the reserve: he is long gone. He is probably out of the country by now.

One option: years ago we sailed around the waters of Florida and the Caribbean for about a year. One could easily get out of the country on a boat down that way.

Regardless, I do not believe he is anywhere near that reserve.

It's possible I like what somebody mentions about Andrew Cunnanan, he could be on a boat tied up anywhere. Especially if it's one that's been there a while. If he is still alive, he is hunkered down but I bet he has 3-4 spots he can move quickly too.

Also when BL flew home without the van, how did he get to the airport? The airports all have vast security camera coverage. The FBI must have this info.

Im sure LE has all the flight info and verifications about that flight BL took to FL and back in August. Gabby likely drove him to the airport or accompanied him as he drove, and she then likely drove back to the nearby airport Springfield Hotel where she stayed. Or BL just drove to airport himself and left the car in one of the parking lots, something I doubt because of charges. But all of this, BL’s flight, those times and dates, Gabby’s stay at the hotel are easily verified by LE.

I’m really curious what was so urgent that BL had to interrupt the trip and incur the expense to go back to Florida.

Yes definitely, since BL’s parents had no problem going an hour to meet the lawyer, my “assumption” is they may use that airport as their home base airport. Also, What if he took a connecting flight through Dallas or OKC? I know I’ve taken a connecting flight from Utah to Dallas to FL. Sometimes you can get next day flights on cheapfights but they are all connecting flights, not direct, and they are cheaper than direct flight IMO.

You post about the Color Purple was very powerful . . . .
Thank you. For the life of me, I've never seen two people more at polar opposite than these two. The Healer and he who refuses to be healed, because he's reigning in the hell of reclusion he's created to survive. She saw it as heart sickness. <modsnip>
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members