Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my understanding that the bank can press charges for unauthorized use of his parent's bank accounts, even if they handed the card and PIN to him. Especially if the FBI asks them to....

^— This. How many people routinely use the debit card and PIN of a friend, spouse, or parent with permission? While the cardholder may have given permission, the bank does not authorize it. Technically could that possibly be a felony that is being recorded at the ATM security camera? No one presses charges though unless there is a major fraud or crime issue.

(Edit By Me: Posed as question and not fact.)

Last edited:
Im sure LE has all the flight info and verifications about that flight BL took to FL and back in August. Gabby likely drove him to the airport or accompanied him as he drove, and she then likely drove back to the nearby airport Springfield Hotel where she stayed. Or BL just drove to airport himself and left the car in one of the parking lots, something I doubt because of charges. But all of this, BL’s flight, those times and dates, Gabby’s stay at the hotel are easily verified by LE.

I’m really curious what was so urgent that BL had to interrupt the trip and incur the expense to go back to Florida.
And how costly that hiatus was. Who paid for it? jmo

Im sure LE has all the flight info and verifications about that flight BL took to FL and back in August. Gabby likely drove him to the airport or accompanied him as he drove, and she then likely drove back to the nearby airport Springfield Hotel where she stayed. Or BL just drove to airport himself and left the car in one of the parking lots, something I doubt because of charges. But all of this, BL’s flight, those times and dates, Gabby’s stay at the hotel are easily verified by LE.

I’m really curious what was so urgent that BL had to interrupt the trip and incur the expense to go back to Florida.

Me too, it seems so out of place and I don't like him just leaving her by herself for such a long period.... weird IMHO

Granted this is not in his typical wheelhouse. But, IMO, this is why he is not thinking this way. He's not "wired" to think this way. As I understand it, he's wired to track, and started I believe (MOO), with bail jumpers. And, he's apparently very good at it.

But, he should be cognizant of potential evidence in an ongoing homicide investigation. MOO JMO And I know I didn't say unauthorized access device. That was intentional. Because IMOO, the outstanding warrant (and indictment), and the homicide investigation are inherently and intrinsically connected. MOO
Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie on bank fraud charges
Bounty Hunters will hunt any person with an outstanding warrant, if a reward is offered.

I was quite surprised when I received my first visit from a BH. He was looking for a former temporary employee for skipping out on a car loan and the finance company was offering a reward. I was very intrigued with his "tales" of those he hunted and captured, and very surprised most were not bail jumpers. Apparently there is big business in hunting "those" that fail to pay child support. He basically said, I hunt anybody that has a warrant, for a fee.

Moo....Bounty Hunters hunt people, they are good at finding them. They find leads others wouldn't. I would never have spoken to LE without contacting my legal dept but this friendly, super nice BH quickly build a connection with me, and the next thing ya know, I'm spilling my guts to him, as he assures me "no one will ever know".

Moo....

Brian Entin on Twitter (Video)
Why hasn’t Brian Laundrie been charged with a more serious crime? “I think it’s coming.” – Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg says. He also explains why the full autopsy report hasn’t been released. And what would it take for Brian’s parents to be charged?
9:33 AM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter Media Studio

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1444285782345277447

Maybe CL hasn’t been able to talk to BL since the campground, when the escape plan was hatched. Maybe her parents told her that in order for him to hide successfully he had to cut contact with everyone.
BL is hiding, but maybe he’s somehow communicating with his parents indirectly. I 100% believe they know where he is. CL may not know, and I don’t believe she is able to speak to him right now, but I believe she knows he is okay and maybe that’s all her parents are telling her.

^— This. How many people routinely use the debit card and PIN of a friend, spouse, or parent with permission? While the cardholder may have given permission, the bank does not authorize it. Technically that’s a felony that is being record at the ATM security camera. No one presses charges though unless there is a major fraud or crime issue.
It’s common in a caregiver situation for sure. Like when I had my bone marrow transplant. My kids were shopping and filling my vehicle’s gas tank. They used my debit card with my permission.

I was surprised when the federal warrant came out for bank card use. It struck me as, are they desperate to find something to pin on him? Looking for a reason to hold him? Justifying what has to be a million dollar plus search for him?

It’s amazing how easy would it be to implode someone’s life just by claiming they used your debit card. These 2 weren’t married but in a long term relationship. It wouldn’t seem odd to me to use each other’s debit card on occasion. But hey, if this is what it takes to find this asshat, I’m all for it!!

Last edited:
Brian Entin on Twitter (Video)
Why hasn’t Brian Laundrie been charged with a more serious crime? “I think it’s coming.” – Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg says. He also explains why the full autopsy report hasn’t been released. And what would it take for Brian’s parents to be charged?
9:33 AM · Oct 2, 2021·Twitter Media Studio
He hasn't been charged with a more serious crime b/c they can hold him with the other charges. This buys the prosecution extra time on processing the forensics, getting the case airtight, etc. Shrewd move.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Can you please advise specifically where it states he used Gabby's credit card? Please post a link. I do not believe this has been reported either by LE or MSM, and is therefore an assumption.

I understand as part of the TOS here if something isn't fact it has to be clarified that it's only you're opinion that you're posting.

Gabby Petito: Fiancé Brian Laundrie charged with using her bank card, arrest warrant issued

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie for 'unauthorized use' of credit cards related to Gabby Petito case

Federal arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito investigation

Now, granted the arrest warrant does not specify outright that the owner of the card/accounts was Gabby, however it asserts the unauthorized use is "related to Mr. Laundrie's activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito."

If his alleged crime was completely unrelated to Gabby, why is her name bought into it at all on the arrest warrant? Why are the dates so crucial here? Because she deceased and therefore could not give permission for the use.

According to the FBI arrest warrant, the investigation of GP's homicide, the possibility of BL's involvement in that homicide, and the indictment of BL for bank card fraud are seemingly inextricably linked.

JMO, but I think it's pretty obvious it was Gabby's accounts BL stole from.

Link to the pertinent documents:

https://www.scribd.com/document/527171224/Federal-Warrant

It's possible I like what somebody mentions about Andrew Cunnanan, he could be on a boat tied up anywhere. Especially if it's one that's been there a while. If he is still alive, he is hunkered down but I bet he has 3-4 spots he can move quickly too.

I have the feeling if BL is still alive, then he's static somewhere. I think the risks are far too great for him to be moving from place to place, location to location.

So many are on the lookout for him it would be absolutely foolish for him to be mobile whilst the hunt is so active and at the forefront of everyone's minds right now.

I think he's laying low somewhere with a stash of supplies.

It'll be interesting to see how things transpire when said supplies run out!

The Laundrie lawyer is primarily a Real Estate Lawyer. This could maybe open up some opportunities for places to hide..

MOO

It’s common in a caregiver situation for sure. Like when I had my bone marrow transplant. My kids were shopping and filing my vehicle’s gas tank. They used my debit card with my permission.

I was surprised when the federal warrant came out for bank card use. It struck me as, are they desperate to find something to pin on him? Looking for a reason to hold him? Justifying what has to be a million dollar plus search for him?

It’s amazing how easy would it be to implode someone’s life just by claiming they used your debit card. These 2 weren’t married but in a long term relationship. It wouldn’t seem odd to me to use each other’s debit card on occasion. But hey, if this is what it takes to find this asshat, I’m all for it!!
Even if he had permission for the whole trip to use the card, he did not have permission after her death. jmo

Could this work? Is it possible to set up a new email address somehow that would be hard to trace? Then maybe a family member could do the same thing.... Then find somewhere that he could blend in, with an internet cafe, or a library, and email back and forth from there. Just an idea.

Last edited:
OCT 2, 2021
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dog the Bounty Hunter says keep tips coming in case that's touched millions | Fox News
[...]

They’re working long days – from sun-up to sundown – sniffing out tips, fact-checking rumors and physically in the field with volunteer search teams looking for clues of Laundrie’s movements. Earlier this week, Chapman and a private K-9 unit searched a pair of islands off of Fort De Soto, where Laundrie may have hidden out.

[...]

Despite the hoopla surrounding the case – Chapman has a long record of successful captures. And he says he holds the record of most arrests with 8,000.

With help from secret sources and tips from the public, the bounty hunter turned up two key leads that led to major developments in the case.

[...]

Chapman has said he aims to capture Laundrie alive – but he’s also in touch with the FBI.

And he’s asking for the public to continue sharing any possible leads in the case, which have been helpful so far.

"Please everyone keep your eyes open, and thank you for providing all the leads we’re getting," he said Saturday morning. "Aloha."

[...]

The closest airport to North Port would be Sarasota Bradenton International Airport. The second closest would be Orlando International Airport.
Orlando is DEFINITELY not the second closest airport.
Punta Gorda Airport would be closer than Sarasota.
WE also have the little Venice Municipal airport (small planes only, not really a commercial airport)
Fort Myers and Tampa are also large airports still closer than Orlando. Your flight has to be hella cheap to want to drive 3 hours to fly out of Orlando from North Port.

Think about it. Not one family member has begged this guy to turn himself in. It has nothing to do with their involvement with anything other than being terrified he's in danger. Nothing. They could still maintain their right to remain silent on matters concerning their possible involvement, but at least use the media to reason with their son. Absent that simple gesture of humanity, who cannot but think some kind of pervading disfunction factors into the entire situation.
They have a missing, endangered adult child, with an enormous bounty affixed to him. That IS dangerous. In fact MORE dangerous than the possible penalty for the crime he's currently charged with. The media is begging for them to use the opportunity to speak. Nothing.
Brian needs their help and they're opting for self-defense.
MOO

Could this work? Is it possible to set up a new email address somehow that would be hard to trace? Then maybe a family member could the same thing.... Then find somewhere remote with an internet cafe, or a library, and email back and forth from there. Just an idea.

The email could still be traced. I read another case where people saved draft emails to communicate. As the emails were never actually sent, they were not traced.

I believe the amounts were taken from Gabby or others’ accounts to run from Grand Tetons to Florida. The federal warrants have dates in them and they can be matched to that time. MOO, the money was taken from Gabby’s account because BL had been customarily and regularly using that account as joint/his. It is believable that they both were putting funds into that account. Not an unusual situation for a couple, though not one I’d advise. I don’t think BL knew the ramifications that Gabby’s death had on his legal access to those funds. It’s a mistake often made when someone dies, and someone with allowed access to an account doesn’t know that said access has legally ended. Happened to my cousin.

Is it off topic to wonder why a 24 year-old man doesn’t seem to own anything? Not his car, not his bank account (presumably not even funds or things owned in joint tenancy), not a place to live….just nothing at all that anyone has turned up. I’m not getting at mental health here but rather at whether there might be desire or choice to avoid ownership (yet somehow not be above using things other people own… but that might be a whole different topic.)

Could this work? Is it possible to set up a new email address somehow that would be hard to trace? Then maybe a family member could the same thing.... Then find somewhere remote with an internet cafe, or a library, and email back and forth from there. Just an idea.

The email could still be traced. I read another case where people saved draft emails to communicate. As the emails were never actually sent, they were not traced.
Orlando is DEFINITELY not the second closest airport.
Punta Gorda Airport would be closer than Sarasota.
WE also have the little Venice Municipal airport (small planes only, not really a commercial airport)
Fort Myers and Tampa are also large airports still closer than Orlando. Your flight has to be hella cheap to want to drive 3 hours to fly out of Orlando from North Port.

Orlando interstate I-4 traffic is hell, especially during rush hour, when the theme parks close, high recreation times and when it is raining. E.g almost always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase