Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. Or maybe the laws have changed since I last did it a few years ago. Too bad about the surprise but I am sure he was still pretty happy.
I’m coming in on the tail in of yalls conversation, but I wanted to add that anytime I’ve ever made a deposit or had anyone make a deposit for me & used a deposit slip from a check book to do it, there has never been any question at all. Now that’s thru the drive thru. Every time I do anything inside the bank, they ask for my debit card. But like I said, thru the drive thru using a checkbook deposit slip, no questions asked.

To contribute to the dialog about BL flying back home.

They had a significant physical, frightening, altercation. One that drew police attention, the public's attention. One that forced Brian to either accept accountability of his actions even though he may not have been blamed by the police. He certainly blamed Gabby. He may have been resentful of the negative attention it brought toward him. All the possible things that could have happened. They both might have been sent to jail or perhaps him. Now, instead of cooling off he is brewing within himself.

Perhaps He reaches out to his parents, perhaps calls his sister. Perhaps they suggest he comes home to cool down. Perhaps <modsnip> they offer for him to come home and they can discuss things, <modsnip>, and go back and work things out with Gabby.

He might have wanted to make sure the things he wanted or Gabby wanted were taken out of storage. Or he was ready to move on when they arrived home. One way that the parents may reconcile their actions is to taken into consideration conditions that they believed were out of of Brian's control . That he was dealing with his situation the best he can. The <modsnip> visit would help temporarily.

<modsnip>. Giving Brian the break he needed was their way to help him. They had no idea that he would do what he did.

Then, suddenly, He must have spoken to them to expect him home. Mom changed reservations before he arrived home. They knew or assumed he did something or separated from Gabby, <modsnip>

For me this kind of response and point of view from the parents makes more sense that accounts for the motivation of their behavior. They don't seem to be victims of their sons over-the-top behavior and never responded in a public display of frustration but from a perspective of knowledge of their son and knew how to respond accordingly.

Perhaps, to them, It was not BL that did what he was accused of. <modsnip> Only they understood and will hold firm until the right time has come.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole flying home (spending money on an airline ticket) tale just doesn't add up at all. I'm not sure what good it does for an alibi but something is way off about that reported trip.
This is puzzling. Why spend all that money just to save a couple hundered max on a storage unit for another month.
Maybe another reason we don't know about why BL went home.
I don't buy the "He and Gabby needed a break" theory personally, Just for him to go back a few days later is odd.
MOO

I have mixed emotions about CL, because there have been some discrepancies in her stories. However, I give her credit for coming out to speak up and try to rectify those.

Whether she knows more or knows nothing, though, IMO she shouldn't be judged on her parents' actions. She's a married mother who doesn't live with her parents and she's the only Laundrie to speak well of Gabby.

If she's lying it will come out, and if she's telling the truth, my heart goes out to her husband and kids as well. They didn't ask for any of this. JMO.
I got the feeling from last night Q&A that we were all watching together on here and from clips on Banfield from today's ABC interview (which I have not seen in full) that she knows more and she is cooperating with the FBI. MOO

Last edited:
There is nothing in evidence from LE statements or media stories that CL or the parents have done anything wrong or broken any laws. There is much *speculation* of family being involved, either before or after the fact, posted in these threads, but none has linked to a legitimate source to back any of these claims.

WS is an evidence based discussion forum. WS is also a victim friendly forum. Thus far, LE has not accused any of them of any kind of crime. GP's family and BL's family are all, at this time, victims of alleged crimes by BL. They are not named suspects or POI's in this crime.

The only POI officially attached to this crime is BL. Not his family. Not his sister. Not his BIL's family.

IMO, the accusations and bashing of non-POI's and designated victims needs to stop until LE names them as suspects or POI's.

JMO
Whenever there is a probable nexus between the suspect and those he has contact with and are closest too, I think speculation is fair.

His parents chose to involve themselves by lawyering up. He returns home in her van without her. No matter what excuse is given, a reasonable person would want to know more.

We are trying to get justice for Gabby. As far as I'm concerned anyone who takes any action to prevent that is fair game.

Anyone uncomfortable with the open discussion here is free to express that but none of us can define for others how they view the players in this case.

By controlling the narrative, justice may be inhibited.

#JusticeforGabby

MOO

Where in Florida? IF SO it can be 77 degrees at either AM or PM
Wabasso FL. Someone should pull up the weather forecast on August 13 from all hours of the day to confirm whether it was the AM or PM

The whole flying home (spending money on an airline ticket) tale just doesn't add up at all. I'm not sure what good it does for an alibi but something is way off about that reported trip.
For me it’s the fact that it takes 5 non-travel days to clear a storage locker? (7 days total including travel days)?

There's a middle ground here, a rational place where we can view their actions as appalling, but one in which we recognize that a crime has yet to be proven.

Should they have reported Gabby missing when she didn't return home with Brian?

Should they have returned phone calls and texts from a frantic family, people panicking about the whereabouts of their daughter?

Should they have fully cooperated, and told law enforcement everything they know?

Should they have reported Brian missing in a timely fashion?

Should they have given accurate information as to when they last saw Brian?

They did none of these things, and there is a very natural set of questions that arise when you look at this pattern of behavior.

Are they hiding something? If so, what are they hiding?

Personally, I'm convinced something is up here. Is it criminal? Maybe not.

But what they did to Gabby's family is grotesque.

To add to that list:

Should they have called 911 on DTBH? If their son was missing, wouldn't they want as many people as possible searching?

Shouldn't they be out helping find him rather than gardening?

@PommyMommy @Jurisprudence there is actually a redacted police report that has the date of the ticketed mustang as 9/14. Let me try to find it in the threads

ETA:

Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

One redacted report — incident No. 21-053269, at 2:42 p.m. dated Sept. 14 — is filed as an abandoned vehicle report at the address of 6968 Reisterstown Road, in North Port, where the Mustang was left.
Thanks! So the earliest picture we have with the Mustang gone is from 6 am on the 13th and it was already ticketed (or requested to move) by the 14th.
Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

I'm sure he would want nearly anyone over you :), but while I think he is guilty I am not completely convinced of it, beyond a shadow of a doubt, by the evidence we have seen. Sure, it all looks suspicious and it will probably get him convicted even if their evidence tying him to the murder scene is sketchy. But my discussion of why he would fly home to clear out a storage building has nothing to do with the actual case. Its about what vanlife actually is. I think the long trip to Portland was to test out if it was something they really wanted to do. And, despite the opinion of so many on here that the trip was a hellish nightmare for GP, I believe they may have been having a grand old time up to that point and had decided to make the trip into a real Vanlife adventure where they lived that way year round. But then, for whatever reason, it really spiraled into the hellish nightmare.
LOL, I know you're right on that @Hyway! Lol. Thanks for the laugh!

Wow! I am done with Cassie. And Bortolino sure likes throwing her under the bus.
https://twitter.com/JossieCarbonare/status/1445442775156240384?s=20

UPDATE: To be clear about this earlier post - according to #BrianLaundrie’s family attorney, Roberta and Chris Laundrie (Brian’s parents) have been speaking with #CassieLaundrie but “they are just not discussing this case”.

Above that post, a screenshot from the attorney says, “I’ve advised all of my clients in this case not to talk to anyone & that includes Cassie.”
https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1445357441647005696?s=21
I am to the point where I am questioning everything this guy says…do they talk to her or not?! Geez!! As of right now, IMO, I don’t think they have talked to her. I think - IMO - that this second statement was put out simply to discredit Cassie & continue to throw her under the bus. All JMO.

To add to that list:

Should they have called 911 on DTBH? If their son was missing, wouldn't they want as many people as possible searching?

Shouldn't they be out helping find him rather than gardening?
They had a lawyer at that point, and even if we give them some benefit of the doubt, they knew which way the wind was blowing.

Their son would have been under tremendous stress, and could very well have been emotionally unstable.

So you expect me to believe that they just allow for multiple days to pass, and do not raise the alarm?

That's a really tough sell for me, and I'm sure law enforcement would have seen it similarly.

That's why I'm so confused by the extent to which they searched that preserve, as I just can't fathom law enforcement taking their word for anything.

Where the heck is this guy?

If I try really, really hard, I can believe that neither BL or his parents brought up Gabby on the 1st or the 6th while spending time with CL and her family.

It is much more difficult for me to grasp that CL never asked about Gabby. No "Where's Gabby?" or "When's Gabby coming back?"

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to believe that the children who Gabby Facetimed with during her trip, who Gabby sent postcards to, and the same children who according to CL loved her dearly and called her "Aunt Gabby" never once asked on the 1st or the 6th where she was.

NOPE.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members