Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand we have legal rights to the 5th amendment. However, I know for certain I would have not acted as did the Laundries.

If there were even a question that my child had murdered someone he loved, I would fear for my safety and the rest of my family with him under my roof. He may have already killed “the love of his life.” What assurance do I have that he loves us too much to kill us, too?

It’s not like we haven’t had forums on WS with people who slaughtered their families after seemingly living a normal life prior to that, and if Brian were my child I’d know he may have killed already, no matter what he is telling me.

My sister has former in-laws in which an adult daughter, mother of two, moved in with her own mother and grandmother after losing custody of her children. She ended up killing her mother and grandmother with her late father’s police nightstick.

This family was not middle class. In fact they were very wealthy. The grandmother came from a rich family and the late grandfather owned two thriving businesses. Very respected in their neighborhood. I knew this family since before the daughter was born. It happened three years ago and I’m not over it.

So, JMO IMO MOO—if there were even a hint that my adult child could have killed a loved one—— no, never under my roof again. I’d pay for a lawyer, maybe, but from a distance.
that, in my opinion , is what makes the world and life awesome. People are different. And, in many cases, there is no absolute right or wrong. Spicy. Keeps ones mind open… if one wants that. On the other hand, those not open to differing opinions/actions, are likely to be boring and left behind. That’s how I see it.

This video was posted earlier today by NBC New York. It’s a really great interview (IMO) with forensics expert Joseph Scott Morgan discussing Gabby’s autopsy. I watched it earlier & thought some of y’all might like to watch it as well. So, I thought I’d share! :) IMO it’s very informative. He talks about the possible DNA, explanation of the COD, his thoughts on what the coroner said, timeline of releasing the info (MOD, COD…), etc. Lots of good tid bits of info in there IMO.

ETA: embedded link

This is very good. Edited to fix broken quote

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Well, if LE has sufficient proof the Laundries aided in an actual crime I strongly suspect they will be charged. I'm pretty sure prosecutors would need something besides not answering their phone for a day to be charged though. And when BL went missing he was not yet charged with a crime. So I'm not sure failure to report him missing was a crime either. We'll see though.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand your perspective @jamicat. I'm not at all sure I would have done what the Laundries have done. But I do think their right to remain silent should be respected. It's kind of like the right to free speech. Easy enough to support if we like the speech. Hard to support when we don't but that's when it's important to defend.

JMO
I think what makes that whole situation a hard pill to swallow for people is - even tho yes, it’s their right to remain silent & we want that right to be protected - their behavior has come across as almost a disregard for human life (JMO!). & to me, it’s like being torn in that you want the right to remain silent to be protected, but you also can’t find the brain capacity to understand how some one could be so cold. & that’s a weird feeling, & most certainly a hard pill to swallow, to advocate for rights to be protected for people that have made the decisions they made. It’s a weird space to be in IMO lol like mental gymnastics to stay focused on the fact that it is their right & it needs to be protected. JMO :)

ETA: fixed a typo.

Hmm he may not know exactly where BL is, but I wonder if SB knows whether BL is still alive?
DBM because it didn't come from a verified reporter like I thought it did.

However, CNN says SB is "hopeful" Laundrie is still alive. (bhttps://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/10/us/could-brian-laundrie-be-alive-survival-experts/index.html)

On 10/7, Michael Ruiz from Fox asked SB if LE would find BL the day CL assisted in the search, his response was "maybe." He also stated he believed BL was "still in the preserve... and as such I don't think he has access to the news." When asked about his survival skills, SB added, "He's a backpacker."

(Laundrie family lawyer reveals Brian's dad came up empty in Florida park search: LIVE UPDATES)

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
There was no “Laundrie caused” delay in my opinion. I assume the Petito’s knew how to contact the police and could very easily contacted the cops without ever once allegedly trying to contact a Laundrie.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no “Laundrie caused” delay in my opinion. I assume the Petito’s knew how to contact the police and could very easily contacted the cops without ever once allegedly trying to contact a Laundrie.

But, from my understanding, Gabby's mother had not reached the panicked conclusion to call the police until after she ( and Joe P ) attempted to call the Laundries for simple information! They were being ignored, and their alarms continued enough to call the police after that.

I agree. Though much has been made of those episodes, MOO, they were not such harbingers of BL being a killer. In retrospect, only. People have arguments, get angry, lose their tempers, do and say unfortunate things. Following it up with murder or just ditching someone in the wild is not usual.
Gabby’s fsmily have out and out said they were fine with her being with BL. Yeah, the dad might have ribbed him and I’m sure all was not perfect, but I don’t think any red flags like this. That’s what is so horrific about this case.

I live in an area where DV, assault, physical fights, yes, even killings, happen too often. Rated high in violent crimes. Usually, the characters are known, and the crime no ng surprise to all who know the cast here. Just waiting for the explosion. But not this case.

BBM. The problem is that those in normal relationships aren't aware of what constitutes the red flags of domestic violence which usually starts out in private. BL was so emboldened by his control of Gabby, he carried it out in public.The MOAB police didn't recognize the red flags that strangers saw and resulted in calls to 911. Education on DV should be taught in high school instead of learning about it by experiencing it or watching a loved one experience it. jmo

Will be so thankful when BL is in LE custody; had read where he had been spotted in NC. I was at a lake close to Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday; it had camping places as well as several trails. I was not comfortable as I thought that BL could very well be in the area.

I can't for the life of me, understand why training exercises would be conducted anywhere near where there has been an active search by multiple agencies.
If they trample all over possible evidence, then if he were found, a lawyer could argue that (whatever) was planted etc...
They know what they are doing, I just fail to get it.
MOO

BBM. The problem is that those in normal relationships aren't aware of what constitutes the red flags of domestic violence which usually starts out in private. BL was so emboldened by his control of Gabby, he carried it out in public.The MOAB police didn't recognize the red flags that strangers saw and resulted in calls to 911. Education on DV should be taught in high school instead of learning about it by experiencing it or watching a loved one experience it. jmo
This is exactly what I believe, teach the signs to teenagers, make them aware of the dangers, we teach our kids about stranger danger but not domestic danger. Doesn’t make sense considering the statistics on homicides, they’re generally committed by someone close to you. JMO

that, in my opinion , is what makes the world and life awesome. People are different. And, in many cases, there is no absolute right or wrong. Spicy. Keeps ones mind open… if one wants that. On the other hand, those not open to differing opinions/actions, are likely to be boring and left behind. That’s how I see it.

I'm definitely with you on this one.

A linear, restrictive narrative benefits no one. I'm open minded and willing to change my mind regarding this case. I wouldn't be so arrogant to think that it was "my way or the high way" in terms of a theory. That's why I like reading the alternative theories put forward on here by members, it allows me to rethink what I think I know about this case and consider a different perspective, or something that may not have occurred to me before.

'The important thing is not to stop questioning; curiosity has its own reason for existing' and 'The measure of intelligence is the ability to change'.

Two very apt quotes by Albert Einstein.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members