Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW. YOU MUST FOLLOW WHAT IS OUTLINED OR YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT OR BANNED!!!!

Thanks to DrSleuth for your help in writing up the information needed for the discussion.

Here is what we can and cannot discuss.

No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE
CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

Prior to the coronial inquest, the bio families could be identified, but it was overturned by the coroner for the inquest.

I am very sorry it took me so long to open this thread back up. Please keep in mind we are short handed so if this thread starts to get out of control with alerts we will have to close it again.
Please do not hesitate to alert but make sure the alert is truly needed. We have experienced a lot of tit for tat alerts and that makes me foam at the mouth, grow hair on my hands and my teeth turn into fangs. In other words please be sure when you post you are posting within our terms of service.

Thank you,
Tricia

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep posting the information as soon as we are certain everyone understands who they cannot identify. One more time:
No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

So, does that mean it's OK to discuss any other books on the subject?

There is no blanket approval. Please contact a Mod or Admin with the name of the book and the author and we will make a decision.

Chumley's book "Searching for Spiderman" is not approved.

Gary Jubelin's book and Caroline Overington's book are the only two that are approved for discussion at this time.

I think they should be okay - as one is a journo and one is an ex-lead detective on the case - but I will alert on my post and see if a mod can clarify how we should reference. Whether that be the book and page number, or a screenshot of the specific excerpt from the page of one of the allowable books.

IIRC stormbird was putting up screenshots when she spoke of particular passages from Overington's book.

Both books can be discussed.

Always give credit to the author. Book title, page # and paraphrasing or brief quotes are allowed.

Screenshots and more extensive quoting requires approval of the author (the copyright holder).

Do not try to get more content in by breaking it up into multiple posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

Please post respectfully. Members are all here for the same reason and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be snarky, unkind or disrespectful. If someone else is rude, do not respond. Just Report the post and let moderators review it.

Also, when stating information as fact, an approved link must be provided to substantiate the fact. If it's been linked recently, it's no big deal, but if it is older information or information not known to other members, they are entitled to ask for a link and one must be provided.

ADMIN NOTE:

Have just spoken with Tricia and she agrees that members can discuss the recent events surrounding the issuing of the AVO and the foster parents as potential POIs (which y'all have been doing anyway, right?)

While WS policy is that we are victim friendly, and this extends to family member, the policy has to be examined as to how it relates to specific discussions and new information as it comes to light. This is a thread specific exception that is being made based on MSM, obvious action and ongoing investigation by Australian law enforcement.

Discuss matters factually and speculate reasonably but without trashing these people or making direct accusations. Members who do so will be banned from the thread.

Read and Acknowledge Before Proceeding
Mod Note:

The bickering and personalizing among fellow posters is beyond unacceptable as of recent. Future posts which are posted solely with the intent to bicker and incite conflict among fellow posters will result in an automatic one week vacation from WS.

Thanks,
Tiff

That seems strange to me, is a FF allowed to sleep with a child? I hope he was not inappropriate in any way with WT Why not have the children in one room and the adults in another?

IIRC the FFC said that they had tried that before but the children, being children, didn't get to sleep, so they decided each parent would have a child share the room with them.

Yeah but ,within mothers hearing ? I can imagine that FM might have been under more stress than usual perhaps while staying with grandma - kids noisy , grandma & FM still grieving death dad/husband and sale of house.
But where is the evidence of lots of blood -

The same place the evidence is for the abduction theory. There isn't any yet.

I think the decision of CO's podcast to release an update episode that only contains the FD's statement/interview is quite telling. Particularly as she made a point to highlight the use/misuse of the word 'balcony' when explaining that William was playing on the back deck.

Overington would've been researching every nook and cranny of this case for her book and the podcast so must have a solid working theory at this point. Also her podcast painted a picture of the battler bio family hard done by against the privileged FP who were viewed as his only family by the media early on.

Whereas Harris paints 'Jane and Peter' as the sole grieving parents, in my opinion, because of how close she was to the case as a reporter from the first day onwards. Two very different takes.

A New Direction — Where's William Tyrrell? — Overcast

I think the decision of CO's podcast to release an update episode that only contains the FD's statement/interview is quite telling. Particularly as she made a point to highlight the use/misuse of the word 'balcony' when explaining that William was playing on the back deck.

Overington would've been researching every nook and cranny of this case for her book and the podcast so must have a solid working theory at this point. Also her podcast painted a picture of the battler bio family hard done by against the privileged FP who were viewed as his only family by the media early on.

Whereas Harris paints 'Jane and Peter' as the sole grieving parents, in my opinion, because of how close she was to the case as a reporter from the first day onwards. Two very different takes.

Her book still leans quite solidly towards the FP side.

Do we know if there is mobile phone reception at the FGM house? The FF left for town to get decent reception for a Skype call.

I keep thinking about the new evidence LE have and the interest in the FGM car and new search areas. Did AFP help out with this? Historical satellite imagery capturing the FGM car being driven plus maybe FM mobile suddenly pinged a cell tower near where they are now searching.

Anyone remember anything she (FFC) said? So curious now!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member