Identified! OR - Van Duzer State Park, Wht/Blk/HispFem 6-10, UP76624, Dec'20 - Haley Mae Coblentz

The Oregon State Police are still actively investigating this case. Please send them good thoughts and wishes, as these cases are very hard even for seasoned professionals. Thank you and take care...

@Dr. Nici Vance I applaud all of you and sending good thoughts! Has the Oregon State Police considered to team up with @othram? They "do" children's cases. As there are no matches with girls officially reported missing, maybe there is a chance to solve this poor girls case through genetic genealogy. It could be there is a lack of resources (I saw Othram is doing the fundraising too in some cases) or legal complications? I'm not sure what Oregon's policy towards this technology is.

@Dr. Nici Vance I applaud all of you and sending good thoughts! Has the Oregon State Police considered to team up with @othram? They "do" children's cases. As there are no matches with girls officially reported missing, maybe there is a chance to solve this poor girls case through genetic genealogy. It could be there is a lack of resources (I saw Othram is doing the fundraising too in some cases) or legal complications? I'm not sure what Oregon's policy towards this technology is.
I think Parabon Nanonlabs was already working on her case

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 11.43.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 11.43.52 AM.png
    590 KB · Views: 76
7LXGCBMECNB57DOCYXO2IE37NI.png
upload_2021-1-12_11-12-47-jpeg.279129

Rest in peace, Hayley.

The composite sketch is so similar to what little Hayley looked like, I'm just blown away at how close they are @victoriarobinson642.

I was looking further into this to see if HC had even been reported missing. I found an incident in 2015, where HC and her younger brother CG (different fathers) had been abducted out of Eagle, CO.

At that time, the mother, SB, had taken the kids along with her partner LH, (who is currently charged along with SB for the aggravated murder of HC).

At the time of the disappearance in 2015, it was suggested that these two women were perhaps living homeless, changing their names and appearance. At the time of abduction, the mother did not have legal custody of either child. It was also suggested that they could have been heading to Washington state, but did not have a vehicle.

(Same link from @Grungster above Log in or sign up to view )

I do believe the boy was found not long after the call went out about their disappearance in 2015, but it seems like poor HC slipped through another huge crack in the child welfare system, perhaps at a later point in time. She should have never been left with these women. MOO.

Last edited:
She went missing in 2015...wasn't she only believed to be dead for about a month when they found her?! The people in this photo are the ones charged in her death.

It will be revealing to find out how old she was when she passed, and when exactly she was left where she was found. The mom and partner were purported to be heading to Washington (but also maybe Ashland, OR), but Van Duzer is not on the way to or from either of those places, it's only about 15 minutes East of the Oregon coast.

Young girl whose remains were found in Lincoln County identified; mother, her girlfriend arrested for murder
''OSP says the child was identified as Haley Mae Coblentz, who was 9 years old at the time of her death. She was born in Colorado, but was living with her mother and mother's girlfriend in multiple places in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest since 2015.

According to the sheriff's office, Coblentz was not reported as a missing person at the time of her death.

With help from Detroit FBI, OSP investigators located Coblentz's mother, 29-year-old Shawna Browning, and her girlfriend, 34-year-old Lauren Harrison, in Detroit, Michigan on Tuesday. OSP said investigators arrested Browning and Harrison and served a search warrant on their vehicle and hotel room.

Browning and Harrison are both being charged with aggravated murder. They were booked into jail in Wayne County, Michigan and are being held without bail.''

She's looks so sweet. My heart aches thinking of the horrors she must have lived through in her short little life. May God bless and protect her brother. Hopefully Lady Justice deals harshly with Shawna & Lauren. :mad:

Rest in eternal peace, little Hayley Mae.:(

Hey guys, I don't mean to be a pest about this, but now that Haley finally has her name back, can everyone here please make sure they are spelling it correctly? It isn't Hayley - it is Haley. Thanks!

Edit to add: Thanks for the edits!

Last edited:
The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office utilizes grant money awarded through the National Institute of Justice to perform innovative DNA techniques on complex unidentified remains cases, and we are proud to collaborate with Parabon Nanolabs for those services. We couldn't have received this investigative lead without the help of Parabon, CeCe Moore and our wonderful team of scientists and researchers.

The composite sketch is so similar to what little Hayley looked like, I'm just blown away at how close they are @victoriarobinson642.

I was looking further into this to see if HC had even been reported missing. I found an incident in 2015, where HC and her younger brother CG (different fathers) had been abducted out of Eagle, CO.

At that time, the mother, SB, had taken the kids along with her partner LH, (who is currently charged along with SB for the aggravated murder of HC).

At the time of the disappearance in 2015, it was suggested that these two women were perhaps living homeless, changing their names and appearance. At the time of abduction, the mother did not have legal custody of either child. It was also suggested that they could have been heading to Washington state, but did not have a vehicle.

(Same link from @Grungster above Log in or sign up to view )

I do believe the boy was found not long after the call went out about their disappearance in 2015, but it seems like poor HC slipped through another huge crack in the child welfare system, perhaps at a later point in time. She should have never been left with these women. MOO.

If SB didn’t have custody of either child, why does it seem like they searched harder for the little brother and not for both of them? The poster mentions her, which is something, but she’s clearly secondary. Is that just a function of how hard the custodian pushed? Perhaps that means someone in SBs inner circle was Haley’s custodian?
It’s crazy, in this day and age, to think she was semi reported as missing and she was still out there, homeless and clearly abused, for 5 years. Awful. And in her picture (which is presumably one of the most recent available), she looks like she’s 4-5 years old. Unbelievable she was 9.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back