Identified! OR - Van Duzer State Park, Wht/Blk/HispFem 6-10, UP76624, Dec'20 - Haley Mae Coblentz

Last edited:
If SB didn’t have custody of either child, why does it seem like they searched harder for the little brother and not for both of them? The poster mentions her, which is something, but she’s clearly secondary. Is that just a function of how hard the custodian pushed? Perhaps that means someone in SBs inner circle was Haley’s custodian?
It’s crazy, in this day and age, to think she was semi reported as missing and she was still out there, homeless and clearly abused, for 5 years. Awful. And in her picture (which is presumably one of the most recent available), she looks like she’s 4-5 years old. Unbelievable she was 9.

I saw someone who knew Haley state that this pic is 5 years old.

If SB didn’t have custody of either child, why does it seem like they searched harder for the little brother and not for both of them? The poster mentions her, which is something, but she’s clearly secondary. Is that just a function of how hard the custodian pushed? Perhaps that means someone in SBs inner circle was Haley’s custodian?
It’s crazy, in this day and age, to think she was semi reported as missing and she was still out there, homeless and clearly abused, for 5 years. Awful. And in her picture (which is presumably one of the most recent available), she looks like she’s 4-5 years old. Unbelievable she was 9.

It's the same picture as the one on the missing poster for her brother, so it seems like the picture is from 2015 when she would have been about four.

If SB didn’t have custody of either child, why does it seem like they searched harder for the little brother and not for both of them? .

The news article posted above by Annie Oakley explains the children had different fathers and the little boy’s dad had custody of him. This he was removed back to his dad.

The Oregon State Police are still actively investigating this case. Please send them good thoughts and wishes, as these cases are very hard even for seasoned professionals. Thank you and take care...
I am from the area. Thank you for your service with Haley's case and countless others in Oregon, we appreciate your commitment to helping families in the community

I'm confused.

"Crystal Coblentz, who identified themself as Haley’s father, was contacted by the News-Times and conveyed the circumstances of her disappearance over six years ago. Crystal claimed they had not been contacted by investigators and had only heard vague details about Haley’s discovery from friends and family Tuesday morning until being contacted by News-Times staff Wednesday evening. In 2010, Crystal moved to Colorado with their father, who later passed away in 2014. During that time, Crystal was in a relationship with Browning, who became pregnant and gave birth to Haley. Crystal signed the birth certificate as Haley's father and from birth to age five raised Haley. Browning went on to have another child with another man." Body of deceased child identified, mother arrested

I'm confused.

"Crystal Coblentz, who identified themself as Haley’s father, was contacted by the News-Times and conveyed the circumstances of her disappearance over six years ago. Crystal claimed they had not been contacted by investigators and had only heard vague details about Haley’s discovery from friends and family Tuesday morning until being contacted by News-Times staff Wednesday evening. In 2010, Crystal moved to Colorado with their father, who later passed away in 2014. During that time, Crystal was in a relationship with Browning, who became pregnant and gave birth to Haley. Crystal signed the birth certificate as Haley's father and from birth to age five raised Haley. Browning went on to have another child with another man." Body of deceased child identified, mother arrested

Sounds to me like Crystal uses they/them pronouns, but is legally (and biologically speaking) Haley's father. Unless you were confused about something else?

Sounds to me like Crystal uses they/them pronouns, but is legally (and biologically speaking) Haley's father. Unless you were confused about something else?

Yes, that's what I was confused about. The article implies (the way it's worded) CC is not actually the bio father but signed the birth certificate as the father.

Anyway I think that's what I'm reading.

Yes, that's what I was confused about. Reading further, the article indicates CC is not actually the bio father but signed the birth certificate as the father. Anyway I think that's what I'm reading.

That's a good catch. I'm fairly sure Crystal is the other biological parent (from their interview in the article above - quoted as “I thought that one day she would get older and she’s going to find out and look up who her father is" - but I imagine there might be a followup on this information due to Haley's identification via DNA.

We couldn't have received this investigative lead without the help of Parabon, CeCe Moore and our wonderful team of scientists and researchers.

My comment trying to clarify the relationships was deleted due to lack of documented source, but as you can see from Dr. Vance's comment, I was the investigative genetic genealogist who developed the hypothesis that the Jane Doe in this case was Haley.

That's a good catch. I'm fairly sure Crystal is the other biological parent (from their interview in the article above - quoted as “I thought that one day she would get older and she’s going to find out and look up who her father is" - but I imagine there might be a followup on this information due to Haley's identification via DNA.
from reading between the lines CC is a trans male and bio mom conceived w some one else and CC stepped in and was around Haley early on.

go through bio moms pix u will find CC commenting on one midway through.

CC is not actually the bio father but signed the birth certificate as the father.

Anyway I think that's what I'm reading.

I think this is it- CC is Haley’s other legal parent, but I think it may be that there was either no custody order so there was nothing CC could do when Shawna disappeared.

I’m 99% CC was AFAB, but there is no consistency between social media, news sources, and crowd funding sites re; pronouns. I’m also a little cynical and left wondering if CC couldn’t get custody/visitation on account of being the nonbio parent in a LGTB family. Sometimes family law tends to erase such parents during custody disputes.

I think this is it- CC is Haley’s other legal parent, but I think it may be that there was either no custody order so there was nothing CC could do when Shawna disappeared.

I’m 99% CC was AFAB, but there is no consistency between social media, news sources, and crowd funding sites re; pronouns. I’m also a little cynical and left wondering if CC couldn’t get custody/visitation on account of being the nonbio parent in a LGTB family. Sometimes family law tends to erase such parents during custody disputes.

Sorry, I'm not clear on what "AFAB" means.

The Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office utilizes grant money awarded through the National Institute of Justice to perform innovative DNA techniques on complex unidentified remains cases, and we are proud to collaborate with Parabon Nanolabs for those services. We couldn't have received this investigative lead without the help of Parabon, CeCe Moore and our wonderful team of scientists and researchers.
Dr. Vance, has anyone claimed her remains yet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back