TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not put CS high up on the Emotional Intelligence scale.
I don’t think he reads people well nor is he particularly self-aware
My sense is he is more of a black and white guy who would not be aware of subtle nuance
That description actually fits quite well with most engineers I have even known
Perhaps just a coincidence or perhaps a correlation -
Just my opinion
I am married to an engineer ------I think his emotional intelligence quotient is in the
Negative zone. HE sees the world in black and white.

I believe RC is really grandstanding, honestly. He’s accepted a high-profile case, and is somewhat swindling KA and family by projecting that air of confidence—and using words that will go over well (misogynistic view, failure in the part of the APD to get details correct, etc.). I have a feeling he knows it’s an extremely uphill battle, but he’s doing exactly what KA does—project an air of confidence, even when it’s a bit of a fraud… He’s playing right into her modus operandi.

All MOO, but he’s just the right attorney for her.
That little -zing- at the end about the plastic surgery receipt was not in KA’s name.
Well I guess a quick check up her nose will shut him up.
That guy was annoyingly throwing everything up on my flat screen. Nothing stuck.
What a joke he is IMO.

Yes. Dartmouth, graduated 2019, Engineering

Dartmouth is an Ivy League School.
She was beautiful & SMART

Smart and determined.

In 2019, after graduating from Dartmouth with an engineering degree, Moriah told her mother she wanted to be a professional cyclist. “She was determined. I knew she could do it and we did our best to help her,” said Karen, who connected her daughter with a training coach, Neal Burton. “Her yearbook quote was from Ralph Waldo Emerson,” Moriah’s brother Matt recalls. “It said: ‘To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.’”

“Moriah’s goal at the time was just to see what potential she had,” says Burton. An accomplished ski racer at the Div. 1 collegiate level, Moriah had become more serious about cycling after recovering from two ACL surgeries. “She had this great attitude about the injuries: she said ‘These things happen for a reason and this will just make me stronger,” Karen said.

She was right. “Mo worked out harder coming back from that surgery than I’ve ever seen anyone work. She’d be in the gym for six hours,” said her father, who had competed on the World Cup against Ingemar Stenmark in the late 1970s. Moriah’s aunt, Laura Wilson Todd, was a two-time Olympic cross-country ski racer.

1663728792641.jpeg

True. But some of us find that Very. Hard. To. Do. And for good reasons. While he is not a named suspect, he is not a minor player in this murder melodrama IMO.

Central Casting for CLUE would find his questionable character hard to defend even if his Botox-obsessed lover was found holding the murder weapon in the library....so to speak.

JMO

What if CS simply did not love KA? It happens so often. He used the term “inertia”. It is anything but love. They had business and spent three years together but I don’t feel they were happy. JMO.
CS is very well liked and well regarded in the Austin cycling community -- the people who actually know him personally.
The mods requested quite some time ago that posters not speculate or make judgments about CS -- he's not the suspect.
My suspicion is the defense will try to do everything to poison the jury’s opinion of CS. It will look like KA was emotionally abused by him or what not. And since, good or bad traits of CS notwithstanding, he did not kill Mo, the community had to mobilize, to support their once-hero, and to prevent KA from walking free. JMO.

What if CS simply did not love KA? It happens so often. He used the term “inertia”. It is anything but love. They had business and spent three years together but I don’t feel they were happy. JMO.

My suspicion is the defense will try to do everything to poison the jury’s opinion of CS. It will look like KA was emotionally abused by him or what not. And since, good or bad traits of CS notwithstanding, he did not kill Mo, the community had to mobilize, to support their once-hero, and to prevent KA from walking free. JMO.
CS may have loved KA ‘in his own way’. Maybe that worked for KA initially, but as time moved on, she may have wanted a deeper commitment.

I agree that the defense will try to poison both the public and jury opinion of CS. I’m more worried about them poisoning the opinion of MW. I think they will try to do both, and they may have some success with CS.

It is unfair to him, but it’s difficult to view him outside of the lens of this case. The two main case participants that knew him closely were KA and MW. One is in jail and one is dead. Not great fodder for the resume in the court of public opinion.

We will see how it plays out with a jury.

jmo

CS gets very interested and animated when it comes to one subject, himself. JMO. He might have genuinely not noticed many things about KA. But - he is an engineer, his timeline was very accurate. It would seem to me that as a character witness, he’d be horrible, but as a factual witness, very good.
Would he lie? Would he want to? Would he be able to? Would he be able to do it convincingly? A lot is riding on his testimony.

I’m wondering if the attorney KA consulted before leaving the country also advised her to steal her sister’s passport and use it to get out of the country? /s

Why use her sister’s passport if she didn’t have anything to hide!? The “I was afraid Colin was a killer” excuse doesn’t really fit with that.

KA left because she’s guilty and wanted to conceal her identity from authorities. Simple as that. She had a Wheelhouse credit card issued in Colin’s name left back in the locker in CR. You don’t take someone’s credit card and potentially plan to use it if you want to hide from them.

Her attorney must think we were all born in a corn field and later fell off a turnip truck. My goodness. He may be book smart, but his defense statements are pretty lame.

<snipped for focus>

Why use her sister’s passport if she didn’t have anything to hide!? The “I was afraid Colin was a killer” excuse doesn’t really fit with that.

From the Dateline episode, it appears that KA's attorney expects that the federal charge of using someone else's passport will not be admissible at KA's trial for the murder of MW. I don't know if that is the case, but he seemed to imply that when questioned by the Dateline host. So if that is the case, he won't need an excuse regarding the passport, and apparently will address the issue of flight from justice as inappropriate since a warrant wasn't issued at the time of the flights from Texas to New York, and from New Jersey to Costa Rica.

I know there seems to be some question about the timing of the warrant, it was issued perhaps earlier than when it was made public/known.

<snipped for focus> She had a Wheelhouse credit card issued in Colin’s name left back in the locker in CR. You don’t take someone’s credit card and potentially plan to use it if you want to hide from them.

Her attorney must think we were all born in a corn field and later fell off a turnip truck. My goodness. He may be book smart, but his defense statements are pretty lame.

Since it was a Wheelhouse credit card, I wonder if both KA and CS used the card interchangeably, or if KA was the person who mainly used the card as the person who was managing the business financials, etc. Then it wouldn't be so surprising that she had this with her.

With regard to her attorney's remarks on Dateline, I think he used the program to shape the narrative more favorably for his client, given the huge amount of publicity already out there in the public from LE and the prosecution, so it was his goal to establish a counter-narrative, one that is more sympathetic to KA. I would hope that an attorney would do that for his/her client.

Other than that, I don't think he would give away some key aspects of his defense strategy. He's too smart for that.

Would he lie? Would he want to? Would he be able to? Would he be able to do it convincingly? A lot is riding on his testimony.
I would expect him to be truthful.

If he has information that will bring justice for Mo, he should bring it forward. If he has information that would exonerate KA, he should bring it forward.

He should not lie, but there are two reasons he might.

1. He fears retribution from KA were he to testify against her and she was still subsequently acquitted.

2. Some amount of guilt. He has already lost one woman in his life to murder, potentially due to his relationship with her. He may not want the other woman involved to go to prison for life.

jmo

I would expect him to be truthful.

If he has information that will bring justice for Mo, he should bring it forward. If he has information that would exonerate KA, he should bring it forward.

He should not lie, but there are two reasons he might.

1. He fears retribution from KA were he to testify against her and she was still subsequently acquitted.

2. Some amount of guilt. He has already lost one woman in his life to murder, potentially due to his relationship with her. He may not want the other woman involved to go to prison for life.

jmo

I think there is a 3rd reason which is to protect/defend his image. JMO.

I think there is a 3rd reason which is to protect/defend his image. JMO.
Yeah, that’s also a possibility. We know he was less than truthful with the two women. I had earlier said I couldn’t find any documentation of other mistruths. You accurately pointed out that he initially lied to LE about not knowing MW. Another one I thought about was CS saying KA was not volatile. Yet he fled and went into hiding out of fear after the warrant was issued. That is a mismatch of actions and words.

His pursuit for credibility may have an uphill climb, as you have indicated.

jmo

Yeah, that’s also a possibility. We know he was less than truthful with the two women. I had earlier said I couldn’t find any documentation of other mistruths. You accurately pointed out that he initially lied to LE about not knowing MW. Another one I thought about was CS saying KA was not volatile. Yet he fled and went into hiding out of fear after the warrant was issued. That is a mismatch of actions and words.

His pursuit for credibility may have an uphill climb, as you have indicated.

jmo
THIS^^^^! Very well put.

Since it was a Wheelhouse credit card, I wonder if both KA and CS used the card interchangeably, or if KA was the person who mainly used the card as the person who was managing the business financials, etc. Then it wouldn't be so surprising that she had this with her.

With regard to her attorney's remarks on Dateline, I think he used the program to shape the narrative more favorably for his client, given the huge amount of publicity already out there in the public from LE and the prosecution, so it was his goal to establish a counter-narrative, one that is more sympathetic to KA. I would hope that an attorney would do that for his/her client.

Other than that, I don't think he would give away some key aspects of his defense strategy. He's too smart for that.
Per discovery of things found in the locker, she also had a credit card in Colin’s name, in addition to the Wheelhouse credit card, and also one belonging to Dynamic Racing. She may have also been an authorized user on all cards, but seems odd, to me anyway, that she took these credit cards and also flew using her sister’s name and passport. Why not fly under her own name?

Per discovery of things found in the locker, she also had a credit card in Colin’s name, in addition to the Wheelhouse credit card, and also one belonging to Dynamic Racing. She may have also been an authorized user on all cards, but seems odd, to me anyway, that she took these credit cards and also flew using her sister’s name and passport. Why not fly under her own name?
Right - that’s the clincher that she’s going to have to answer!

Right - that’s the clincher that she’s going to have to answer!

I wonder if her lawyer will have to answer this/address this issue, since she has a separate charge against her for using someone else's passport, and I would assume that they would not have to respond to this question outside of that case, as it would have implications for her guilt or innocence in that case when it comes to trial.

I think I remember that the feds dropped that charge but that it was made clear that they had the option of reinstating the charge at a later date. Not sure of the exact language, but something like that. So it would prejudice the case if KA's lawyer addressed this matter at the MW trial. JMO.

I wonder if her lawyer will have to answer this/address this issue, since she has a separate charge against her for using someone else's passport, and I would assume that they would not have to respond to this question outside of that case, as it would have implications for her guilt or innocence in that case when it comes to trial.

I think I remember that the feds dropped that charge but that it was made clear that they had the option of reinstating the charge at a later date. Not sure of the exact language, but something like that. So it would prejudice the case if KA's lawyer addressed this matter at the MW trial. JMO.
And don't forget "Ari" & all her other aliases. I wonder if all of them have even been revealed?

And don't forget her credit card debit in CA on top of her theft of Botox warrant. Are there more debt collectors seeking legal redress?

And don't forget her "real estate holdings." Who is managing those while she is held in segregation on a murder charge? Has CS managed to uncouple their mutual finances? In what financial position does that leave her?

Oh what a tangled web she has weaved....

Wayyyyyy too much credit to the defense IMO.
She and only -SHE- sealed her own deal.
Her greatest downfall was her *lack of empathy* only supported by *her ego* .
A jury , even a single juror, is not that simple minded IMO .
They LOOK at the -entire- picture.
They r you & I. KA was losing to a much younger, faster female of interest . She should of walked away but she still thought she could pull it off, out, save it.
She killed for or because of HER “”EGO”””
She is a scary sickening disturbed person IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads