ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I concur. How long is it going to take to enter the premises, stab four people to death on two separate floors without waking up #5 and #6 on the ground floor when two occupants are sleeping in the same room x 2?

Ingress and egress the premises

Never mind Murphy not barking, then being unknown to the dog?

Thats sounds tricky. How long did it take? 60 minutes?

Is the perpetrator a freakin Russian ninja? TIC

imoo

#1122 #king #queen #moscow
I haven’t been stabbed but I have been unexpectedly attacked and badly beaten by strangers during a burglary, it wasn’t quick.
I tried to scream but no sound came out.
The body does strange things during shock and fear, I completely lost control of my voice.

Last edited:
What makes a case “not cold”? Say for example: In 6 months time there are still tips coming in, but none have any significance to the case at all in terms of not relevant. The tips aren’t leading to an arrest being made, or identifying a suspect/POI? Nothing is moving the case along as such. Wouldn’t that mean it’s “cold”?
I don’t think it takes years, I think it can take just months for a case to be cold and stalled. IMO
Is this case 6 months old? Have all avenues been exhausted? This is not a cold case. Imo.

That's not to say it's not indirectly related. If the perp was mid-crime and saw flashing lights outside, they might have panicked and fled. It's possible the alcohol offense saved the two downstairs roommates.

Yes. Sloppy. Perhaps frenzied?

If the perpetrator was using the type of knife originally suggested by LE, a clean cut to the throat on a sleeping victim would accomplish the goal. But instead, the perpetrator (or perpetrators?) opted to turn the scene into a bloodbath.
I guess we don’t know if a slice to the throat was used. We only know there was torso and stomach stabs

They actually have bars that center around axe throwing. Normally it is axe's , but I guess one could throw a knife if they wanted to. Not quite sure about the idea of sharp bladed objects and alcohol mixing, but I'm old, what do I know. lol
Yep, 2 in my ~40k town.
After a few close call videos i've seen on YouTube/online of axes bouncing back towards the thrower.... i'll skip those places haha.

But they are very common indeed.

My opinion has always been they were called in because they believe the perp crossed state lines.
Frequently the FBI gets involved when a smaller police force such as MPD doesn’t have the staff to investigate a crime of this magnitude. It doesn’t have to be because the killer crossed state lines.

I considered that too, but I am thinking the coroner said stabbed in the chest (?) Would the aorta be quick enough? He would have had to strip the blankets down? I just don't get the 2 girls in one bed. It had to be done so quickly.
Here its chest and upper body. I would think severing an aorta would be quick. I'll go find out.

After reading the latest report from CNN. I’ve changed my thought. It was very clear in that report that all 4 students were attacked while asleep. I had always thought previously the 2 upstairs were killed and woke the 2nd story victims up and so they were killed as a result. My new feeling is the entire house was targeted, killer didn’t expect Ethan and maybe the struggle (aka defensive wounds) was enough to make the killer leave instead of heading downstairs for fear of possible other boyfriends sleeping there.
This is how I've been leaning for a while. The only statements we have from LE indicate E & X were also attacked while in bed as was K & M. If the killer went into both rooms without provocation, then this was about killing more than one or two girls. I don't see why anyone would kill two people preemptively just in case they might hear you killing a person upstairs, it wasn't to "eliminate a threat" so the killer could get to one target. Whoever went in there to kill for whatever reason went in there to kill multiple girls...

They actually have bars that center around axe throwing. Normally it is axe's , but I guess one could throw a knife if they wanted to. Not quite sure about the idea of sharp bladed objects and alcohol mixing, but I'm old, what do I know. lol
I see, I've never heard of one personally. Can't imagine the insurance those bars must carry $$

JMO Yes I would imagine strikes into the chest area would need to be VERY precise to avoid hitting a rib bone. If you end up stabbing into a rib I would imagine it may cause your hand to slip down the hilt and onto the blade itself. Causing you to slit your hand in the process.
Its been a long while, but I recall testimony from one of the Manson Family (a female) testifying that she hit the sternum and hurt her hand and had pain in it for several days after. Quite matter of fact, callous testimony. So callous that it's remained in my memory for years.

Imo

I guess we don’t know if a slice to the throat was used. We only know there was torso and stomach stabs

How do you carry out stomach stabs x 4 with two persons in the same room?

Not immediate death, nor screaming

That sounds at least high risk strategy with hate crime motive? Imoo

Being mindful four victims over time

Last edited:
My general vibe feelings are the following:

1.) The killer/(s) was/were someone who knew one or more of the victims.
2.) The killer/(s) knew the layout of the home and the campus community.
3.) The killer/(s) was someone looking for jealous revenge acting out of hate, which escalated into murderous rage.
4.) It appears some of the victims fought for their lives.
5.) It appears that this was more likely someone/more than one killer with intended targets of victims. and not some random psychopath who wanted to kill.

Some questions for the community:

1.) What DNA forensics have been collected?
2.) How could or will this DNA be used to find the killer or killers?

Satch

Your statement about the killer knowing the layout of the home has me conflicted.

There’s a part of me that says yes he definitely knew the layout of the home based on his actions that early morning 3-4am on Nov 13. However, another part of me says maybe he didn’t know the home all that well since he left 2 survivors on the first floor.

Most likely, the owner/landlord did it. I doubt LE did it.

Oh dear. That second sentence is hard to interpret - but I think it's a very important topic and we should continue to explore it. I don't know what "not even the most deranged person would never do."

I would say that anyone who does such a crime meets the popular definition of deranged. I would also state, IMO, that such a person meets symptomatic criteria from various (perhaps several) DSM categories, possibly a new constellation of such traits. All of those traits origin in the human mind/brain. All of them impair or distort ordinary cognition (as the rest of us understand it).

I don't get your last sentence either. Are you saying the Nightstalker victims (similar crime) had all met their victims? Or EARSONS/GoldenStateKiller? (we call him EARONS here in California, btw, that other term was made up by someone who wanted to copyright it).

Sometimes this question keeps me awake at night, as I was acquainted with/had met one set of EARONS victims and my aunt (who knew one of the victims very very well) said she thought it was NOT random - but LE and courts never agreed. I still ponder it. I think Nightstalker was totally random. I think Manson killings were random insofar as Manson's intel given to the killers was based on past anger at the inhabitants of the house - who were no longer there.

You and I might be agreeing - the killer was deranged (not in an ordinary state of mind). I personally believe this was a chronic condition and that none of the victims did anything that night or prior to that night that would cause any non-deranged person to exact this kind of vengeance.

This is a very mentally disturbed killer.
First BOLD>>> Meant to say>>> even most deranged people would never do this<<<< Meaning they would never go this far.
Second BOLD>>> Agree, but would add that would also include most deranged people as well.

My point, by definition, this killer is deranged. However, in this case we have a very UNIQUE deranged individual ...one that the victims would be extremely unlikely to meet under any conditions. ERGO>>> The victims were proactively *selected* by the killer.

Last edited:
I considered that too, but I am thinking the coroner said stabbed in the chest (?) Would the aorta be quick enough? He would have had to strip the blankets down? I just don't get the 2 girls in one bed. It had to be done so quickly.
Is there any chance the perp might have tazed them before stabbing them?

I got the impression and speculating (I think a common thought though) that if the killer entered and exited on the 2nd floor there would be no reason to even go to the 3rd unless one of them was a target.

If he entered/exited on 2nd floor and X and E were targets, he wouldn't have bothered going all the way upstairs (possibly no exit so risky) just as he didn't go downstairs. There would've been no point to go up to 3rd floor especially since it sounds like girls were asleep/in their bed.

I do think X and E heard something and the only reason they were killed either when killer was on his way up or down the stairs. JMO, MOO...
I very much agree.

I concur. How long is it going to take to stab four people to death on two separate floors without waking up 56 and six on the ground floor when two occupants are sleeping in the same room x 2?

Thats sounds tricky

imoo
I don’t know the answer to your question but I don’t think stabbing in itself makes much noise.
I was beaten by three people for probably 15 minutes with some pretty serious injuries, I never lost consciousness, but was unable to get a sound out even though I was trying to scream, no sound came out.
It’s a very weird feeling to lose your voice when you need it most.
I was in an apartment with adjoining walls and floors where they beat me, they then dragged me outside and beat me some more on a concrete landing in front of my apartment, then left me there. I don’t know why they did that.
None of my neighbors heard a thing.
I crawled back into the house after they left and didn’t call the cops out of fear they were outside and would hear me and break back in, not rational but fear overtook logic.
The next morning I called a friend who rushed over and took me the hospital where I asked staff not to call the cops, thinking it would make them come back for me, but of course they did and several cops came immediately and while I was hospitalized.
There were several instances of a lack of logic by both me and the perps.
I was in my 20’s and was targeted, they were older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert