Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his reddit posts he refers to his gf and calls her his ex at one point. I think that was back in Sept but I may be wrong on the timing.I would like to know the nature of their relationship at the time of the murder. Had they broken up and gotten back together? I'm curious about what led to the breakup.
Another poster provided a GH video last night. A friend of SS's calls in to tell what he knows about the monster. In the opening, he talks about SS working at Disney (Epicot Center-TRex) until sometime in September last year. So now you have me curious - did something happen?

There is also a statement from the friend regarding a digital file discovered on SS's network. Another rooomate at the time who was an IT guy, discovered some very interesting things. Supposedly there was a payoff from someone in SS's family, so the information wouldn't be reported to LE.

Is any of this true? The friend is pretty specific in what he states, but who knows? Many more details in the link below.

Another poster provided a GH video last night. A friend of SS's calls in to tell what he knows about the monster. In the opening, he talks about SS working at Disney (Epicot Center-TRex) until sometime in September last year. So now you have me curious - did something happen?

There is also a statement from the friend regarding a digital file discovered on SS's network. Another rooomate at the time who was an IT guy, discovered some very interesting things. Supposedly there was a payoff from someone in SS's family, so the information wouldn't be reported to LE.

Is any of this true? The friend is pretty specific in what he states, but who knows? Many more details in the link below.

Well, if someone accepted a payoff from someone to stay quiet about CSAM on SS's device(s), that's pretty gross and I cannot imagine how they may be feeling now, knowing that a little girl is dead, and that the man you once lived with and didn't report is the prime suspect.

I have a different perspective on the statement about Maddie “sleeping”. IMO when people lie, they try to keep it as close to the truth as possible. It seems common for killers who’ve hid their loved ones’ bodies to claim they last saw them “asleep”. This is as close to the truth as one can get without telling on themselves. Two examples who immediately come to mind are Billie Jean Dunn and Barry morphew.

I am wondering how much of this is actually true .

Video evidence shows Sterns discarding items in a dumpster at a Kissimmee apartment complex at 7:45 a.m. on Monday, which was later recovered and identified as Madeline Soto's backpack and school-issued laptop.

Was the above location ever disclosed?

I thought the sheriff during the presser said Madeline's backpack and computer were recovered from the dumpster and that Stephan was on video at 7:35am discarding them?

This article states Madeline’s family had been told on Thursday evening that she was likely dead, after her clothes and backpack were found in an apartment dumpster.

Another article states Video evidence shows Sterns discarding items in a dumpster at a Kissimmee apartment complex at 7:45 a.m. on Monday, which was later recovered and identified as Madeline Soto's backpack and school-issued laptop.

Has anyone else heard anything other than the laptop and backpack, or the 7:45am time vs 7:35? I suppose 10 minutes doesn't make much difference knowing the overall outcome, but it would be nice for the news sources to be consistent.

I thought the sheriff during the presser said Madeline's backpack and computer were recovered from the dumpster and that Stephan was on video at 7:35am discarding them?

This article states Madeline’s family had been told on Thursday evening that she was likely dead, after her clothes and backpack were found in an apartment dumpster.

Another article states Video evidence shows Sterns discarding items in a dumpster at a Kissimmee apartment complex at 7:45 a.m. on Monday, which was later recovered and identified as Madeline Soto's backpack and school-issued laptop.

Has anyone else heard anything other than the laptop and backpack, or the 7:45am time vs 7:35? I suppose 10 minutes doesn't make much difference knowing the overall outcome, but it would be nice for the news sources to be consistent.
You can watch the presser and the officer says the times in question - I don’t remember what they were offhand but I would go with the times he stated. The media for some reason, often doesn’t which muddies the timeline for those of us following along.

I watched last night and a lot of it sounded BS-ish to me...he hadn't been friends with or spoken to him in over a decade. And if the other "friend" found CSAM on a computer, then he is at fault for not reporting it long ago. JMO
It brings to mine the Sherrice Iverson murder where the killer's friend just... did nothing. Bad Samaritans.

Is there an age in Florida where a child can decide which parent they wish to live with when parents are divorced? I wonder if Madeline had been voicing her wish to live with her father and step mother.
18 (which doesn't make sense to me) but a child can file for emancipation at 16 (according to internet info)

I watched last night and a lot of it sounded BS-ish to me...he hadn't been friends with or spoken to him in over a decade. And if the other "friend" found CSAM on a computer, then he is at fault for not reporting it long ago. JMO
Right and he’s making some really serious claims.

Last edited:
I’m curious what led up to the decision to get Maddie tested for autism. Usually parents seek out help when they are at their wits end. Did Maddie and her mom fight a lot? Did Maddie throw a lot of tantrums even as a preteen?
I think a trauma response (PTSD, generalized anxiety or similar) can often present similar to autism. I don't think the mum told them to test for autism, but that the mom had noticed some behaviours that were worrying her and the one thing that Madeline screened positive for of that the doc suspected was autism.
Autism-related traits such as avoiding eye contact, blunt affect, self-soothing etc are not uncommon in trauma cases and being withdrawn is basically a given.
In his reddit posts he refers to his gf and calls her his ex at one point. I think that was back in Sept but I may be wrong on the timing.I would like to know the nature of their relationship at the time of the murder. Had they broken up and gotten back together? I'm curious about what led to the breakup.
I don't feel like we know if they were ever actually broken up. It seems like he may have used Reddit as a place to groom. He might not have wanted people to know he had a girlfriend at that time.
In the opening, he talks about SS working at Disney (Epicot Center-TRex) until sometime in September last year. So now you have me curious - did something happen?
All good theories. On the one hand, people lie on Reddit all the time. On the other, with the unclear living arrangements and possible concentration of several factors in Sept, it makes you wonder.
I do suspect the relationship was not all sunshines and rainbows in any case.

If someone wanted to help they'd go to the police, not youtube. MOO. Maybe they did go to police, but I wouldn't want anyone to know that I knew someone like this....
He just needs to talk about it, maybe. Out of nowhere comes this terrible news about someone he once knew well. He and the buddies from that time are in disbelief, calling each other and talking. Maybe he did call LE almost immediately, then this YouTube guy wants to talk to anyone who has ever know SS. And he needs to talk about it as his mind sifts and sorts and tries to make some sense of it. I remember reading "Some people talk to think and others think to talk." I'm guessing he talks to think and understand how he feels about something.

Exactly. This guy could be getting his 15 mins fame.
Yeah broadcasting to the world you found (or at least thought you found) CSAM on your friend's device and then did nothing is definitely a 10,000 IQ move.

Maybe if it did tell, nothing would've happened to SS still, but if he did tell and SS was arrested, Maddy might still be here right now. Traumatized, but still here.

He just needs to talk about it, maybe. Out of nowhere comes this terrible news about someone he once knew well. He and the buddies from that time are in disbelief, calling each other and talking. Maybe he did call LE almost immediately, then this YouTube guy wants to talk to anyone who has ever know SS. And he needs to talk about it as his mind sifts and sorts and tries to make some sense of it. I remember reading "Some people talk to think and others think to talk." I'm guessing he talks to think and understand how he feels about something.

I think you're being very generous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member