Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are signs of sexual abuse in children. Pelvic pain, genital pain, yeast infections, bladder infections, bleeding, inappropriate behaviour etc. There is more. Much more.

Do you mean to tell me that after the years of abuse that Maddie suffered NO ONE, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON thought that something wasn’t right?

IMO a mother should notice signs, but so should others. Everyone looked the other way, unless I hear anything different.

No one helped her. No one. That poor defenceless child. I can’t even imagine.

MOO

So the first evidence they seem to have of him being a pedo is June 2019. And that’s only what they know they can prove. Even if they didn’t go back further no doubt he didn’t just wake up in June of 2019 and decide to start taking / viewing or possibly sharing csam. Was Maddie his only victim? Big doubt.
Makes me sad to even write this, but if I read other information correctly, dates to circa 2019 will encompass dates such that SS would have alleged crimes for a child / minor under the age of 12 in FL if relating to MS. MOO :(

She is protecting herself. It’s always been about her. Her need to have validation from a male. Her need to feel wanted and her need to have the illusion of a household that was functioning well. Nowhere in a choices she has made does it appear that Maddie was even once her first priority or concern. Even in death.
After these charges came out, and knowing he likely wont see the light of day again, who else could she be protecting but herself. No point in protecting him now.

Bolded by me for focus.

IMO some children, and adults, for that matter, wouldn't be able to handle this much sexual abuse without it being visually apparent from their demeanor that something not right was going on. Pretty much folding up into themselves. But the thing I find very sad with Maddie is what I've gleaned about her personality from her obituary video, positive things people have said about her (NOT JS or SS), and also from pictures of her. In fact, some of the last pics of her from her BD party, where she's twirling with a streamer, she just looks so happy, content, and very mature. She does not look like a victim, even though she was. She seemed like the type to not let this sort of abuse drag her down and instead looks on the positive side. IOW, she didn't appear to be dwelling on it IMO. Just wow that someone her age could do that. She was truly an amazing human being and I'm really pissed off that she wasn't allowed to live, find love, and become a successful woman. She was most definitely headed down that path IMO, and I find it a stinking shame that SHE'S not the one still here. :(
Simply put, even very young children learn how to compartmentalize (even when they don't even know that's what they're doing). They put the horror in one box and when it's over, they put it away where no one can see it, and go back to being themselves, as much as they're able. It's the reason in cases like this you see pics of kids smiling, laughing, attending parties and having fun, all the while knowing the terror they were living with. :(

jmo

Bolded by me for focus.

IMO some children, and adults, for that matter, wouldn't be able to handle this much sexual abuse without it being visually apparent from their demeanor that something not right was going on. Pretty much folding up into themselves. But the thing I find very sad with Maddie is what I've gleaned about her personality from her obituary video, positive things people have said about her (NOT JS or SS), and also from pictures of her. In fact, some of the last pics of her from her BD party, where she's twirling with a streamer, she just looks so happy, content, and very mature. She does not look like a victim, even though she was. She seemed like the type to not let this sort of abuse drag her down and instead looks on the positive side. IOW, she didn't appear to be dwelling on it IMO. Just wow that someone her age could do that. She was truly an amazing human being and I'm really pissed off that she wasn't allowed to live, find love, and become a successful woman. She was most definitely headed down that path IMO, and I find it a stinking shame that SHE'S not the one still here. :(
I think we may find out yet that she herself didn’t know she was a victim. If she was not conscious for it that may have been a blessing in disguise for her. I do believe we may find out this kid was being drugged.

Bolded by me for focus.

I meant more like torn skin and bleeding , not being able to sit down , things a teacher would notice and an 8 year old wouldn't be able to hide physically

Sterns, 37, now faces 40 charges of possessing child sex abuse material that investigators found on his cellphone, along with seven counts of molestation and 13 of sexual battery on a minor, eight of which when the victim is under 12. Previously released Kissimmee Police Department affidavits detailing his arrest indicated he had been sexually abusing Madeline, who was reported missing Feb. 26 and was found dead days later, since at least 2022, when she was 11. It’s not clear from whether the new charges filed on Monday involve other victims.

“The State Attorney’s Office has been working closely with KPD and received evidence that gave us cause to file formal charges against Stern,” Orange-Osceola State Attorney Andrew Bain said in a statement announcing the new charges. “We appreciate the thoroughness and detailed attention of their investigation and will continue to work with our law enforcement partners to build a strong case against the defendant.”

Law enforcement officials have not addressed publicly the timing of murder charges against Sterns as detectives continue investigating what happened to Madeline on Feb. 26. An additional complication may be the inconsistencies emerging from interviews with Madeline’s mother, who has not been named as a suspect despite the conflicting accounts of what happened the day Madeline was reported missing.

I think we may find out yet that she herself didn’t know she was a victim. If she was not conscious for it that may have been a blessing in disguise for her. I do believe we may find out this kid was being drugged.
If that is the case, it will make it even harder to believe she wouldn't have told her mother. What child will wake up with unexplained pain or bleeding or other evidence of assault in her private areas and not go tell Mom she doesn't feel good, if she doesn't know what happened?

You know, I don't recall ever seeing a reporter ask the parent of a missing child if they feel responsible.

That seems a very inappropriate and insensitive thing for a reporter to ask in that situation just out of the blue.

It makes me wonder if LE did have some influence over what was asked in SS's interview.
it was obvious to me that in her first interview, the interviewer asked her about the birthday party and if sunday was her actual birth date. the media interviewer already knew Madeline's date of birth for sure. she was then told, sunday was the day we celebrated....her actual birthday was thursday, Feb 22nd. JS did not volunteer any happy happy happy time with Madeline on her actual day. it was left hanging there with a whispered she just turned 13. it was so weird, to me anyway.

Here's the actual phrasing:

My interpretation was that from 7/2/2019 to 2/26/2024 he was known to possess 10+ images of CSAM because 2/26/2024 was the date the images were found on his phone. Those might be images that were not produced with that phone, so they don't know when the images were knowingly possessed, other than after they were produced (7/2/2019) and before they were discovered (2/26/2024).

LE did not inform JS that they were confident MS was dead until the night of 2/29/2024 and did not inform the public until 3/1/2024, so I'd be shocked if they knew by 2/26/2024.

Also, I've uploaded the Information to Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/document/712...hael-Sterns-docket-Information-2024-CF-000632
Thanks for uploading, to Scribd.

I interpret the end date 2/26/24 depicted photos on that date. It's only a few with that exact date.

Moo

Initially, it seemed like a possibility maybe she was drugged for SA. But now with the newer and many charges...would it be possible to drug her during so many incidents so maybe she didn't remember it happening? (and that's why she never told anyone?)

Same...SS is evil, disgusting and lots of other things i cant say. It's so bad that I don't want Mom involved because it will just make it so much worse.
Like it or not, mom is involved. Either deliberately or not just by allowing this guy into their lives. She could have never let him meet her daughter. She could have sent Maddie to Dad or any other responsible adult. She could have allowed SS around only when Maddie wasn’t there and she sure as hell could have supervised their every interaction.

There are signs of sexual abuse in children. Pelvic pain, genital pain, yeast infections, bladder infections, bleeding, inappropriate behaviour etc. There is more. Much more.

Do you mean to tell me that after the years of abuse that Maddie suffered NO ONE, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON thought that something wasn’t right?

IMO a mother should notice signs, but so should others. Everyone looked the other way, unless I hear anything different.

No one helped her. No one. That poor defenceless child. I can’t even imagine.

MOO
I know of a family where all 3 siblings were abused by the same adult male family member.
None of them had any idea until they were all adults, that all the others were also being abused.
Each one of them thought they alone were the dirty little kid.
None of the parents or grandparents had any idea.
None of their teachers had a clue.
Not a single one of their friends had any idea.
One of the kids was a straight A student, another hugely into sports, and another excelled in art.
All 3 kids had "signs" if the proper medical exams would have been done, but all 3 kids made sure there was never a reason for medicals (that included exams of private areas), because they were all brainwashed into believing they deserved it, and it was their fault, and everyone would think they were trash if they told anyone.

Predatory pedophiles like SS learn how to ingratiate themselves into the lives of people to take advantage of them. They don't only groom the kids, they also groom the adults in the kid's lives.

I have no idea if MS knew anything or not, but if she didn't, she joins the ranks of countless other moms and dads who discovered the nightmare that their child was being victimized and they had no idea. It happens, and these sickening monsters COUNT on it happening because that's how they get away with it.

It's more complex then that. There is alot of emotions like shame and guilt that could come in the play. Maybe he even threatened her to hurt someone she loved if she would tell someone.

JMO
I'm sure there's confusion, and she probably liked SS. He bought her tamogachis, gave her attention, may have been the good " parent " who stuck up for her if mom gave her a hard time. If she told then he would be gone. He may have even told her that, and while she didn't want to be abused, she didn't want to lose him either. Children can have a really hard time with complex relationships.

My heart hurts for all she endured and I'm angry she is no longer here.

Yeah, we're going to disagree on this one (which is just stating the obvious) ;)

I'm holding off on making any negative assumptions about mom, including why she said she saw Maddie getting dressed for school at 8am (folks misremember stuff, it happens) until or unless LE provide evidence that make it clear she was somehow involved in Maddie's death and/or her ongoing abuse.

jmo
if she denies any knowledge of sexual abuse, LE has alot of digging to do. if another adult was aware of even a possibility, they sure as heck arent going to say they didnt act on a suspicion or the word of a child. but there could be someone who could provide valuable information if they brought a suspicion to JS's attention at some point and she didnt act on it or poo poo'd it.

as you said, evidence must be obtained she was involved somehow in the abuse, and/or knew Madeline was dead, and engaged in covering for him and then herself. IMO, her timeline and movements from all day sunday through the morning up to 4pm are key.

right now, nothing from LE. have to be patient which can sometimes be maddening. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donna_Avery