Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interviews with his friends, especially the interview with Ryan, I believe, where the semen in glass jars, trying to share the P___ from his computer, and the other stuff from when SS was very young tween/teen does make me think it is likely someone was probably at minimum verbally abusive if not more towards SS. It all just sounds incredibly unhealthy and weird what was shared.

Some people have totally normal home lives and end up being really disturbed too though. And his crimes are so heinous, I don't see how it would matter if SS was SA or anything else as a child. I cannot imagine anyone feeling sorry for him.''

Edited to add: I mean, According to the Gray Hughes show, his mother allegedly paid a roommate not to report material with kids that was on a shared network when SS was in his mid twenties. Who does that?!? So much disgusting behavior around this guy, IMO.
I think we’ve all had our smh moments in reading through SS’s Reddit comments, but the audacity in this particular response is horrible - IMO.

Sharing since it alleges he may have had his own issues at home. Also worth noting that it’s unclear if the majority of what SS stated in comments on Reddit is true. Again, MOO.

<modsnip: Screenshot removed. Social media rules are that linking to and paraphrasing from social media of victim or perp is allowed, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.>

Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting to me how JS refers to SS as her "partner" in the interviews when it seems they were not together?

We have no way of knowing if they had just gotten back together, and none of these friends knew about it, but this Frank guy, at least, seems to be someone SS was hanging out with pretty much right up until MS birthday. i.e. They had plans to go to a concert together that SS will not be attending now that he is in a nice little jail cell.

I think we’ve all had our smh moments in reading through SS’s Reddit comments, but the audacity in this particular response is horrible - IMO.

Sharing since it alleges he may have had his own issues at home. Also worth noting that it’s unclear if the majority of what SS stated in comments on Reddit is true. Again, MOO.

Not sure if I am able to share the link since it is not his direct post. Will add if it’s ok.
One thing I saw someone mention when I took a look at some of his Reddit posts, is SS gave clear enough advice on so many related topics to this case that he really isn't going to be able to say he is "insane", or "doesn't know right from wrong." He is out there telling everyone else they are are "ATA" and sharing all sorts of opinions about parenting, abuse, etc.

So even though so much of this is nauseating, like the nasty crap on his phone, I'm glad it's there. Maybe useful to LE.

I also wonder if LE can cross reference the time and date of the images to where JS devices and JS were at the time things were happening? How sophisticated are these recovery systems? Say she claims to have been at work, but data shows she was home and actively using her phone or worse? Or the reverse, say he was doing the SA and her phone was an hour away inside an office building or a doctor's office or something at the same time?

Just curious since I mostly hang out in the 1970s cold case forums and find all of this pretty mind-blowing.

Not sure if I am able to share the link since it is not his direct post. Will add if it’s ok.
What an IRONIC COMMENT for SS to make. my god this guy is next level sociopath imo...

Thank you, this is very helpful!

I am basically trying to figure out if JS and SS were broken up during the pandemic or if that was a peaceful period because something changed in the normal day to day routine because of the pandemic. I originally wondered if Maddie had told her mother at some point after the 2019 abuse and JS/SS were broken up during that time because of that but I am not so sure. I know someone had mentioned a video where his friends say the two were often broken up. I just can’t understand how it could have come back and intensified after that if JS was on notice (aside from the obvious).

I am wondering if there is another reason that is pandemic related that our poor girl had a period of peace such as SS working in a necessary job, JS working remotely so that she would have been home during his normal abuse periods, or Maddie doing online school such that laptop cams were frequently on in the home to dissuade him. I have also wondered if that gap is because maybe Maddie was sent to quarantine with another relative if they were in a high risk spot (I remember at one point, my city was the second hotspot behind some city in Florida but I don’t recall which one it was).
It’s also entirely plausible that he was abusing her during the time period for which there was no evidence of such on his phone. For example, he may have saved the 2019 files (either intentionally or unintentionally) and they made their way to his most recent phone/current cloud service while files from 2020 and 2021 simply didn’t for whatever reason. My point is that we (unfortunately) can’t presume there was no abuse happening in those years just because there was no evidence of it on the phone he handed over to LE.

Not sure what kind of "issues" or abuse SS had in his own home growing up, but I can believe it since child abuse is often cyclical and generational. Doesn't mean that I do believe it presently.

Maybe that will be his defense, or an excuse as to why she shouldn't get LWOP or the DP.

I would be really surprised if SS had no access/contact with MS during the times they were broken up since the callers who were recent/current friends of SS to Gray Hughes all mentioned finding it odd how SS had this "close bond" with his ex-gf's daughter, how he was talking with her, things like that.

I will be really surprised if there isn't more SA out there on another device, or it happened and wasn't documented.

Why did SS toss MS laptop in the dumpster? Or her backpack? What was that about??

It is interesting to me how JS refers to SS as her "partner" in the interviews when it seems they were not together?

We have no way of knowing if they had just gotten back together, and none of these friends knew about it, but this Frank guy, at least, seems to be someone SS was hanging out with pretty much right up until MS birthday. i.e. They had plans to go to a concert together that SS will not be attending now that he is in a nice little jail cell.
I don’t find a “breakup” where you’re allowing your paramour to live in the home as a true breakup. Legally, the courts don’t either (that’s why for no-fault divorces they require you to be living “separate and apart”) because proximity can change dating status on a dime.

It appears this friend guy had this interview before the new charges dropped but his recall of where SS was living aligns disturbingly well with those new charges and I find it compelling.

I don’t know how JS would not notice signs of abuse of this frequency and violence, particularly when the abuse (and signs/behaviors that would come from that) seems to track so well with when he was around. Was the decision to allow him back into the home one that MS was given an opportunity to speak her feelings on? (It should have been!) Suffice it to say that if MS told JS of the abuse at any time post-2019, JS allowing him back into the home, whether they were “dating” or not, is unacceptable and should be treated as such.

Attachments

• IMG_7288.jpeg
    IMG_7288.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 10
his parents could've well been like family to MS as well, i wonder if his dad visited to tell him his pure disgust with his son. MOO
Well, considering his mother allegedly paid off a roommate who lived in a home owned by the father not to say anything when SS was in his mid-twenties and had P___ with children in it stored in a folder on a shared network, I wonder why SS parents would think it was OK for SS to have access to MS in the first place?

I would be really surprised if SS had no access/contact with MS during the times they were broken up since the callers who were recent/current friends of SS to Gray Hughes all mentioned finding it odd how SS had this "close bond" with his ex-gf's daughter, how he was talking with her, things like that.

I will be really surprised if there isn't more SA out there on another device, or it happened and wasn't documented.

Why did SS toss MS laptop in the dumpster? Or her backpack? What was that about??
I didn’t dive too far into the latest affidavit w/ 60 counts, but were all counts from material found on his phone or were they also from other devices pulled from the home? If these were fully from his phone, I shudder to think what else is out there on other devices formerly in his possession.

For MS’s laptop and backpack… IMO, he needed to get rid of her belongings because he said he drove her to school, so she should have had these particular items with her. A hasty and shoddy attempt to rid himself of evidence.

I didn’t dive too far into the latest affidavit w/ 60 counts, but were all counts from material found on his phone or were they also from other devices pulled from the home? If these were fully from his phone, I shudder to think what else is out there on other devices formerly in his possession.

For MS’s laptop and backpack… IMO, he needed to get rid of her belongings because he said he drove her to school, so she should have had these particular items with her. A hasty and shoddy attempt to rid himself of evidence.
There is no reference in the affidavit as to where the material was found. Surely LE went through all of his known devices before filing the new (60) charges, but I don’t think there has been any mention anywhere of where the materials were found.

As far as we know right now, it was only the phone, but of course it’s certainly possible they were able to go through other devices and we just don’t know about them yet. If so, though, I believe a search warrant to do so would be public by now and I haven’t seen one.

I guess what I’m saying is that we don’t know what we don’t know and the absence of images of abuse from a given time period doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t still happening—or even that it wasn’t still being recorded. Even while JS and SS were broken up, it seems SS had some level of access to MS, however sporadic.

Worse still, even if law enforcement gets (or has already gotten) a hold of every single electronic storage device SS owned at the time Maddy disappeared and doesn’t find anything else, there could still be/have been more out there on devices SS has gotten rid of, or—if he ever shared any of it with other people—on devices of totally unknown persons.

Last edited:
Vinnie Politan on his youtube channel explained why the autopsy report could be being held back from the public. It has to do with the Florida Sunshine Law being changed to allow a parent or a family member to have control of the autopsy being released to the public. He postulated that LE could be holding back on releasing it either because JS requested this or out of concern LE could be sued and maybe they are just being cautious. He went on to add a formal request by a news agency or whoever could request the release, but didn't know how that would turn out.Depending on how things work out, the autopsy may not become available until someone is tried for MS's murder is a possibility.
If JS is being investigated for possible involvement, can they also withhold the COD from her? Maybe only tell bio dad? Or how does this work if parent is being investigated?
We have to learn how to recognize the signs of a child possibly living with abuse and find ways to help them feel safe to recognize it’s wrong, and share with a trusted adult. It makes me so sad that children live with this.
it makes me mad when adults are told and then fail to act or protect. Some mention it to the parent and then assume it’s dealt with. Some bring it to CPS and call it a day. But rarely does anyone follow up.

Last edited:
If JS is being investigated for possible involvement, can they also withhold the COD from her? Maybe only tell bio dad? Or how does this work if parent is being investigated?

it makes me mad when adults are told and then fail to act or protect. Some mention it to the parent and then assume it’s dealt with. Some bring it to CPS and call it a day. But rarely does anyone follow up.

I'm not speaking from knowledge about what is and isn't legal. But IMO until she is arrested I would think that she gets all that any other grieving parent would receive. This could be a real sticky situation. As it stands right now, I'm in the dark as to who actually murdered MS and am hoping LE is looking really hard at not just SS but also JS.

hoping LE is looking really hard at not just SS but also JS.
Doesn't the fact that JS thought Maddy was wearing black shorts strongly suggest that JS was not involved in the murder, nor did she see the body afterward? Unless she was far more clever than I've personally ever thought JS to be.

Doesn't the fact that JS thought Maddy was wearing black shorts strongly suggest that JS was not involved in the murder, nor did she see the body afterward? Unless she was far more clever than I've personally ever thought JS to be.

IMO I see that statement as just another inconsistency uttered by JS.

That doesn’t move the needle for me. Maddie may have been dressed by Stephan alone after the murder.

I haven’t seen the original description, does anyone have it? I’m wondering if the person in that grainy video was wearing shorts and she changed it to match.

If she was clever she would have kept her lies straight. I’m by no means convinced she was involved the actual murder, but she was deceptive for a reason, which is obviously a crime in and of itself.

This is an interesting angle that I hadn't thought about.

A common take here is that JS was lying about what MS was wearing because she was lying about seeing her getting ready in the morning. I took JS's statements about what MS was wearing to mean that that is what she was told by the last person to have seen MS (SS) and anything more than that. LE was also reporting that that was what MS was last seen wearing, and no one has suggest they were "lying" about it.

But if JS was saying she saw MS get ready in the morning (which based on the incident report it seems like she did say, but I'm still hedging until her actual words are known), she would know what MS was wearing. If JS participated in MS's murder or the subsequent cover up, she would also probably know what MS was wearing (MOO, but I don't believe if JS is involved that she would be willing to participate without seeing MS's body). So if she was lying about seeing MS in the morning in order to cover up that MS was already (allegedly) dead, why wouldn't she get the clothing right?

Thank you, this is very helpful!

I am basically trying to figure out if JS and SS were broken up during the pandemic or if that was a peaceful period because something changed in the normal day to day routine because of the pandemic. I originally wondered if Maddie had told her mother at some point after the 2019 abuse and JS/SS were broken up during that time because of that but I am not so sure. I know someone had mentioned a video where his friends say the two were often broken up. I just can’t understand how it could have come back and intensified after that if JS was on notice (aside from the obvious).

I am wondering if there is another reason that is pandemic related that our poor girl had a period of peace such as SS working in a necessary job, JS working remotely so that she would have been home during his normal abuse periods, or Maddie doing online school such that laptop cams were frequently on in the home to dissuade him. I have also wondered if that gap is because maybe Maddie was sent to quarantine with another relative if they were in a high risk spot (I remember at one point, my city was the second hotspot behind some city in Florida but I don’t recall which one it was).
I just trip out she never looked at his phone and computer? Especially if they were off and on again. You know people like to peep each others stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member