Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but I wasn’t referring to ignorance of an existing law. I was referring to a law - or rather a penalty - that didn’t exist when the crimes were committed.
Photo, you barely missed the bullseye.
What SS is exposed to is the penalty schedule that existed prior to Oct 1, 2023. Obviously SA on a minor has been a felony for the duration of this country's legal system. The charges for SS will have to be tried according to laws as they were at the time of the offense, and I have not researched them. But I would think if the age qualifier was in place prior to 2023, that all incidents that occurred before February 22nd, 2023 (when Madeline turned 12) would be considered at sentencing one way; and those that occurred between February 23, 2023 and February 26, 2024 would be considered as victimizing a minor between the ages of 12 and 18. The description of the charges reflect that.
The earliest charges date to 2019 and its possible there were changes to the laws between then and February of 2023; which means there could even be a third penalty schedule applied to the earliest crimes even though the charges read exactly the same. Don't know myself.
Something I found interesting: there are no charges between Jul 12, 2019 and July 22, 2022 except one: Number 20, on March 21, 2022. Prior to it: the charges are in chronological order, and all were in the months of June, July and August. That one date stands out...with no context for why.

Other WSers have posted about the Jul 19 through Mar 22 Interval: If that represents a period where SS and JS were off-again, in relationship terms, its quite an interval presuming that indicates they re-established their relationship after a nearly 3-year hiatus. One would have to think the state investigators would want to know how SS was sating his twisted cravings for that period.
A timeline that needs to be established: When were JS and SS an item; and when did SS dwell in the same house as MS. Apparently those intervals deviate or are irregular in the extreme.
Also there was a post that listed the dates of the incidents with the days of the week; and there seemed to be a pattern...as in, on Tuesdays and Fridays for some 5-weeks in 2023 if I recall. I can't find it now: anyone point me to that post?

This is a panel with different experts and Gray Hughes. It includes a few snippets from callers to GH such as Ryan, the one who knew SS as a very young teen.

A timeline that needs to be established: When were JS and SS an item; and when did SS dwell in the same house as MS. Apparently those intervals deviate or are irregular in the extreme.
Also there was a post that listed the dates of the incidents with the days of the week; and there seemed to be a pattern...as in, on Tuesdays and Fridays for some 5-weeks in 2023 if I recall. I can't find it now: anyone point me to that post?

i have a chart and have done some work on this and here's what I've got so far (not comprehensive) as to when JS and SS were dating:
  • This is where he calls her an ex. It was on 5/23/23 at 10:00 p.m. exactly. The abuse will pick back up almost exactly 3 weeks later by the chart I made, since the abuse starts back on June 14, 2023. Sure enough, on July 10, 2023, he's back to referring to Maddie as his step-daughter (oh, how I hate that).
There is no other reference I’ve found to her as an ex but here is where he suggests they’re “on” again:
I also went through the dates he abused her and posted. Let's start here, if I don't mention an abuse date, he did not post on that date:
[Hat tip to @Hestia's Fire for the suggestion to use Redective!]

*Deleted means the original post is deleted but his comments are still there if you scroll down.

Attachments

• IMG_7288.jpeg
    IMG_7288.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Photo, you barely missed the bullseye.
What SS is exposed to is the penalty schedule that existed prior to Oct 1, 2023. Obviously SA on a minor has been a felony for the duration of this country's legal system. The charges for SS will have to be tried according to laws as they were at the time of the offense, and I have not researched them. But I would think if the age qualifier was in place prior to 2023, that all incidents that occurred before February 22nd, 2023 (when Madeline turned 12) would be considered at sentencing one way; and those that occurred between February 23, 2023 and February 26, 2024 would be considered as victimizing a minor between the ages of 12 and 18. The description of the charges reflect that.
The earliest charges date to 2019 and its possible there were changes to the laws between then and February of 2023; which means there could even be a third penalty schedule applied to the earliest crimes even though the charges read exactly the same. Don't know myself.
Something I found interesting: there are no charges between Jul 12, 2019 and July 22, 2022 except one: Number 20, on March 21, 2022. Prior to it: the charges are in chronological order, and all were in the months of June, July and August. That one date stands out...with no context for why.

Other WSers have posted about the Jul 19 through Mar 22 Interval: If that represents a period where SS and JS were off-again, in relationship terms, its quite an interval presuming that indicates they re-established their relationship after a nearly 3-year hiatus. One would have to think the state investigators would want to know how SS was sating his twisted cravings for that period.
Summer (no school) and maybe mom had to work? Spring break? Not sure when that is for Florida.

Today is "Felony Friday." Do we think we'll see anything interesting happen today?
Wow at holier than thou SS. Badmouthing someone for having a dead-end career. Sounds like he was talking about himself there. He's a real piece of work.
This doesn't surprise me...it 100% checks out. IME the lowliest bums can be the most entitled, aggressive, and holier-than-thou people on the face of the planet. Lots I want to say but I would get a mod snippy snippy.

I work in healthcare and as unfortunate as this sounds it has increased my cynicism tenfold. I briefly considered becoming LE when I was younger and I can't imagine how much worse I would probably be right now if I did.

Summer (no school) and maybe mom had to work? Spring break? Not sure when that is for Florida.
What I would really like is another Florida resident to talk about what restrictions were in place during the pandemic generally. We all know that it varied state by state, but does anyone know, for example, if Disney was allowing remote work for certain positions? Was e-learning encouraged/mandatory for some period like it was in my state? I wonder if that would explain that 2020 to 2021 period of peace a little better.

Let me try to be more clear.

A statute of limitations tells you how long after a crime was committed (or depending upon how a statute is written, how long after the crime was discovered to have been committed) you can still charge a person with that crime.

That has nothing to do with what penalty will apply to a person convicted. The question that has arisen was whether the new statute enacted in 2023 making certain CSAM death-penalty eligible would be applicable to the penalty for crimes committed prior to enactment. In general, it is not possible to retroactively apply a penalty to a crime that was committed prior to the penalty becoming available - i.e., he would not be death penalty eligible for crimes committed prior to that new statute's effectiveness.
This is the correct (and most concisely stated) answer. He will not be charged with the DP for these crimes but, just wait, more charges will undoubtedly be coming.

It is also worth mentioning that there is a certain legal process that must be followed by prosecution when the DP is sought. That process is important because when prosecutors begin filing the documents seeking the death penalty, that is generally when you begin to see a lot of pleas. He may plead guilty just to be sentenced down to LWOP.

We need to mentally prepare ourselves for either outcome and view either one as a win. I believe that sometimes the death penalty can be an “out” for these monsters. As much as I would love to see him ride the lightning just like the rest of you (I volunteer to pay the power bill if I can throw the switch!) I also am equally fine with karma forcing him to reap what he has sown in prison for the rest of his miserable existence.

Correct me if I’m wrong.. I was under the impression that a capital offence is one that is punishable by the death penalty ? SS is charged with several capital offences.

Edited to add link to sexual battery statute
I have worked in IT for many years. The fact that the crimes listed are indicated as Capital Offenses is likely due to a limitation of the software they use to generate the report. When making an entry for an arrest or case they select each criminal statute that applies from a list. The information about the statute comes from that list (or more accurately table in the database). In most cases the properties about the statutes would always include the most recent info so it would indicate that these crimes are currently Capital Crimes. It would be much more complicated programmatically and for the user if the system tried to infer what the statute was at the time the crime was committed. So the “C” indication is due to this limitation but does not apply for this particular record.

I have worked in IT for many years. The fact that the crimes listed are indicated as Capital Offenses is likely due to a limitation of the software they use to generate the report. When making an entry for an arrest or case they select each criminal statute that applies from a list. The information about the statute comes from that list (or more accurately table in the database). In most cases the properties about the statutes would always include the most recent info so it would indicate that these crimes are currently Capital Crimes. It would be much more complicated programmatically and for the user if the system tried to infer what the statute was at the time the crime was committed. So the “C” indication is due to this limitation but does not apply for this particular record.
Thank you so very much! Totally makes sense!

What I would really like is another Florida resident to talk about what restrictions were in place during the pandemic generally. We all know that it varied state by state, but does anyone know, for example, if Disney was allowing remote work for certain positions? Was e-learning encouraged/mandatory for some period like it was in my state? I wonder if that would explain that 2020 to 2021 period of peace a little better.
I think schools remained open in FL at least for my little cousins.

i have a chart and have done some work on this and here's what I've got so far (not comprehensive) as to when JS and SS were dating:
  • This is where he calls her an ex. It was on 5/23/23 at 10:00 p.m. exactly. The abuse will pick back up almost exactly 3 weeks later by the chart I made, since the abuse starts back on June 14, 2023. Sure enough, on July 10, 2023, he's back to referring to Maddie as his step-daughter (oh, how I hate that).
There is no other reference I’ve found to her as an ex but here is where he suggests they’re “on” again:
I also went through the dates he abused her and posted. Let's start here, if I don't mention an abuse date, he did not post on that date:

*Deleted means the original post is deleted but his comments are still there if you scroll down.
Awesome work. Thanks for doing that.

I'm in SWFL. The restrictions here initially were tight. Schools immediately went online, businesses essentially closed up shop. Take out food became the norm. Certain hours for the grocery store based on letting the immune-compromised / elderly in first, then the remaining population.

Most offices had minimal onsite staff. Everyone else was remote immediately. A lot of them still are remote. Schools went back in the fall with the kids wearing masks. But some families found their kids excelled better at online school. Particularly older students.

By summer, the powers that be realized the tourist trade (our bread & butter) tanked way too much. So pretty much everything opened back up over the summer. A lot of the restaurants never recovered and closed. Many small businesses closed up shop or went online only. The bigger places, like Walmart & Target were open but limited people were allowed in at a time.

Nobody pays any attention to Covid now. Well, except people like me, because I'm immune-compromised and have ongoing cancer treatment.

Vinnie Politan on his youtube channel explained why the autopsy report could be being held back from the public. It has to do with the Florida Sunshine Law being changed to allow a parent or a family member to have control of the autopsy being released to the public. He postulated that LE could be holding back on releasing it either because JS requested this or out of concern LE could be sued and maybe they are just being cautious. He went on to add a formal request by a news agency or whoever could request the release, but didn't know how that would turn out.Depending on how things work out, the autopsy may not become available until someone is tried for MS's murder is a possibility.

Wow - nice work!!

I'm in SWFL. The restrictions here initially were tight. Schools immediately went online, businesses essentially closed up shop. Take out food became the norm. Certain hours for the grocery store based on letting the immune-compromised / elderly in first, then the remaining population.

Most offices had minimal onsite staff. Everyone else was remote immediately. A lot of them still are remote. Schools went back in the fall with the kids wearing masks. But some families found their kids excelled better at online school. Particularly older students.

By summer, the powers that be realized the tourist trade (our bread & butter) tanked way too much. So pretty much everything opened back up over the summer. A lot of the restaurants never recovered and closed. Many small businesses closed up shop or went online only. The bigger places, like Walmart & Target were open but limited people were allowed in at a time.

Nobody pays any attention to Covid now. Well, except people like me, because I'm immune-compromised and have ongoing cancer treatment.
Chiming in as a fellow Floridian with kids, this is spot on
And sending you good vibes & healing @PayrollNerd

Thank you, this is very helpful!

I am basically trying to figure out if JS and SS were broken up during the pandemic or if that was a peaceful period because something changed in the normal day to day routine because of the pandemic. I originally wondered if Maddie had told her mother at some point after the 2019 abuse and JS/SS were broken up during that time because of that but I am not so sure. I know someone had mentioned a video where his friends say the two were often broken up. I just can’t understand how it could have come back and intensified after that if JS was on notice (aside from the obvious).

I am wondering if there is another reason that is pandemic related that our poor girl had a period of peace such as SS working in a necessary job, JS working remotely so that she would have been home during his normal abuse periods, or Maddie doing online school such that laptop cams were frequently on in the home to dissuade him. I have also wondered if that gap is because maybe Maddie was sent to quarantine with another relative if they were in a high risk spot (I remember at one point, my city was the second hotspot behind some city in Florida but I don’t recall which one it was).

Can also compare with the caller to Gray Hughes who gives a timeline of where SS was living/when around the 12:20 minute mark. (I can never get links to start/stop at right place, not sure why, sorry.!) It then transitions right into an age appropriate woman hitting on SS when they were out at a bar, and SS not being interested ...SS told Frank, who knew SS was single that he had a "spicy Latina from Kissimee..." I hope he meant JS even though they were not together and Frank knew about JS, but......" (yuck is where my mind went here.....)

Can also compare with the caller to Gray Hughes who gives a timeline of where SS was living/when around the 12:20 minute mark. (I can never get links to start/stop at right place, not sure why, sorry.!) It then transitions right into an age appropriate woman hitting on SS when they were out at a bar, and SS not being interested ...SS told Frank, who knew SS was single that he had a "spicy Latina from Kissimee..." I hope he meant JS even though they were not together and Frank knew about JS, but......" (yuck is where my mind went here.....)

So three years ago when dude met him (2021) they were broken up and he was at his folks’ and that may explain the peace period.

Then by two years ago (2022) he was back at JS’ place he was moved in. That tracks with the abuse picking up then.And six months later (late 2022 or possibly 2023 because we know he was referring to her as an ex in May 2023) they broke up again but he stayed at JS (in a guest room) working at Disney.

Then he says three to four months ago (end of 2023) he moved back to his parents and he came back the week before. He’d apparently lost a lot of weight upon his return and there’s speculation he was abusing his ADHD meds (note: not as an excuse but to add another layer of possible understanding, it is well documented that abusing ADHD meds causes symptoms of paranoia and aggression).

This definitely clears it up for me: it wasn’t the pandemic, the abuse seems to line up with when JS was allowing him in the home around MS. He abused her upon every single opportunity he was in her physical presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flying_fox1