LA LA - Willard "Bill" Daspit Jr, 58, going to his camp 3 doors away, dirt bike & glasses found in wreck 100 yds from home, Coteau Holmes, 9 Sep 2023

Willard Daspit, crashed his motorcycle, afterward
seen walking westwards, possibly then intending to
walk to St Martinville to seek medical attention,
lastly seen walking eastwards on Banker Rd (aka
Par Rd 4);
30°08'01.4"N 91°46'00.9"W · 1527-1505 Par Rd 4, St Martinville, LA 70582
possibly then intending to return to his residence
about Bayou Alexander Highway.

What do we know about him? From the 1st post in
this thread,"He grew up on a motorcycle from the
age of 3". Therefore, probably accustomed to
riding a motorcycle about the area - such a
person may learn 'shortcuts' or prefer to ride
their motorcycle quickly via backroads/tracks.

A point to be made, rather than travelling all
along Banker Rd, if instead you left Banker Rd in
the part where it makes a turn to the north and
travelled via backtracks to Kramer Rd, you might
save almost half a mile travel distance. Perhaps
this was what Willard Daspit was accustomed to do
on his motorbike and perhaps what he choose to do
whilst walking eastwards.

That could mean that his remains may lay on one
of many backtracks, some way away from Banker Rd,
where he possibly lapsed into a diabetic coma or
he collapsed as a result of delayed concussion or
in the dark he stepped on a cottonmouth which
worsened the medical problems he was experiencing.

From that spot where Banker Rd turns to the north,
these seem to be likely tracks he might take (ignore
the distance markings, take note of the black routes):
some possible routes Banker Rd bend to Kramer Rd.JPG
Another possibility is that he turned south at the
Banker Rd and Francis Loop intersection, intending
to move partly south along Francis Loop then select
any of several tracks that lead east off Francis
Loop, which would add to the possible tracks he
might have taken:
some possible routes including via Francis Loop.JPG
Evidently, the exact location of where he was last
seen on Banker Rd
could constrain where, or if, he
is on any of the above suggested routes.

Last edited:
It‘s been a while since Daspit’s case has received virtually little to no coverage by the local news agencies. I believe he will be found in the cane fields or marshy land along the water.

This is from the St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office FB page:

”Investigators located video surveillance in the area which showed him walking in the roadway by the Coteau Holmes Fire Station at approximately 3:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.“

So, yes, at least that sighting seems to have been confirmed.
Omg, and seen sitting in the ditch around 8:30 PM. Seems he was wandering around all day, seen by multiple people. Did his wife go look for him? If so seems she would’ve found him.
ETA: I read back and saw his wife had gone to the camp looking for him, but not until that night. I haven’t seen anything about whether he had a cell phone with him.

Omg, and seen sitting in the ditch around 8:30 PM. Seems he was wandering around all day, seen by multiple people. Did his wife go look for him? If so seems she would’ve found him.
ETA: I read back and saw his wife had gone to the camp looking for him, but not until that night. I haven’t seen anything about whether he had a cell phone with him.
So sad that he didn't duck into the fire station.

LOUISIANA (KLFY) — After five months, the search for missing St. Martin Parish man Willard Daspit Jr. continues in Lafayette. His wife, Lara Daspit, took it upon herself to expand the search for her husband, using billboards across the city to get his face out to the public more.

“I believe this will [work],” she said. “This is going to reach enough people and get enough people talking that somebody is going to know and have heard something.”

LOUISIANA (KLFY) — After five months, the search for missing St. Martin Parish man Willard Daspit Jr. continues in Lafayette. His wife, Lara Daspit, took it upon herself to expand the search for her husband, using billboards across the city to get his face out to the public more.

“I believe this will [work],” she said. “This is going to reach enough people and get enough people talking that somebody is going to know and have heard something.”

I watched last night’s news clip. I hope billboards also went up in the St. Martinville-New Iberia areas.

Mr. Daspit's wife posted this on Facebook...

Still missing! Willard "Bill" Daspit Jr. Brown gray hair. Green eyes that the pupils are mishapened = looks like cat pupils. 5"10 approx 200- 260 pounds. Probably has beard and curly hair grown out. Please HELP AND SHARE POST!! Thank you! We believe that he was kidnapped because he didn't take his truck so didn't leave in right mind and was picked up by a white? car around 10:30 pm Sept 10th 2023
#helpusfindbilldaspit
#missingperson
#missingpersoncases
#kidnappedhusband

What's really going on here?

Feb 22, 2024 article - I am not familiar with the case so unsure if this contains any new information.

[…]

His motorcycle was found lying in a ditch wrecked the following morning about 100 yards from their home, previous reporting said. His thick-lens glasses were on the ground alongside his helmet. With no eye drops for his glaucoma and his glasses missing, his disorientation could have been exacerbated by a possible head injury and drop in blood sugar from diabetes, she said.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back