George has Casey's car destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because that car is very sensitive to some people. If this was done quietly, nobody would have known about it for awhile (think Dr Phil show). Its only until their PR team announces every move they make that some here want to give them the side eye. Personally, I think every move they make has an agenda - but I do feel that we'll grow weary of them soon and they'll fade away.

BBM

Respectfully, with the amount of media that follows this case and aftermath like a virus, I don't think that's possible. It may have taken a day or two, but someone would had found out that car was totaled.

I completely understand why they had the media there when this was done. Had they not, people would be forever speculating on what they did with the car, how much money they made from it. Really - why wouldn't they make this public along with proof?

Why must it be an either/or situation in their minds? Who's to say they don't believe either a) she drowned and b) FCA put Caylee in the trunk? What if they have their own 'C' theory?

They why do they get rid of the car? Why wouldn't they?

I think because in the court of law, the defense presented their defense. If the A's don't believe that, then what are the alternatives? perhaps what the evidence suggested. She murdered her daughter. There is no other reason to lie about what happend.

How about quietly get rid of it, no press, no nothing. That would have been fine. Don't even tell anyone they had it and got rid of it. Heck, I'm sure the police would have been glad to to have it towed from them to where it was crushed to keep it quiet. And maybe they should wait until asked later on the down the road about the car and don't talk much about it. Instead, they made it a public spectacle to make themselves look better so more people will donate. It seems keeping things private is just not what they do. I could respect them, maybe a little, had they kept this private. This didn't need to be public at all, but they made it public anyway.

I'm reading this thread backwards so saw this after my post above.

If they would have done what you suggest above, they would have never been believed that the car was scrapped. People would have assumed that they made a huge amount of money selling the car.

It seems no matter what they do, how they do it, there will always be criticism. I'm not sticking up for them but in this case I believe they did the correct thing.

Right! So.... why get rid of the pool? CA and GA were not in lock step with the defense. The defense is saying Caylee drowned in the pool... not the Anthonys.

Just wondering out loud then where did the DT get the pictures of (1) Caylee standing at the sliding-glass door, (2) several pictures of Caylee walking up the ladder with CA behind her, etc., and who was testifying on the stand while JB talked about these pictures that implicated that Caylee drowned in the pool, which he stated in his opening statement? who was on the stand discussing in great length these pool pictures and corroborated JB's opening statement that Caylee drowned in the pool on June 16, 2008? IMO, MOO, etc.

BBM

Respectfully, with the amount of media that follows this case and aftermath like a virus, I don't think that's possible. It may have taken a day or two, but someone would had found out that car was totaled.

Yes, it may have taken a day or two, or more, or without any fanfare it would have been a small blimp on a newsflash. But, what we know happened was a news crew and their ever-present attorney were there - so we knew about it as it happened.

Yes, it may have taken a day or two, or more, or without any fanfare it would have been a small blimp on a newsflash. But, what we know happened was a news crew and their ever-present attorney were there - so we knew about it as it happened.

are some of you guys watching a different video than i am? if they did call the media, they sure didn't do it fast enough. they missed the money shot! all the media has is the aftermath. there isn't footage of the car being towed into the lot..there isn't footage of the car getting crushed..there is no footage of lippman..can someone point me toward the evidence that the a's called the media?

I think because in the court of law, the defense presented their defense. If they don't believe that, then what are the alternatives? perhaps what the evidence suggested. She murdered her daughter. There is no other reason to lie about what happend.

IMO I believe they do think FCA is responsible for Caylee's death (this will probably be the bombshell on Dr. phil). Whether they think their granddaughter was in the trunk is another story.

BTW that's what will get viewers (even those who say they won't watch) the interview, if they tease that the A's will reveal what they think about their daughters responsibility for Caylee's death.

Just wondering out loud then where did the DT get the pictures of (1) Caylee standing at the sliding-glass door, (2) several pictures of Caylee walking up the ladder with CA behind her, etc., and who was testifying on the stand while JB talked about these pictures that implicated that Caylee drowned in the pool, which he stated in his opening statement? who was on the stand discussing in great length these pool pictures and corroborated JB's opening statement that Caylee drowned in the pool on June 16, 2008? IMO, MOO, etc.

As I stated before, I don't know where they got the pictures of Caylee standing by the door and climbing up the pool ladder. Probably CA. But, if they're asked for or subpoenaed as evidence, should she not hand them over? I don't remember either CA or GA saying on the stand that Caylee drowned in the pool.

Bold by me

And what would the complaint have been today? The A's were sneaking around! Why do something under the radar if you're not hiding something? :floorlaugh:

Well I don't think there would have been any complaint today as we would not have known anything about the car crushing, if the press had not been called. IMO, MOO, etc.

IMO I believe they do think FCA is responsible for Caylee's death (this will probably be the bombshell on Dr. phil). Whether they think their granddaughter was in the trunk is another story.

BTW that's what will get viewers (even those who say they won't watch) the interview, if they tease that the A's will reveal what they think about their daughters responsibility for Caylee's death.

I won't watch. Don't want to watch. I can't empathize with them. I just would not do what they did to protect my daughter. I don't care if they come out and say "we saw her do it" . it doesn't mean a thing.

As I stated before, I don't know where they got the pictures of Caylee standing by the door and climbing up the pool ladder. Probably CA. But, if they're asked for or subpeonaed as evidence, should she not hand them over? I don't remember either CA or GA saying on the stand that Caylee drowned in the pool.

I think, the pictures of Caylee by the door and going into the pool, were shots taken out of a home video that the Anthonys had. I watched the video of them going into the pool somewhere, just don't remember where..Its been awhile.

As I stated before, I don't know where they got the pictures of Caylee standing by the door and climbing up the pool ladder. Probably CA. But, if they're asked for or subpeonaed as evidence, should she not hand them over? I don't remember either CA or GA saying on the stand that Caylee drowned in the pool.

I used the word "implicated", CA's lying when she said she called GA about the pool ladder being left up, when it was proven there was no call to GA that day from CA's cell phone records, and CA going on and on and on while she was on the witness stand testifying about how Caylee could open the sliding glass door and climb up the ladder by herself, created part of the reasonable doubt the jury used to let FCA go free. I never said either one of them "stated" that Caylee drowned. CA contributed in large part, probably in "whole" part, to letting JB's opening statement that Caylee definitely drowned in the pool on July 16 stand. I agree with others who said CA probably said she would not agree to testify about GA sexually abusing FCA, therefore JB could not talk about that in his closing arguments, IMO, MOO. etc.

and the talk about the A's having the pool taken down has been an "analogy" all along.

IMO, MOO, etc.

I'm pretty sure the car was released to the Anthony's not too long ago. The Anthony's would have paid the tow fee to the junk yard.

What were they supposed to do with the car? Leave it in the garage? Park it in the driveway? On the street? Sell it? Give it away? Crush it? Which one makes the most sense when it is a constant reminder?

Why not quietly donate the car to a worthwhile charity? Without fanfare, why not try to help any one of a number of worthwhile charities listed in the Orlando, Florida phone book?

Would it have taken any more time to call the Make A Wish Foundation than to call the local media and announce their action?

http://florida.wheelsforwishes.org/

I used the word "implicated", CA's lying when she said she called GA about the pool ladder being left up, when it was proven there was no call to GA that day from CA's cell phone records, and CA going on and on and on while she was on the witness stand testifying about how Caylee could open the sliding glass door and climb up the ladder by herself, created part of the reasonable doubt the jury used to let FCA go free. I never said either one of them "stated" that Caylee drowned. CA contributed in large part, probably in "whole" part, to letting JB's opening statement that Caylee definitely drowned in the pool on July 16 stand. I agree with others who said CA probably said she would not agree to testify about GA sexually abusing FCA, therefore JB could not talk about that in his closing arguments, IMO, MOO. etc.

and the talk about the A's having the pool taken down has been an "analogy" all along.

IMO, MOO, etc.

How do you know she didn't call from her work phone?

Why not quietly donate the car to a worthwhile charity? Without fanfare, why not try to help any one of a number of worthwhile charities listed in the Orlando, Florida phone book?

Would it have taken any more time to call the Make A Wish Foundation than to call the local media and announce their action?

Would you buy and drive around in a car that smells like human decomp?

Would you want your kid or yourself to drive around in a car that anyone following this case would recognize? I imagine it would be vandalized a lot.

Was it worth more than even a $1,000? Does anyone remember the year of that car?

I think, the pictures of Caylee by the door and going into the pool, were shots taken out of a home video that the Anthonys had. I watched the video of them going into the pool somewhere, just don't remember where..Its been awhile.

I don't know... I had never seen either pic before the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member