IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

http://www.wave3.com/global/story.asp?s=3647224

Floyd County prosecutors were in court this morning for the latest development in the Camm family murder case. David Camm will be tried in Warrick County for the murders of his wife and two children, and prosecutors want the trial of accused co-conspirator, Charles Boney, to be moved there as well.

I also live within a couple miles of New Albany & have followed this case. I knew from the day he went on TV saying, "I just want my family back" trying to boo hoo and couldn't. I told hubby, "that guy did it!" The faking of emotions always gives them away. I just finished the book "One Deadly Night" and it had a lot of info I didn't know.

That book said his older daughter & ex-wife sat with the Renn family during the trial and supported them. His daughter did faint after the verdict, but supposedly she loved Kim & the kids and I guess thought her dad could have done it.

One other thing that is so strange to me is: In the book, they said David Camm was the first officer to arrive at the scene of an awful murder here in 1992, Shanda Sharer, 12.. I worked w/Shanda's mom at the time. (This murder is just as horrific). The strange thing is at the time of the Camm murders, Shanda's mom had dedicated her life to victims and was the legal secrertary/assistant of Stan Faith in the first trial. She still works for him though he isn't the city pros. anymore. We had dinner a couple times in the last couple months & she never mentioned the Shanda/Camm connection, but told us there is NO DOUBT he did it. She also said she was so tired of locals blaming Stan for the missing DNA of Boney in the first trial. She said they sent the shirt to the lab, told them what tests to do & check for matches. They told them there were no matches. As she said, that's all the prosecutor can do, they can't say, "Look guys, I know there's a match in the system, keep testing till you find one." They have to go by what the crime lab tells them. The info. had been backed up & Boney's DNa was not in the systemt then. She said Camm winked & tried to flirt w/one of the juror's in the first trial (I had heard that elsewhere too) and actually propositioned one of the female guards in the Floyd Co. jail while ON TRIAL!!

Sorry so long, but one more thing. She said Stan Faith had been Boney's lawyer years ago and a week or so before this DNA match, she & Stan had lunch w/Boney & his mom. Said he was the most soft spoken, polite and seemingly nice guy you'd want to meet. Little did she know and it really spooked her. Would me too. That woman is the strongest person I know (you might want to look up Shanda's murder on the net) that her mom could get through that and go on to do speeches in schools, and is really living her life to help other victim's families know life can go on, not ever the same, but it WILL go on.

He will be convicted again, I just know it!

I recently picked up the book "One Deadly Night" at the airport to read on the plane. I couldn't put it down, not even on vacation. I had only heard of the Cam case briefly before I read the book as I didn't catch the whole 48 Hours special. There are a lot of details in the book that I don't think come across in this thread or on the internet. I would recommend that anyone who is interested in this case read the book.

:twocents: My two cents are that David Cam definitely murdered his wife and two children. I didn't just form this opinion from reading the book, although it helped cement it for me, I thought he was guilty from the moment I saw him trying to drum up fake emotions a la Susan Smith. On a side note, I dated a homicide detective for several years and one of the cases that he was assigned involved a fellow officer who was suspected of killing his wife. It has never been proven, but everyone is pretty sure he did it. We knew this officer as we kind of ran in the same social circles, being cops and all, and I have to say that this guy and David Cam could be one and the same. As I read the book I thought I was reading about him.

Wierd about the Shanda Sharer connection. That was such a horrific crime, almost to horrific to read about. Her mother must be a strong and wonderful person to do the work that she does. Any updates on the girl's that committed Shanda's murder? What is thier prison status?

Toni Lawrence, the one who first went to police, got out in 2000 and went back to Madison, IN to live. I heard she had trouble finding a job (good). Last thing I heard was she had married.

Melinda Loveless & Laurie Tackett (the main torturers) have both been in trouble in prison, so at least they won't get their terms cut in half for good behavior. They got 60 years each in 1992 so it will be at least 2052 before they can get out.

I haven't heard anything about Hope Rippey, but she got 50 or 60 years and is still in prison.

Interesting majcm. I didn't know about the Camm-Shanda connection. I guess I need to pick up that book.

http://www.news-tribune.net/articles/2005/07/28/news/new_albany_tribune/news03.txt

Floyd County Circuit Court Judge J. Terrence Cody did not set a new trial date for Boney, saying only that postponing the trial date to the Spring of 2006 as public defender Patrick Renn had requested "might be a bit of stretch."
"I won't be ready in the fall and, in all likelihood, I won't be ready until next Spring," Renn said.

Newswolf,

Tell me more about this connection between Camm/Shanda. I just read a link about her murder in 2000 that someone here posted but would like to know how Camm fits in with this murder.

Thanks,

S

sue1017 said:
Newswolf,

Tell me more about this connection between Camm/Shanda. I just read a link about her murder in 2000 that someone here posted but would like to know how Camm fits in with this murder.

Thanks,

S

Hi Sue, just what I read in post 162, that he was the first trooper at the Shanda murder scene. Just an odd thing, that he would be at that poor little girl's murder, and then later murder his own kids and wife.

Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson has decided not to appeal a ruling last week that prevents him from trying Charles D. Boney and David Camm together.

Chief Deputy Prosecutor Steve Owen said yesterday that his office will move forward with separate trials -- Boney's in Floyd County and Camm's in Warrick County.

Camm's trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 9. Boney's trial has been postponed to give Renn more time to prepare.

Renn said Cody has scheduled a pretrial conference for Sept. 6 to decide on a trial date for Boney.

Renn said yesterday that he has received no information from the prosecutor's office about its investigation of Boney and has thus been unable to do much work on his defense.
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050804/NEWS02/508040400

I hope that Camm's jury doesn't buy the story that Boney committed the murders. Common sense question would be: What was the motive for Boney to commit the murders??

IMO, they both were there and did the crime, with Camm having the motive.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050907/NEWS02/509070424

A Jan. 9 trial date has been set in Charles D. Boney's murder case -- the same day that alleged co-conspirator David Camm is scheduled for trial 95 miles away in Warrick County.
Floyd Circuit Judge J. Terrence Cody's announcement yesterday culminated weeks of procedural wrangling, as prosecutors had attempted unsuccessfully to try Boney with Camm.

Thank you for that update! I purchased the book a while back, and read it from cover to cover in one day. Very fascinating, and I can't wait to see what the trial brings. IMO, Camm is guilty.

Newswolf said:
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050907/NEWS02/509070424

A Jan. 9 trial date has been set in Charles D. Boney's murder case -- the same day that alleged co-conspirator David Camm is scheduled for trial 95 miles away in Warrick County.
Floyd Circuit Judge J. Terrence Cody's announcement yesterday culminated weeks of procedural wrangling, as prosecutors had attempted unsuccessfully to try Boney with Camm.

Simon, I'm reading the book now. Interesting..especially the description of Camm's rage early in the marriage when Kim discovered one of his affairs.

~~
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=3850933

Investigators are looking for the gun used to kill David Camm's family in the garage of their Georgetown home five years ago. On Wednesday, dive teams from Kentucky and Indiana searched a small lake in a Floyd County subdivision for several hours. WAVE 3 Investigator Eric Flack has the latest.
Investigators may be getting closer to finding the weapon that could break the David Camm murder case wide open.

A team of divers is back at a lake in a New Albany subdivision, continuing a search it began last week.

They're being tight-lipped about what they're looking for, but neighbors believe it has to do with a five-year-old murder case.

“I heard [they’re looking for] a gun involved in the Camm murder case,” says resident Stan Adams.

“Talking with some of the neighbors, they basically spoke with the dive team, and it kind of went from being a training mission to then the word got out and the story broke,” says neighbor Brad Faulkenburg.
http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/WHAS11_TOP_LakeSearch.7254437c.html

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050929/NEWS02/509290396

The lawyer for Charles D. Boney, David Camm's co-defendant in a triple-murder case, asked a judge yesterday to withhold Boney's incriminating statements from a jury because investigators allegedly violated his rights during questioning.
~~~Renn also asked Cody to keep the results of lie-detector tests of his client from a jury because Boney was not told he had a right to a lawyer's guidance before signing a document agreeing to be tested.

http://www.news-tribune.net/articles/2005/09/30/news/new_albany_tribune/news04.txt

Floyd County Prosecutor Keith Henderson said 'proper procedures' were followed when questioning Charles Boney about his alleged role in a triple homicide. However, Boney's attorney thinks otherwise.

Patrick Renn filed a motion in Floyd County Circuit Court Tuesday asking Judge J. Terrence Cody to suppress his client's statement on the grounds that he asked investigators for legal representation during questioning

I have been trying to forget about David Camm. I moved away and looked this up recently and can't believe that there is a chance he might get away with murdering his wife and two beautiful kids. I truely believe he molested Jill and Kim was trying to get away while David was playing basketball, except she must have said something to tip him off. I somehow feel his family is involved in the coverup. They never did find Jills mattress. What happened to the dog? Who cares about what a jerk David was with all the women? DNA does not lie. Those 8 spatters of his own daughters blood imbedded in his tee shirt is the only evidence you need.

Sorry to vent, but this needs to be over.

Here's a link stating that Charles Boney's trial is due to start January 9. I wonder when Camm's trial will begin. I think that Camm committed the murders and is trying to place the entire blame on Boney. I only wish that Boney would talk and tell the whole truth. Surely, he has to know that Camm will be trying to get him to take the fall.
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=4322969

ETA: I just listened/watched the video provided in the link, and David Camm's trial is due to start on Monday, January 9, in Warrick County. Boney is being tried in a separate trial in Floyd (?) County.

It also says that Camm has been subpoenaed to testify at Boney's trial. I think that this is a great strategy by prosecutors. However, how can he be attending his trial, yet be testifying at another one at the same time??

Does anyone know where I can read up on the entire case? I want to learn all about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back