Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #6

Just a question. I don't know if it's a rhetorical question, a question for those following this thread, or a question for LE. Why don't we ever hear about young drunk female college students ending up dead in bodies of water? Or is it because they all end up dead in fields because predators get them first? Just wondering if there ARE any reports of female college students ending up like these young men or if we should look into it to compare.

Just a question. I don't know if it's a rhetorical question, a question for those following this thread, or a question for LE. Why don't we ever hear about young drunk female college students ending up dead in bodies of water? Or is it because they all end up dead in fields because predators get them first? Just wondering if there ARE any reports of female college students ending up like these young men or if we should look into it to compare.

Good point. All of the cases I can remember regarding drowning of young female college students involved accidentally or suicidally driving a vehicle into water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Joshua Swalls case included in this list? I don't recall if he was a student, but he was only 22. The pond where he was found was searched twice after he disappeared; he was not found the first time. It is not a large pond.
http://www.wthr.com/article/coroner-body-found-in-pond-believed-to-be-missing-22-year-old

Walton Matthew Ward also disappeared in NE Indianapolis and was found in the White River:
http://www.wthr.com/article/body-found-in-white-river-is-missing-carmel-man

Nicholas Spitzer was also found in a pond in NE Indianapolis, but he was in his late 20's. http://fox59.com/2015/08/21/body-found-in-retention-pond-on-north-side/

Has any one mapped out the age range, dates, geographical locations etc. of these cases?

Were any of these men known to be good swimmers or non-swimmers?

I know in my soul these cases of missing men some found drown is murder. They kill men not women. We need to look past the alcohol as the only culprit. Hundreds of men are going missing & some are found in water deceased. This madness needs to stop!

There is a map of some of the missing men. l will look for a link.

www.wbal.com/article/174369/3/mans-body-found-in-baltimores-inner-harbor
www.baltimorefishbowl.com/.../police-find-missing-mans-body-floating-harbor-fells-..
www.baltimoresun.com/news/.../baltimore.../bs-md-ci-body-harbor-20150813-story.h.

Every few months college age men are also going missing and turning up in the Baltimore Harbor.

[URL="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/member.php?24636-gaia227"]gaia227 mentioned three potential victims over on the first page an the first one seems like it is too early for the timeline and the last one sounds like it could be a suicide, but I think Vernon could be a strong possibility as a victim. He definitely fits the victim profile and there is the interesting spray paint connection...
http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2009/10/010193-vernon-cameron-kent-jones-23-new.html
[/URL]

This one was no longer in college, but found in water. Admins please delete if not appropriate for this thread: http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...rmer-iu-wr-james-hardy-found-river/381430001/

(Snipped) In May 2014, Hardy was arrested after attacking three police officers, but a judge ruled he was not mentally competent to stand trial.
Respectfully & IMO - From the little bit that I've read about him he had a "colorful" lifestyle and his past suggests he had some mental health issues. I don't think this one fits.

(Snipped) In May 2014, Hardy was arrested after attacking three police officers, but a judge ruled he was not mentally competent to stand trial.
Respectfully & IMO - From the little bit that I've read about him he had a "colorful" lifestyle and his past suggests he had some mental health issues. I don't think this one fits.
I just saw this reported in the news and ITA.
Hardy caught the eye of the Bills during his junior year in 2008 when the team drafted him in the second round.
<snip>

He played college football nearly a decade ago. Also:
Hardy&#8217;s condition at the time of his death is unknown, although his family realized he was missing on May 30 and reported it to the police, NewsChannel 15 reports.
<snip> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ound-in-indiana-river/?utm_term=.3b5e4fcf27e4

I think, given his MI issues, this was possibly a suicide. Or, given his lifestyle, it could be a homicide. We will know more once a COD and an MOD are determined.

But, thank you for posting on it here, Ros! Maybe we could have a mod move it to the "Located" forum since Hardy had been missing more than a week before his body was found. Sometimes there's a bit of an overlap so it's hard to know where to post an item. JMO

I'm new to this website and I joined solely for this case because it turned my stomach in a weird way, like no other case has. I've never gotten a feeling of dread like I have from this one. Im only a few days in on learning of this case but I am curious of one possible lead that I can't seem to discover if it's been considered ever.
A common connection between these males is A. Athletic B. Popular C. High GPA - how could a killer or killers know their GPA status with just looking at them. Obviously they could strike it up in conversation at said bar or initial interaction. I believe if it is a group they have a woman with them who would probably coax said information/ slip the drugs into their drinks. Intern later coaxing said male to venture out with them, BUT THIS IS NOT MY QUESTION.
My question is could it be possible or has it ever been considered that the killer or killers are involved with the school board at all. Either in counseling, records, maybe they work a job that requires them to look at students over a broad spectrum of universities and has killed as they've changed schools or maybe have a job where they can access students informations.
I know it's just my theory but it was the first thing that popped in my head and I trust my gut, it doesn't lurch for much in the world of the macabre.

Hi Olivia,
I also am new here and in my case I am following the Massachusetts cases more closely. The victims and circumstances in the MA cases are very much the same but I am not convinced that they are related,even the MA ones, to each other. My reasoning is this (for the MA only):

There was no foul play suspected.

The majority of the victims had been drinking and partying, near the water and mostly on cold, winter nights. Even if the victims were described as moderate drinkers or "not intoxicated" when they left the place they had been drinking, once they went outside into the cold air this would increase the effects of the alcohol.

I am familiar with several of these areas and it is quite possible for someone no matter how much they think they know these areas, if you are intoxicated, on your cellphone and stumbling around in the dark, it would be quite easy to get lost and inadvertently stumble into the water.

Those are just my thoughts.

Could any body keep me updated on new possible cases as it's about to be "that" time of year again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

We have another one in Pittsburgh - Patrick Rohal.

Patrick disappeared approximately 1/2 block from where Paul Kochu lived. I live in Pittsburgh and work in Birmingham Towers - which is right next to the Birmingham Bridge and directly across the street from Paul Kochu's home. I YET AGAIN have to go to work seeing every telephone pole posted with another MISSING poster.

The “rumor” is that the “Smiley Face Killer” theory is actually being investigated. Every one of these cases fit.

This is THREE (3) disappearances of white males that all are very similar in build, height, etc. Paul Kochu disappeared on 12/16/14; Dakota James on 1/25/17; now Patrick on 11/15/17. Paul and Dakota could have been Brothers and BOTH attended Duquesne University. in appearance and all three disappeared in almost identical situations, at the same time of year – Nov, Dec. and Jan. ALL WERE ON FOOT.

I, myself, am also concerned as there is A FOURTH that should be included - the 12/7/11 disappearance and death of Jimmy Slack, who disappeared from the North Side after attending a concert at Stage AE, which is right next to the river, also. Again, death was “undetermined” when his body was found in the river. This was an odd case – went to a concert with a friend who he separated from. That friend reached Slack on his cell phone at 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. and he said, "I am still partying." At 3am, he said he would probably walk home.

Jimmy Slack – 25 y.o. 5’10, 165 lbs. Blonde hair/blue eyes 12/07/11
Paul Kochu - 22 y.o. 6’1, 180 lbs. Brown Hair/blue eyes 12/16/14
Dakota James – 23 y.o. 5’8, 140 lbs. Brown Hair//blue eyes 01/25/17
Patrick Rohal – 30 y.o (looks younger) 5’8, 170 lbs. brown hair/brown eyes 11/15/17

Statistics from the county medical examiner’s office show that the bodies of only six victims of accidental or undetermined drownings were recovered from the Mon, the Allegheny or the Ohio in winter months during a 10-year span between 2006 and 2016. Two of those are listed right here.

Paul Kochu was found without clothing and it is public knowledge that his case is NOT “closed” and it is considered a “Suspicious death”.

If you want to go even further . . . these men also disappeared without a trace

Zackery Sheets – 19 y.o. 5’9, 160 lbs. Brown hair/blue eyes – disappeared from Plum (Pgh), PA on 02/19/17. Plum borders the Allegheny River. Disappeared at 10:30 at night, on foot.

Donald Smetlak – 25 y.o. 6’1, 230 lbs. Brown hair/hazel eyes. Disappeared from Oakland (Pgh.) 01/28/06. This is directly across from the South Side where Kochu and Rohal disappeared. Last contact was around 4:00 pm on the day of disappearance – he was supposed to go see a friend that evening. Car was found in middle of Winter in Oakland with the windows down.

A VERY LONG STRETCH . . .

Andrew Karis – 19 y.o. 5’8, 130 lbs. Brown Hair/Hazel eyes. Disappeared from CMU (in Oakland/Pgh) 03/01/93 and has never been heard from again. “Suspicious” circumstances. POSSIBLE that he might have been in NYC and San Francisco in 1995.

After watching the Killing Season -- I know that it's natural to look for patterns, but this has gone way beyond that... It warrants a serious investigation, but these people are smart, picking people off when vulnerable. I don't know what it is, and it doesn't seem like it can be one person, it may be a cult, it may be an initiation for long-haul trucker serial killer packs... This hasn't happened where I am now, mostly because it's hot here all the time, but universities have every reason to cover this up just like they do with title IV violations. Will any parent want to send their kid to a school that has had an active serial killer there for decades? Will they get athletes to sign up for their college teams if the parents know that they would be the prey? Oh heck no and usually the highest paid officials are university deans and football coaches.
Keeping up an accurate body count is difficult when almost all have been ruled accidental. The detectives that started this theory essentially were destroyed by those who didn't want this to be a story. If it proves to be true, this would be the most prolific atrocities in the history of this country. There is a pattern here, maybe not all, but the "academics" coming from universities where these things happened or even just those closely attached to a university have every reason to lie. So disturbing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back