Found Deceased CO - Maggie Long, 17, suspicious house fire, Bailey, 1 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates from LE in regards to suspect/s and the get away van used in this crime. Someone or more than one person was involved in Maggie's murder and stole guns and ammo and set a home on fire and the suspect/s are still at large very scary.

Because he was probably still on with 911 and they told him the police secured the room and he can leave!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
That's possible *IF* that's the reason he was refusing to leave then I could see that. As I posted above he may have been concerned with the intruders and whether it not they were still there it perhaps the fire was near where he would exit. He obviously didn't hear any intruders and longer, the timeline shows them leaving near the time he called.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Also, I'm curious as to whether they heard him making the call. He calls at 7:01 and at 7:05 they're already on 43

I think he was part of it or helped the suspects with intel on the house. He was supposedly “too afraid “ to leave an house that was on fire. If you think about it, if your in your apartment and smoke starts pouring in then your 1st reaction is to get out of the house. Why would you stay in there? Too scared?

How did he hear what they were saying? And how did he know they were lighting “multiple fires”?

From the news video shot of the house it looks to me like the tenant would not be able to see suspects unless he left the apartment and walked down there. There’s no way he would be able to see the suspects in the house from his apartment. So how would he know what was going on?

The tenant Seems too fishy to me. Seems like he knew exactly what was going on because he was part of it. And he called 911 to cover and act like he was a victim. I heard he works at the Happy camper MJ place. and that he moved into that apartment 2 weeks prior to the fire.

I think he was part of it or helped the suspects with intel on the house. He was supposedly “too afraid “ to leave an house that was on fire. If you think about it, if your in your apartment and smoke starts pouring in then your 1st reaction is to get out of the house. Why would you stay in there? Too scared?

How did he hear what they were saying? And how did he know they were lighting “multiple fires”?

From the news video shot of the house it looks to me like the tenant would not be able to see suspects unless he left the apartment and walked down there. There’s no way he would be able to see the suspects in the house from his apartment. So how would he know what was going on?

The tenant Seems too fishy to me. Seems like he knew exactly what was going on because he was part of it. And he called 911 to cover and act like he was a victim. I heard he works at the Happy camper MJ place. and that he moved into that apartment 2 weeks prior to the fire.
It could be that he heard them. The other thing is, if you'll notice there was always a way out - the window closest to 43 leads to a deck with stairs. If I heard shooting and breaking things I wouldn't want to blindly walk into it.

It could be that he heard them. The other thing is, if you'll notice there was always a way out - the window closest to 43 leads to a deck with stairs. If I heard shooting and breaking things I wouldn't want to blindly walk into it.

I can't edit this anymore but I meant shouting NOT shooting! Sorry :-(

(What's funny is I was reading the post by Jbean and could see the last sentence in my post - I thought shooting!?! Where did that info come from?!? Then I realized it was MY post!)

Admin Note

When stating fact you must provide links from MSM or LE.

That's the rules. Please take a moment to read the following or risk the loss of temporary posting privileges if you can't abide.

Rules Etiquette & Information

Forum Rules

It is up to all members new and old to be familiar with WS TOS.

Thank You

For those not from here, I just want to say that Pine Junction, where the restaurant and liquor store are, is a VERY SMALL community, and Bailey, where the other restaurant is (although it's been closed for months) is also very small. Even if you had both restaurants full every night, and had a line out the door at the liquor store, there is just only so much money you could make in these small towns, even in the summer with tourists. I struggle to understand how they afforded their huge home (I believe county records show they paid $531k for it.) We know that Maggie worked in the restaurants, but she also worked cleaning the Venue theater to help pay her program fees (tuition) there. Of course, it could be that her parents didn't just pay for everything to teach her responsibility, but I just can't see how they could have been pulling in a whole lot of money, and even less with one of the restaurants shut down for the past 6 months or so. And let's not forget that not only did they have the $531k house here in Bailey, they also owned a home in Conifer and one in Littleton. And if they were so rich as to be a target for something like this, why were they renting out the attic of their house? I don't understand the finances of the family at all, and would love to know where their "real" money came from...which adds to the mystery of who may have been at the home.

Sorry for rambling, just my thoughts this morning.

Bumping your post, DorisD. You make some very good points here. Thanks for your insight.

I can't edit this anymore but I meant shouting NOT shooting! Sorry :-(

(What's funny is I was reading the post by Jbean and could see the last sentence in my post - I thought shooting!?! Where did that info come from?!? Then I realized it was MY post!)

Hey Pamelado -- we speak your language. No need to explain yourself! ;)

That was a good and thorough article. We don't see stories like that anymore. I hate to say that someone I wasn't willing to consider a suspect before is now making me raise my eyebrows. I hope Maggie gets justice. She was so young.

I also think she might have gone to meet someone at home. It was more than hot dogs that brought her home. No reason to say that, just gut feeling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wow...definitely a great article. Something extremely rare these days...and a mention of Websleuths in the article. I hope that LE have some ideas about who, what, why. Her poor family must be suffering so.

Wow. Great article.

I seem to be in the minority in thinking the RP/tenant in attic is not involved in this. Such a strange case though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with you on RP.

That BOLO info.... valuable enough to make LE cranky at media that info got out...[emoji848]

MOO

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I might have missed this discussed before but has the Coroner Office stated what the COD for Maggie, was it gunshot wound, smoke inhalation or fire burns or combination of them.

The coroners report has not been released to the public, so any comments implying the manner of death is unsourced rumors.

I know the coroner, doing my due-diligence, I made a request for the autopsy and the request was denied.

​I got my hair cut yesterday by a woman who lives in Harris Park (up Hwy 42 from Longs Ranch). She tells me LE showed up on her property last week and requested a DNA swab from her 18 year old son (white male). When questioned about why he was being asked, the LE officer (who left a card) said they were swabbing all 18-20 year old white males in the area. Further questions netted they are trying to match a DNA sample from the Long crime scene and don't have much to go on... so they are sampling all 18-20 YO males from the community. -- This boys best friend down the road was also called upon to submit to a swab.

My question: Does a DNA sample have markers that indicate age? Seemed like a long shot, but I don't honestly know much about it. Perhaps they are going off the reported age of the driver they are looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48