17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
As was Trayvon's parents and their attorney when they were being interviewed..JMHO

Thanks Emeralgem for posting about Geraldo. I think it says a lot about what type of people Trayvon's parents are that they would even do an interview with Geraldo after the ridiculous hoodie statement he made. I feel so badly for all of his family. It breaks my heart when I listen to them speak.

~jmo~

A few days ago someone here wrote a post that stated GZ had committed a homicide. Homicide was used over and over in the post (can't find it now), and I disagreed, over and over. I was wrong...... Anyone need a moment??

K...
I always assumed "homicide" meant the criminal taking of a life. I googled the definition just to be sure when this debate was going on, and here is what came up when I input "homicide definition" in the google search engine:

Hom·i·cide/ˈhäməˌsīd/
Noun:
The deliberate and unlawful killing of one person by another; murder.
The police department that deals with such crimes.

Because it was brought up again earlier elsewhere, I thought I'd look further, and I was wrong when I asked "what homicide", like there wasn't one because the SYG law is basically self defense. Homicide is the killing of one human being by another.

Homicide in itself is not a crime, so the type of homicide is important to note. The adjective. If you say, "he committed homicide", for instance, all you are saying is he took another's life - not necessarily that he committed a criminal act. In some states an abortion is considered homicide. Did not know that.

That's one of the things I love about this place, you can learn something new every day. Thanks to whomever it was that took me to task on this! :waitasec:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...n-shot-and-killed-in-neighborhood-altercation

The reporter was standing right where TM was killed.He talked to John a witness who said man in red was on bottom and was yelling to him for help,he then yelled stop i'm calling 911.Locked his door called 911 heard shot and man on top was now dead on grass.That is the witness who actually was right where fighting was he saw TM on top of GZ.

Why should this be accepted as correct when everything else in the article is wrong? When the reporter can't tell a mother from a father?

If those who made the SYG law say that it does not apply to Zimmerman, I am sure these same lawmakers can explain that to the judge/jury and let them decide.

Honestly, I'm expecting an arrest for Manslaughter within the next 9 days and that will quiet things down for a little while. I also think that Zimmerman will be bailed out of jail immediately and go right back into hiding until his trial.

Then we get to look forward to doc. dumps.

There is no verdict in the world that can be worse than Caylee's. None!
BBM

The legislators made that comment based on media coverage of the events. I think they just wanted to separate themselves from this case as quickly as possible. I consider their input politics, and nothing else.

Has anyone seen this? Interesting news report about Mary Cutcher and her allegations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE_Zhutjl38

I wonder if she is trying to retract what she said due to her being white she may be afraid.JMO Years ago I witnessed my sons best friend get ran over by a school bus.When officers arrived on the scene I explained what I had witnessed they took my info.A little while later an officer came to my house he had me explain what I saw then asked me to write down my statement and sign it.IMO The police if they have her sworn statement then later she comes out with a different story then IMO she is not telling the truth.JMO

If those who made the SYG law say that it does not apply to Zimmerman, I am sure these same lawmakers can explain that to the judge/jury and let them decide.

Honestly, I'm expecting an arrest for Manslaughter within the next 9 days and that will quiet things down for a little while. I also think that Zimmerman will be bailed out of jail immediately and go right back into hiding until his trial.

it does apply to Zimmerman because he only has to be in fear for his life in order to use his gun.

maybe someone else can explain to you better than I can.

Why should this be accepted as correct when everything else in the article is wrong? When the reporter can't tell a mother from a father?

If you watch the video, you see they got everything correct.

BBM

The legislators made that comment based on media coverage of the events. I think they just wanted to separate themselves from this case as quickly as possible. I consider their input politics, and nothing else.

Me too. Of course they are gonna claim this law doesn't cover Zimmerman. They are the ones who came up with it.

Ok watching CNN and they said it is fifteen minutes fron the community where TM was shot to the police station....So how long would the EMT'S been treating GZ..And the cop they had on said GZ's injuries could not have been that bad to not be brought to the hospital....IMHO JHMO and all that

It come straight from the witness.IMO a man named Tracey is easy to mix up there was a woman beside him.John talked we can hear his voice.

That was early on, I believe. Cutcher has since given a lengthier interview with more details.

And she's contradicted herself in these interviews, and what she's said has not aligned with the facts of the investigation. Furthermore, it sounds like she wrote her statement herself, and signed it. It would be her own fault, and no one else's, for signing an affidavit that contained faulty information. I honestly can't see someone doing that.

How do we know it was not still being investigated and was swept under the rug?IMO Under the law GZ could not be arrested because he said he feared for his life and it was self defense.Just because they did not arrest him does not mean the investigation stopped.In many cases here I have seen weeks,months go by when it seemed a slam dunk case,sometimes it does take time.Is it possible Le was waiting for forensics to come back from clothing to determine what happened?Even now the parents want the DA investigated,since higher ups have taken this over I would think everyone who was part of Le decision to not arrest GZ is being questioned as to why and how they all came to that decision. I had a loved one murdered of course families want answers right away but unlike CSI TV shows answers can take months if not years.JMO

I didn't make myself very clear in my post. I don't know if there was an ongoing investigation or not since the prosecutor swept in and put a halt to detaining GZ against the better judgment of the detective.

I think TM's family felt dismissed. And rightfully so, IMO. They didn't make much of an effort to determine who this child was that was laying in the morgue or to attempt to contact his next of kin. I don't blame them one bit for wanting to have this DA questioned/investigated.

I understand all too well how long it takes for the wheels of justice to turn. It's painfully slow. I had to fight like a rabid dog to get the DA to charge my daughter's killer. I was told he had bigger cases to worry about. I'm convinced the only reason he did is when he realized I wasn't going to shut up and go away. So I can totally appreciate the situation the Martin family is in. They must feel their child was disposable just as I felt. When it comes to losing a loved one, no case is more important than another.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your loved one.

Justice for Trayvon.

If there is proof he acted with SYG law there will be no arrest,can not happen under this law.

Geraldo just had MLK's neice on. She was very elegant and basically spoke about keeping the peace and still demanding justice.

Commerical

Next is Ann Coulter ..........................

I didn't catch much with the 13 yr old and dad's gf. She has lived in the community for 4 years and said she had heard nothing about the break-ins or robberies.

BBM O.M.G. Why is she there? Nothing good can come from her talking about this case?

MOO

I should not have looked at those.

:cry:

Me either and I really wish they would remove the video from that site if that is Trayvon's poor body laying there. That's disgusting.

Rest in peace Trayvon!!

~jmo~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads