2008.12.19 Casey's Request to Search in Secret

This is JMO but I think the whole "retracing her steps" thing is a ruse. They were all quite paranoid at that time about phones being bugged and being followed, etc. As sick as it is, I"m guessing that casey wanted to get in the car with JB, drive past the remains site on suburban, and just point sneakily to where the remains were and JB would take care of getting rid of the body later. I'm guessing they would've just driven around randomly to those other places to keep up the impression that they were retracing her steps in case they were followed. It wouldn't look weird if they drove down suburban at that point in time, and required casey to actually point out the spot to avoid the search later by DC. That's why she couldn't just tell someone where the body was, it was too hard to pinpoint exactly, and only she would know. Taking Suburban to get to those other so-called "places of interest" was the real goal, in my own very cynical opinion.

It couldn't possibly have been anything but a ruse. I mean what would have been the point of driving around to places she lied about...we know Casey knew what really happened to Caylee - it's not as if Casey really thought she would find Zanny or find any clues. She never should have even been out of jail on bail.

It couldn't possibly have been anything but a ruse. I mean what would have been the point of driving around to places she lied about...we know Casey knew what really happened to Caylee - it's not as if Casey really thought she would find Zanny or find any clues. She never should have even been out of jail on bail.

Yes, and as if after 31 days this "nanny" who took your child would still be hanging out around Orlando because it's such a good place to raise a child. Right. jmo

IMO Casey, as we know, was kept under the thumb of Cindy for almost all of her life. Cindy was as over bearing as a mother could be, and Casey resented her to the point of hate. Casey was tasting something before she killed Caylee, IMO, that she never had...freedom and acting like a 17 year old with no restrictions, morals, and no one looking over her shoulder telling her what she should and should not do. Evidence of this was some of the phone calls Casey got from Cindy, telling her it was time to come home. Casey was 21 and she still had her mother telling her when she had to come home. This shows the control Cindy had to have over the family.

Once Casey figured out she could enjoy what she called freedom, she liked it....a lot. The only problem was the " 2 year old ball and chain" keeping her firmly tied to Cindy, and god forbid, maturity. This is what got Caylee murdered IMO, and Cindy and George were to be next IMO.

When Casey was out on bond, did she search.....NO!....so what did she do? She spent 8 hours a day at her Baez's office doing what she did, more or less, before she was arrested. Spending time on the internet...and maybe some other things I can't and won't mention, because there is no proof.

Casey wanted out so she could enjoy some more of this "freedom"...nothing more. In no way would she search for Caylee. She might have spent some time at some vigils....but search?...NO...She knew once she got to prison...her chances of leaving again to do internet, drinking, and boys, would be lost forever.

This is one of the things that scares me come appeals time. Not that I feel all that sorry for JB, but I just don't think that he fully appreciates the legal ethical and downright revolting bus that will be heading his way before the end of the year. His client has accused her brother and father of molesting her. And he let her spend hours apon hours in his office more or less alone with him. Once the accusations of impropriety start flying that is going to be one truly sad sideshow to watch. I'm just hoping that it isn't enough to undo much of LE and the SA's hard work on something completely unrelated to the case itself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back