2009.23.09 Nancy Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello friend... and what I am seeing is equally troubling to me, the not too subtle shifting of blame... while professing to be uniquely ones who avoid taking sides... w added emotional burdens, ("if only you cared for Haleigh as I do..."?) W/e our differences I remain firmly convinced that nearly everyone here carries Haleigh in their hearts, in their waking thoughts, their haunted dreams, their tearful prayers....
:prayer:
I believe had RC not fought so insistently, using what many--including myself--feel were deceptive and underhanded tactics to gain custody of Haleigh in the first place... ie pointing the finger at the children's mother making baseless accusations of drugs, how unfit she was, how unsafe and detrimental to the children her environment would be... all while knowing in reality he's the one who is still paying off drug fines when rearrested on still further drug charges etc, perhaps it wouldn't now be such a bitter pill to swallow. But to then, when the outcome proves tragic for Haleigh to simultaneously fault Crystal and Marie for not being privy to the activities and conditions he has so clearly sought to conceal, and to hold them equally responsible when it is from RC's 'safer' watch that Haleigh 'vanished' and may be now gone from her life forever... is, well, simply beyond comprehensible to me.
:confused:
Yes failed beyond measure or amends, you have quite a way w words yourself, elle. DCF/CPS is a fallible, manmade system--and hindsight is 20/20. They can and frequently do make mistakes--as do the courts--particularly where a concerted effort is launched to obtain or maintain custody. Parents living separately unfortunately are not always amicable, let alone transparent, w one another, and in the real world won't always conduct themselves w maturity or integrity. From what we hear RC has been immature and controlling to the point of blocking her car eg, not returning children at Crystal's scheduled time, and insisted upon neutral meeting places for "handing off" the children eg... No, from all we've heard, it doesn't sound like RC was throwing open wide the door inviting Crystal and her mother into the home... and some grandparents (esp when estranged from eachother) may not even be involved in their grandchildrens' lives nor does that have any bearing or relevance on what Crystal can be expected to have known. She may have had suspicions, and taken initial steps and in the face of his angry persistent denials she may also have felt she could never win when up against RC, or just prayed for some shred of peace in her childrens' lives. But RC certainly wasn't going to be forthcoming. And her children were young, elle, barely able to even understand much less articulate the activities of their father or the conditions under which they were living yet still you demand an explanation for why she didn't know all of this...
:waitasec:
...and furthermore to know why she didn't have the emotional, financial, and legal resources, fortitude or tenacity to overcome his shrewd, duplicitous and IMO contemptuous actions. I've only attempted to provide the "serious" answers you say you want, hopefully this provides a satisfactory explanation. I think donjeta and stilettos both spoke to these issues. You don't need "wading boots," ;) only a little wisdom and discernment. LORD PLEASE order the steps of the investigation, as you direct the path of the detectives and those searching, let Haleigh finally be found, the person/s responsible brought to swift justice, and Junior carried from the chaos to the security of a safer, more stable, home. JMO

:praying:
:parrot:

well, I for one have never shifted on anything. I have always felt that Haleigh's disappearance was while tragic and heartbreaking...the fault of neither Ronald or Crystal. Lately however, I haven't had much to post a response to as far as Crystal because she rightfully has quite a lot of support on these threads. I will say this, after last week and the pond search I have done a lot more thinking. The latest information coming out in this case causes me to open my eyes a bit wider because regardless of whether or not Ronald's history with drugs is in the past or not, it is quite clear that Misty Croslin's IS NOT. I refuse to do what others have done and judge these people until I have all the facts

I do not fault Crystal and Marie for not knowing what went on in Ronald"s house. Quite the contrary, I was simply asking for those that believed that the environment that these children were in was unacceptable, and believed that Crystal was involved in her children's lives....why had she not alerted the authorities and intervened before one of the children were hurt or worse. I am of the opinion that Crystal was involved and did know and was not worried that her children were in danger. It is no secret that Crystal and Ronald had their share of disputes in the past but Crystal was doing her best to get herself on track and I believe the same of Ronald. While they may have had custody issues in the past there were none when Haleigh went missing. I do not believe that Ronald had it in for Crystal or Crystal had it in for Ronald. These parents are innocent and in pain....in my opinion.

As far as the rest of your post....the history of these parents is a mute point to me right now. Law Enforcement has never, never came out and made a statement that Ronald Cummings drug history is the key to solving this case. I have read through every court document available to me about their history. While there are definite issues there I am not convinced it is directly related to Haleigh going missing. ONE THING IS CERTAIN....The Croslin family has issues with the law. Misty has issues with drugs, Is it not possible in your opinion that Ronald was trying to do better in his life and he got involved with the wrong person? He brought in a person that Haleigh seemed to love, even Crystal admits that. But, she was clearly not ready to be a mother or wife. ......I don't know what happened Kiki....i just have a hard time coming to this forum and reading the painful comments about Teresa and Ronald.....and when Crystal went on NG and was treated with no respect I spoke out then too. I remember the comments that people were making about the two of them getting a makeover. It was horrible.

I just want the truth. if I have to eat my words one day because Ronald....or Crystal for that matter had something to do with with daughters disappearance.....well I will take mine covered in chocolate.

well, I for one have never shifted on anything. I have always felt that Haleigh's disappearance was while tragic and heartbreaking...the fault of neither Ronald or Crystal. Lately however, I haven't had much to post a response to as far as Crystal because she rightfully has quite a lot of support on these threads. I will say this, after last week and the pond search I have done a lot more thinking. The latest information coming out in this case causes me to open my eyes a bit wider because regardless of whether or not Ronald's history with drugs is in the past or not, it is quite clear that Misty Croslin's IS NOT. I refuse to do what others have done and judge these people until I have all the facts.

I do not fault Crystal and Marie for not knowing what went on in Ronald"s house. Quite the contrary, I was simply asking for those that believed that the environment that these children were in was unacceptable, and believed that Crystal was involved in her children's lives....why had she not alerted the authorities and intervened before one of the children were hurt or worse. I am of the opinion that Crystal was involved and did know and was not worried that her children were in danger. It is no secret that Crystal and Ronald had their share of disputes in the past but Crystal was doing her best to get herself on track and I believe the same of Ronald. While they may have had custody issues in the past there were none when Haleigh went missing. I do not believe that Ronald had it in for Crystal or Crystal had it in for Ronald. These parents are innocent and in pain....in my opinion.

As far as the rest of your post....the history of these parents is a mute point to me right now. Law Enforcement has never, never came out and made a statement that Ronald Cummings drug history is the key to solving this case. I have read through every court document available to me about their history. While there are definite issues there I am not convinced it is directly related to Haleigh going missing. ONE THING IS CERTAIN....The Croslin family has issues with the law. Misty has issues with drugs, Is it not possible in your opinion that Ronald was trying to do better in his life and he got involved with the wrong person? He brought in a person that Haleigh seemed to love, even Crystal admits that. But, she was clearly not ready to be a mother or wife. ......I don't know what happened Kiki....i just have a hard time coming to this forum and reading the painful comments about Teresa and Ronald.....and when Crystal went on NG and was treated with no respect I spoke out then too. I remember the comments that people were making about the two of them getting a makeover. It was horrible.

I just want the truth. if I have to eat my words one day because Ronald....or Crystal for that matter had something to do with with daughters disappearance.....well I will take mine covered in chocolate.

To ask why Crystal or Marie didn't save Haleigh from the environment Ron not only placed her into but from where she disappeared is shifting blame. To take up an offense for RC is not exactly impartiality. I've wearied of the use of the perjorative "judged" as if we should never as much as identify risk factors, nor express concerns. Nor have I participated once in chitchat re makeovers or mindless, meanspirited comments. Finally I can answer your question Is it not possible in your opinion that Ronald was trying to better his life w an unequivocal emphatic NO I fail to see how hooking up w a teenager was remotely "bettering" his life and Ron needs to take responsibilty for poor choices that continue to this day. Frankly I couldn't care less who is "right" or "wrong" elle I will have the same concern re Junior--but I can't listen to any more excuse making for RC. JMO

:parrot:

I personally cannot say that Ron doesn't love his children. I do believe he loves them, but in my opinion, he is not a good father. To me, if he were a good father, his rap sheet would have seized to update when those children were born. I understand that he caused trouble or whatever before they were born, but after? There is no excuse for putting himself above his children!

My goodness, No this whole conversation was not about reports being made to DCF. Please do not put words in my mouth. The point of my posts was to bring attention to the fact that there are others that are responsible for the care of Haleigh and RJ. Regardless of the fact that Ronald had custody of the children. if there were things going on in that household that were of concern why weren't they reported to authorities? Why wasn't anyone intervening before a child came up missing and since they were searching for her in a pond I don't think police believe she is alive.

Things were reported to authorities. Repeatedly.

Blaming a noncustodial parent for being unaware of what is going on in her ex partner's home is ....well, ridiculous at best. Particularly when the ex partner seemed to skate on EVERYTHING he did, including taking the children, and then refusing to return them to her.

Ronald Cummings self-isolated. He didn't allow Crystal to even pick up her children at their home.

HTH was she supposed to know what to report?! Seriously. If she wasn't allowed even to pull into the driveway of the home, precisely how was she to know what was going on IN the home?!

She petitioned for custody. She lost. She thought that was the end of the road for her. WHAT THE H3LL ELSE WAS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO? She got nowhere with anything she tried.

Things were reported to authorities. Repeatedly.

Blaming a noncustodial parent for being unaware of what is going on in her ex partner's home is ....well, ridiculous at best. Particularly when the ex partner seemed to skate on EVERYTHING he did, including taking the children, and then refusing to return them to her.

Ronald Cummings self-isolated. He didn't allow Crystal to even pick up her children at their home.

HTH was she supposed to know what to report?! Seriously. If she wasn't allowed even to pull into the driveway of the home, precisely how was she to know what was going on IN the home?!

She petitioned for custody. She lost. She thought that was the end of the road for her. WHAT THE H3LL ELSE WAS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO? She got nowhere with anything she tried.

My Bold....That's just it. She quit trying. The only way to fail is to quit. With all due respect....if you were worried about your child would you quit? Ever?
I am not trying to say that Crystal didn't want Haleigh...I am hypothesizing that Crystal wasn't in fear of the welfare of her children.

I see we have returned to blame Crystal again and suggest she did not try hard enough, scream loud enough, or walk right enough.

But when she tried to do her best and save her son...she was beat up for that too. She was picking on poor Ronald. She was saying terrible things about him. It just wasn't fair according to some. I read many testimonials about what a great father RC is....how caring and loving...

....So what is Crystal guilty of now, I ask?

Since I don't use them, or know anyone who does, how many would it take to kill Haleigh?

Depending on the strength, 1 would do it. Particularly if it was time-released and chewed. MANY people have died from chewing oxycontin for a high.

I agree - I asked my sister what they tasted like. She said they have to be swallowed whole to work effectively -- so she doesn't know.

If someone crushed the tablet(s) and gave them to Haleigh it could be very deadly.

Just another note about meds. I have an irregular heartbeat, and when it goes out of whack, my doctor tells me to chew my pill to make it work faster (which it does). So I know this firsthand and it applies to many meds (not just mine).

Poor Haleigh :(

Mel

I had to take oxycontin when I had a medical mishap via surgery with subsequent MRSA enusing for about a year. I hurt so bad, I chewed oxycontin and it's very nasty, very bitter. They are small, however, so it wouldn't be like chewing a Vicodin (which are horse pills).

Luckily, (or unluckily, maybe?) I was switched to EIGHT, 100 mcg duragesic patches every 2 days so my handfuls of oxycontin chewing came to an end (thankfully!). Of course 800 mcg is more than lethal too but... you can build up a tolerance to anything if you take it long enough.

I see we have returned to blame Crystal again and suggest she did not try hard enough, scream loud enough, or walk right enough.

But when she tried to do her best and save her son...she was beat up for that too. She was picking on poor Ronald. She was saying terrible things about him. It just wasn't fair according to some. I read many testimonials about what a great father RC is....how caring and loving...

....So what is Crystal guilty of now, I ask?

The only thing Crystal doesn't seem to be able to do is to actually present an unembellished truthful accounting of facts to a family court. She spins tails and yarns and theories as absolute facts and can't seem to understand when she gets called on them. If she had just played it straight with the courts she probably could have easily gotten custody of Jr in this case. As it is, while she may mean well, and she probably is the better option for the child at this point, she just comes off to both us and to any judge she gets near as yet another grossly dysfunctional family member in a situation that seems to have absolutely no shortage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB