2010.05.21 Tommy Jailhouse phone calls released: General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought maybe the "she" Lisa was talking about was HaLeigh.

Is it possible that Misty told Lisa that HaLeigh was on the couch with Tommy?

crap. I can't get the recordings.

Was there a strong negative reaction from Tommy about this, or was it his normal (B.S or I didn't do it) reaction?

I did'nt think of that. My heart just hurts for this child. All these horrible scenarios.
imo His reaction was shut it down. I can't talk about nothing. period.

Yeah real Christains they are (NOT!). ToC, Misty, Lisa and Hank better keep reading that Bible.

ssb, they only read the bible when they initially went to jail. They thought it was a get out of jail card.

Lonetraveler, I don't get it either. I wonder what made Tommy change his mind?:waitasec: More threats???:waitasec:

Well, in the original phone tapes Tommy kept saying "they wanted him to say what he just could not say". I have two choices for they, ie., either LE or the Cummings/add Misty. Joe was chosen a long time ago by Misty as being fully capable of committing the crime. IMO, that story was rehearsed on February 9while the Cummings were cleaning up. I'm getting really concerned that the wrong person will be framed or this will be a cold case forever.

I think it begs the question, do the phone records confirm that she called and called? How, if her phone was turned off like we've heard? Where did she call from and whether these phone pings are part of the evidence that LE said didn't fit what she told them about her whereabouts?

This is the $64,000 question. I bet the pings don't match Misty being home. And then we have reports from AH that Misty's phone was off and RC tried to call 90+ times and even called Tommy to see where Misty was or if she was there. Now Misty was calling him all night and RC wouldn't answer? :waitasec: AH has stated that he has info to release on MC's phone records and I sure wish he would release what he has as it will prove, (KIND OF ;) ) which of these two is being remotely truthful. JMO
We've heard that Ron made 20-90 calls unanswered calls to Misty that night. We do not know whether or not she eventually answered the phone.

We've assumed her phone was turned off because she didn't answer. Even if Misty's phone was turned off, it would still ping to a nearby tower. The only way she could have prevented that was to remove the battery.

When asked about cell phone records, Hardy (or one of the detectives) stated that there were technical problems in regard to GPS. He wouldn't say anymore about it and he didn't specify a particular phone(s). But apparently, cell phone data has not been useful in determining the whereabouts of at least one player, maybe more.

The link is on my other computer, so I don't have it handy. I'll be glad to share it later.

Well, in the original phone tapes Tommy kept saying "they wanted him to say what he just could not say". I have two choices for they, ie., either LE or the Cummings/add Misty. Joe was chosen a long time ago by Misty as being fully capable of committing the crime. IMO, that story was rehearsed on February 9while the Cummings were cleaning up. I'm getting really concerned that the wrong person will be framed or this will be a cold case forever.

I am not worried in the least. LE isn't going to put their reputations and careers on line to frame a little creepy guy in TN. That would have to include some major vast conspiracy between local, state police and even the FBI who also has assisted in this investigation. Why would they pick JO to frame when the infamous two sitting in jail are ripe for the picking?

If there is an arrest of anyone then the DA will positively think he has the evidence to prove it BARD. No matter who is finally arrested I believe the case will be air tight. These officers who have been on this case from day one want true justice for Haleigh and want the real perpetrator to suffer the harshest punishment allowed for what they did to this defenseless child.

IMO

We've heard that Ron made 20-90 calls unanswered calls to Misty that night. We do not know whether or not she eventually answered the phone.

We've assumed her phone was turned off because she didn't answer. Even if Misty's phone was turned off, it would still ping to a nearby tower. The only way she could have prevented that was to remove the battery.

When asked about cell phone records, Hardy (or one of the detectives) stated that there were technical problems in regard to GPS. He wouldn't say anymore about it and he didn't specify a particular phone(s). But apparently, cell phone data has not been useful in determining the whereabouts of at least one player, maybe more.

The link is on my other computer, so I don't have it handy. I'll be glad to share it later.

When did Hardy say that? If it was awhile back I am sure they have worked diligently to resolve the technical problem they were having back then.

IMO

Is Hank suicidal? I've noticed it in a lot of the tapes. Things he says but I don't know if he is being dramatic or ????

He definitely could be. If I had two of my three children being implicated in the murder and disposal of a five year old child I probably would be suicidal too. He appears to desperately want the truth out but sounds agonized over what the truth may be. I do agree with Misty though about LE not looking at Ron hard enough. I hope I am wrong in my doubts that LE has investigated Ron and his family as much as they have delved into the Croslins. I'm hoping that I'm just overreacting due to Ron's slippery way of getting out of trouble in the past.

Hope this is the right place to put this...if not, please let me know/change it. Just trying to be helpful and I think this call is MUCHO important. Thanks!!

TRANSCRIPT*************

Tommy: What’s up?
Hank: Misty said that uh…they had Misty out. She got to call in the cop car. That’s why it took so long. They took her to the lake.
Tommy: They took her where?
Hank: She told me to tell you you need to tell them everything. They said…she said you’re holding something back. I don’t know what she’s talking about…
Tommy: Well, she’s out of her mind.
(Pause)
Hank: That’s what I said. I said, “He said he told everything.”
Tommy: Where’d they take her?
Hank: To…down there to the lake.
Tommy: Where…where at?
Hank: Down there by our house. My old house.
Tommy: Man, she’s out of her mind.
Hank: It’s a dock.
Tommy: (makes a noise, maybe saying, “well.”)
Hank: That’s where they’re searching at, Tommy.
Tommy: Oh, I know this. I know that. Oh, I know that. But I done told them what I know. That’s all I know. I ain’t holding back.
Hank: That’s what I said. I said he…I said he said he told them everything. She said you said…(mumbles)that same story that I told you earlier. She said to tell them.
Tommy: Do what?
Hank: She said you were supposed to have helped dispose of the body. (Sounds of television news in the background)
Tommy: That’s . That’s .
Hank: I just…I just can’t see you doing that.
Tommy: Just think about all of it, all together. Think about it.
Hank: I..I…I believe you Tommy. I…I don’t know what to think anymore, though.
Tommy: What are yall…what are yall watching on tv right now?
Hank: What?
Tommy: What are they saying on tv?
Hank: They’re…They’re showing a picture of…they have Misty right now out there.
Lisa (in background): On the dock.
Hank: On the dock.
Tommy: They’re showing a picture of that?
Hank: Yep.
Tommy: Damn.
(More sounds of news in the background)
Tommy: Man, I wish I could talk to my brother.
Hank: Yeah, he was trying to beep in…it’ll be tomorrow probably before you can get ahold of him. He’s just gotta get that…(mumbles) He had to buy a new phone ‘cause his phone quit working.
Tommy: He just tried to call you?
Hank: Yeah, he just tried to call.
Tommy: Why don’t he…why…it’s…it’s…he’s got minutes on his phone.
Hank: yeah, but he bought a new phone and right now it’s…it’s a Massachusetts number and he’s getting the 904 number transferred over to that number…to that phone.
Tommy: Yeah, well tell him to talk to my old lady and tell her to calm down.
Hank: (mumbles)
Tommy: Stand back and think about this . Think about it.
Hank: I think about it…we think about it. (talking over Tommy) (audio gets difficult to understand)
Tommy: I can’t say nothing, I don’t want to mess stuff up for myself but just think about it.
Hank: (talking over tommy) You got the phone up against the wall or something.
Tommy: Hello?
Hank: I can hardly hear you.
Tommy: Well, I can’t help that.
Hank: There’s something wrong with the phone.
Tommy: Yeah, these phones are f*cked up.
Hank: Misty (mumbles) Misty got to call free…from the cop car, because she can’t call when she gets back there because of the media or some .
Tommy: yeah.
Hank: well, man, I… (interrupted by Tommy)
Tommy: Somebody needs to call my lawyer and tell him what the police are saying to my old lady and he needs to talk to her.
Hank: Call your lawyer and tell him what they’re saying?
Tommy: yeah. Tell him what they told Lindsay.
Hank: Alright.
Tommy: And he needs to get ahold of her and tell her to calm down.
Hank: I’ll call him…and…and I’ll try to explain to him. Tim’s trying to beep in right now.
Tommy: Yeah. I need to talk to him man.
Hank: Yeah I know. It’ll probably be tomorrow or later on tonight…they just called and talked to him and they said it’s anywhere from 5 to 2 hours is what they said earlier. So, 5 minutes to 2 hours…first they said it was 48 hours (mumbling) and then Chelsea called them back and they said it was gonna take like 2 hours, so I don’t know.
Tommy: yeah.
Hank: Just keep on trying to call him I guess, until you get through. ‘Cause, it’s going to be pushed over.
Tommy: Y’all just need to think about this all together, and…and maybe you’ll realize something.
(Pause)
Hank: I…I can’t…I don’t have a clue, Tommy. I…I don’t have a clue. I didn’t have a clue that you knew what you knew.
Tommy: That’s what I’m trying to tell you, Dad. That’s exactly what I’m…that’s exactly what I’m trying to tell you. That right there, but I just can’t say nothing. Just think about the . (Lisa talking in the background) I got to do what I got to do.
Hank: I just…I don’t know, Tommy. I just don’t know. I don’t want to lose none of you guys.
Tommy: Oh, don’t worry about that.
Hank: They’re saying…they’re telling…saying…they’re saying that you helped throw the body in the river.
Tommy: (talking over Hank) That’s f*cking . .
Hank: Misty just said it just a minute ago herself…that you told the cops that.
Tommy: That’s . All together .
Hank: I know…
Tommy: All together . Just think about that. (mumbles)…the before, everything’s . So just don’t worry about it.
Hank: I just don’t know, bro. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
Tommy: Think about it man, just think about it.
Hank: I’m thinking…I think…I think…that’s all I do is think.
Tommy: You know me. You know me.
Hank: I know you…I know…I just can’t believe that you would…
Tommy: That’s it. That’s it right there.
(Pause)
Hank: You don’t know nothing?
Tommy: I can’t…I’m not saying nothing to you, Dad, I can’t say **** like that on the phone. Just…Just think about it, man.
Lisa: (in the background) Why don’t they just both go together and tell them what they f*cking know and…(unable to understand.)
Tommy: I love y’all.
Hank: I love you too, bro. more than you’ll ever know, I love you. I can’t f*ckin…I can’t function, man. I can’t get up and do nothing, I…just lay around and worry and worry and worry and worry…
Tommy: I know.
Hank: If something happens to you guys, I…(Tommy interrupts)
Tommy: Aint nothing gonna happen to me…I aint did nothing wrong.
Hank: I just can’t believe the cops are telling everybody that . (Lisa talking in background – unable to understand) They’re telling…they’re telling…they’re saying they shouldn’t be saying.
Tommy: That’s right. (pause) I’m just trying to do what I can do. I want to come home. Think about that. I need to talk to my brother, man.
Hank: Tomorrow, you’ll probably be able to.
Tommy: Have you…have they talked to Lindsay today, do you know?
Hank: Yeah…Chelsea talked to Lindsay today.
Tommy: I need to talk to her…or talk to them so they can do a three-way for me.
Hank: He will…(mumbles) as soon as that number gets changed over to the new phone.
Tommy: I know. I got…I wrote Lindsay a letter…maybe they can go out there and f*ckin try to tell him too damn*t.
Lisa (in background): Look at it!
Hank (to Lisa): Shut up, man. (To Tommy): I hear…I think I hear what you’re saying.
Tommy: You know what I’m saying man. I’m trying to find a way out of this, you know what I mean?
(Pause)
Hank: Cool.
Tommy: I’m not going to see my sister go to f*cking prison for f*cking 25 to 100 years…and I d*mn sure aint going to prison for 3 years.
Hank: Do what, Tommy? (A lot of noise in background – news on tv, I’m assuming)
Tommy: I said I aint going to see my sister go to f*cking prison for 25 to 100 years and I aint going to prison for 3 years, either. (Pause) I’m going to be alright. Talk to my brother, and tell him to talk to Lindsay.
Hank: I…(Interrupted by Tommy.)
Tommy: You know what I’m saying, man.
Hank: I know what you’re saying. I think I really do know what you’re saying.
Tommy: You know what I’m saying, man. Just tell Tim to get ahold of my wife. Tell her not to listen to them f*cking punk *ss cops.
Hank: Have your lawyer get ahold of your wife?
Tommy: Yeah…or Tim, and him. Tell my lawyer what they f*cking told her.
Hank: I will. (pause). They got Joe on tv now.
Tommy: Is he saying anything?
Hank: No…just…he just…they just got a picture of him looking at us. Looking at the cameras.
Tommy: yeah. Aunt Vicki needs to quit f*cking telling… that aint right. She needs to quit saying like that. That’s .
Hank: She just said that the cops told her…that’s what sh was telling me.
Tommy: Well the cops are f*cking out of their GD minds.
Hank: She was riding with the state…(mumbles – can’t understand) so I don’t know what’s going on but…
Tommy: Just talk to my brother…and…and…and tell him to talk to my old lady and explain to him what I’m trying to explain to you.
Hank: I’ll um…I’ll call your lawyer…(Lisa in BG: I love you Tommy) as soon as I hang up with you if I (inaudible).
Tommy: I’m talking about Tim. You gotta call my lawyer tomorrow early. Tell him he needs to talk to my wife for me cause they’re telling her some . Tell him what they…what she…what she told you.
Hank: I will.
Lisa(in background): I love you, Bubba.
Tommy: I love you.
Lisa(in background): Okay.
Tommy: and tell Tim to tell her what I’m trying to tell you.
Hank: I think I know. I will.
Tommy: You know. (talks over Hank.) You know my heart…yall…yall know me. You know I aint down for no kind of crazy .
Hank: Alright, man. (pause) I think I know what you’re saying.
Tommy: You know what I’m saying, man.
Hank: I just don’t know how they found out where the body…where that…where that area is. (Tommy interrupts)
Tommy: (mumbles) I can’t explain to you man, just know…what I was trying to tell you. I went there…but that don’t…that don’t matter. (news story in BG) You hear me?
Hank: (sigh) I don’t know…I don’t want to get you in trouble, man.
Tommy: Just explain to my brother…and…and have him explain to my wife.
Hank: I’ll try…I’ll try…I think I…I think I know what you’re saying but I don’t know what you’re saying.
Tommy: You know what I’m saying.
Hank: I know, but you can’t have nothing (Tommy interrupts – inaudible).
Tommy: ah…ah…you know what I’m saying. (pause) Y’all know me. I really want to see my wife. I want to see my son. Someone needs to get Austin down here to f*cking see me.
Hank: She won’t even let us see him. She said we can’t see him no more.
Tommy: Man, she needs to quit playing these games. She needs to chill her f*cking *ss out.
Hank: (mumbling – something about polygraph)
Tommy: No, I aint taking ****, I aint dealing with them. I can’t…I can’t…it don’t matter. I can’t…I’m not doing it.
(News story in background talking about Joe liking to fish at the river.)
Tommy: What are they saying now?
Hank: They’re saying that Joe liked to fish there. (lisa talking in BG) I think we did go down there (inaudible). Me and him did go down there fishing.
Tommy: (inaudible)..got , man.
(Lisa talking in background)
Hank: Me and Joe went down there fishing. (Lisa talking more) Me and Joe did go fishing down there.
Tommy: yeah. Yall know me.
Hank: we also went fishing on the boat with…(Irving?)
Lisa in background: Yeah, you did. That’s right. (inaudible) I forgot about that.
Hank: Are you there?
Tommy: Yeah, I’m here.
Hank: (mumbles – inaudible)…you have the phone up against the wall?
Tommy: No, nuh-uh. Man, I wish I could talk to Tim. D*mnit. I’d try to explain to him too, man.
Hank: It’ll be tomorrow, but as soon as I can hang up here, I’ll…
Tommy: I hope you know what I’m trying to tell you, man.
Hank: …and I’ll call your lawyer in the morning and have him call Lindsay.
Tommy: You hear me?
Lisa gets on phone: Hey.
Tommy: Yeah?
Lisa: Whoever Misty was with tonight…is going to try to get me…he’s going to bring me up to see you and Misty.
Tommy: Yeah. I want to see my wife, man. GOD! And my kids.
Lisa: I know you do. I…I want to see them too, Tom. I aint seen them since they went to Massachusetts. Last time I saw ‘em is the last time you saw ‘em probably. Not unless you saw them since you got…they got back from Massachusetts.
Tommy: Yeah, I have…I seen them last week.
Lisa: I have not seen them since the week before they went to Massachusetts.
Tommy: I know.
Lisa: And I want to see them so freakin’ bad, and she won’t take my calls and I don’t know why. I have not done nothing wrong.
Tommy: She’s mad at yall, because yall owe her money.
Lisa: I even told her…she called us…that one day she called us and asked us…
**One Minute Warning**
Lisa: …Yes, I have no problem with it. Yes I will. Either she can bring the kids here or I’ll come out there. It doesn’t matter to me…she’s like ok.
Tommy: Tell Dad to make sure he calls Tim and tells him what I was trying to tell him.
Lisa: Yeah, we will right now. Soon as we hang up the phone, we’ll call Timmy.
Tommy: And tell him to call my wife and tell her that I love her…and don’t do nothing stupid.
Lisa: Don’t worry. I’m going to tell them. It’s just (inaudible)…you know who is saying stupid .
Tommy: Yeah.
Lisa: And they’re trying to tear my whole family apart…and that’s what they’re doing.
Tommy: No, no. Everything’s going to be alright.
Lisa: Yeah, I want it to be ok, tommy. (inaudible) I want it to be ok.
Tommy: It’ll be alright.
Lisa: I want my family back the way it used to be.
Tommy: I hear ya. I know Imma be alright. Misty’s gonna be alright too.
Lisa: I know…I know y’all are. But, we’re going to make sure you and your kids and your wife’s ok.
Tommy: That’s what I’m worried about right now.
Lisa: I know, Bubba…
*END OF CALL*

Can someone please tell me what the rules are on about posting on the MC and Dad tapes?

I see the thread for that one is locked right now. Thank you for any direction :)

I am not worried in the least. LE isn't going to put their reputations and careers on line to frame a little creepy guy in TN. That would have to include some major vast conspiracy between local, state police and even the FBI who also has assisted in this investigation. Why would they pick JO to frame when the infamous two sitting in jail are ripe for the picking?

If there is an arrest of anyone then the DA will positively think he has the evidence to prove it BARD. No matter who is finally arrested I believe the case will be air tight. These officers who have been on this case from day one want true justice for Haleigh and want the real perpetrator to suffer the harshest punishment allowed for what they did to this defenseless child.

IMO

I hope you are right, but I don't share your optimism. I don't like the fact that Tommy and Misty have both said, LE doesn't want to hear what they have to say about Ronald. Why would they blow this off, unless they have another perp in mind, and won't listen to anything that doesn't include him? I'm just scared this is a lost cause.

FWIW, and it is JMHO, PCSO has worked this case long and hard and when they get all their ducks in a row and all the t's crossed and the i's dotted and finally make arrests---it will be for every single person that was involved with Haleigh's homicide and also the coverup.

Don't worry MaryAnn! Haleigh will have justice. I really believe that :hug:

Hey, I might be wrong, but IIRC, Kimster said anybody could start individual threads on any of the individual tapes.

The way ToC asked for his son Au (And MC in tape released today) made me consider, for the first time, that Au may have been able to provide some information. He has other children, and doesn't seem to ask about any of them very often.

These calls are so weird.

Daddy keeps crying saying he can't take it with his kids getting in so much trouble.....he just can't take it anymore. Then the next thing you know DADDY is in JAIL TOO! (but of course it's just a part of the conversation - nobody is surprised) geesh....

Then momma goes to jail and asks if the kids had the same kinda food or the same kind of laundry bags, and just comparing jail-house notes.
"I smoked me a cigar earlier." Geezzzz....

Then ToC says hundreds of times on those calls that he isn't worried, because "He didn't do nothing wrong!!" Hmmmmm...since when do they put you in jail and keep ya there for several months for DOING NOTHING?
I didn't do nothing wrong.
I didn't do nothin' wrong.
I didn't do $hit wrong.
I didn't do $hit, so they can't do nothing to me.
I didn't do nothin' wrong.
We didn't do nothin' wrong.
That's bull$hit, I didn't do nothin' wrong.

How's RayRay, and Peanut, and Bubba, and NayNay, and nanny, and jojo, cuz nobody has a 'real name'? :waitasec:

Can someone please tell me what the rules are on about posting on the MC and Dad tapes?

I see the thread for that one is locked right now. Thank you for any direction :)

Hey Kat. This thread is the right place for now, FYI. All the new tapes that have just been released can be discussed here on this one thread for now.

Grandmaj's note to this affect is there on the locked thread you mention.

Hope that helps.

The way ToC asked for his son Au (And MC in tape released today) made me consider, for the first time, that Au may have been able to provide some information. He has other children, and doesn't seem to ask about any of them very often.

I'm pretty sure Au is the only one old enough to visit. Seems like I heard that somewhere.

I realize that Hank Sr. had made a lot of mistakes in his life and has to pay the consequences for those mistakes. I am very concerned for him and if someone wants to help him out, skip the car and phone minutes -- get him into some type of counseling.

I realize that Hank Sr. had made a lot of mistakes in his life and has to pay the consequences for those mistakes. I am very concerned for him and if someone wants to help him out, skip the car and phone minutes -- get him into some type of counseling.

If I could have a private conversation with Hank, I'd tell him to shut off his phone and to stay away from the jail for a couple of weeks, and his children would start to tell the truth. Those two need some tough love. Misty was having a melt down when she thought her Mom and Dad were moving away. Too bad Hank and Lisa didn't get some jail time!

Hope this is the right place to put this...if not, please let me know/change it. Just trying to be helpful and I think this call is MUCHO important. Thanks!!

TRANSCRIPT*************

<snipped for space>

Wowza. Thanks to you all - elle, epiphany, mistressammie, and others who are taking time to transcribe these painful calls.

Now all we need is a translator!

As for this call, #9, I think it might make a great SNL routine.

(no, not really. but...golly. it's silliness to the power of 9. sometimes I think these people are just plain silly.)

If I'm thinking correctly with my timeline, instead of keeping his client Tommy calm, and communicating calmness to Tommy's family while Tommy's confession and Misty's river visit and Flo's "kiss me where the sun don't shine" and Chelsea's rants were being televised 24/7 on national TV, Tommy's attorney Werter was himself busy booking HLN appearances. :waitasec:

I have to keep reminding myself that we wouldn't be hearing all this if it was critical to LE's homocide investigation.

Right?

So...what we're not hearing ... Misty's phone calls ... Ron's calls ... these, by default, might be the investigation-critical ones?

And maybe the cops were telling Lindsey stories for a reason?

Is Lindsey still divorcing Tommy?

Oh heck.

Excuse me whilst I beat myself about my head a bit. :banghead::banghead:
There, that feels better. :crazy:

I am confused about something that Tommy said. He said that he didn't tell Nanny Hollars anything.

But he did and we have heard the phone call where he basically tells her that Joe is the one responsible for Haleigh going missing.

Am I wrong on that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member