2011.05.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely astounded at the level of emotion KC showed today. And yes, it was ALL for herself. To think that she can sit there hearing the most gruesome details about her own child's remains, and be stony-faced--but when the talk turns to how HER rights are being violated, she's finally reduced to tears? It was just such a telling moment and huge insight into her inner workings. Truly amazing to watch.

Oh, and I was thinking about the "was CM's touch meant to be some kind of trigger for her emotions" and I do think this is part of it. I seem to recall back in the AL days, she was quick to physically comfort the defendant when she began to show signs of emotion. AL may be off the team, but she clearly left her playbook in their locker room, IMO.

BBM

I couldn't agree more with your whole post but you were reading my mind re: the portion I bolded.

I really need to watch and listen to the hearing again. I was completely taken aback by the visual displays of emotion by both CA and Casey. Then totally mesmerized by it all. I couldn't focus on much else. We may never hear the truth, but we got to see it today because her body betrayed her. Speaking of which - I bet Lillian Glass is having a field day with this.

fwiw, the shaking I saw displayed by CA was real too, imo. It was too fast - trembling and uncontrollable. From anger? nerves? fear? I don't know yet....but I do not believe it is possible to fake what I witnessed. IMHO, they are both very, very scared. All I have to say, is it's about time. And I have ZERO pity for your fear because it is nothing in comparision to the fear innocent, precious 2 1/2 yr. old Caylee felt while looking in to they eyes of her mother when she applied the duct tape.

I also thought that CA did not look well today . . . she did appear to be shaking (could even be low blood sugar) . . .she was nodding in agreement with HHBP in addition to shaking . . . her earrings were flapping like a flag in the wind (well not quite) and that seemed to accentuate the look of the shaking. At least these were my observations when that was going on. CA did appear to be struggling with something today but we have no idea what that might be . . . physical, emotional, mental, social, environmental, . . .etc. . . who knows. We all noticed her struggling today and I appreciate Tulessa posting what she saw from the April video (great eyes Tul) and providing the video. We will just have to leave things at that and understand that today is not a good day for CA for whatever reason it might be. I am ok with everyone noticing differences but lets not speculate on what might be the cause . . . that is where we get off the train track and get sentenced to the basement and must pay penance with editing tags.

Thank you, Wenwe4, for your astute observations and analysis, and your diplomatic suggestions :)

BBM: I don't think he wanted to talk in private. I think he wanted to hear arguments on the sequestration motion but since the attorney for the Anthonys left before the hearing was over, they weren't able to. I think he wanted a hearing in open court and on the record. It's really wrong for any attorney with an open motion to leave before a hearing is over. Not sure about what happens as a result. I guess the judge could deny the motion because the attorney left.:waitasec: Any lawyers reading this? :seeya:

AZ opined on this in the Atty. thread. She said she believed he disclosed the location of the new venue because when they exited the jury room, HHJP told the court reporter the recordings were to be sealed. The only thing that really should be sealed at this point would be the new venue.

HLN is now showing the tearful moment and talking with C Mason- he says it was an emotional moment for him too, when the Judge was talking so passionately about ICA getting a fair trial.
VPsays CA was in the courtoom today and she was also crying.... but who exactly was she crying for?

So, my understanding is that, unless we hear something to the contrary, the next time we will be in a courtroom is Monday of next week. Is that correct? Or do we have to wait until the jury is picked (wherever that might happen) and the trial begins in Orlando?

So, my understanding is that, unless we hear something to the contrary, the next time we will be in a courtroom is Monday of next week. Is that correct? Or do we have to wait until the jury is picked (wherever that might happen) and the trial begins in Orlando?

Who knows now? CF News 13 is appealing the judge's decision! :furious:

The entire trial could be delayed now that a stubborn GM at the above station, refuses to use common sense.

Who knows now? CF News 13 is appealing the judge's decision! :furious:

The entire trial could be delayed now that a stubborn GM at the above station, refuses to use common sense.

Ohhhh noooooo.... Link?

Ohhhh noooooo.... Link?

Here is the link with my post and the media link. In the Motion for Emergency Media Thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6424540&postcount=100"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.04.28 Emergency Media Motion[/ame]

WKMG won't be party to the appeal.

Ohhhh noooooo.... Link?

Well that retired judge said that the appeal just needs to be read by 2 of the judges and could be done in a couple of hours? So maybe it won't be too bad. This makes me so mad though!

Well that retired judge said that the appeal just needs to be read by 2 of the judges and could be done in a couple of hours? So maybe it won't be too bad. This makes me so mad though!

Yeah, but I went back to the video. Judge Perry was not playing and said very clearly that if his decision was appealed, it would delay the trial!

At about 24:00 in this video - Judge Perry clearly states that this trial will be delayed if his decision is appealed!!!! He wasn't playing around!

http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html

Does the General manager of CF News 13 really want to be responsible for this?

I really, really, hope Ms. Mercier explains to this "General Manager" the repercussions of this appeal action! :banghead:

That figures...it's a news station that I don't think I've ever checked when it comes to this case.

Question: Why does JUDGE want to talk to CA attorney now???
She didn't seem to take the news to well.
I agree CA seemed very upset and one of her worse days, IMO.
The defence JB looked very sober today.........not what they exected????

Yup. Just prior to shedding tears, she was clearly pizzed when he mentioned a right of hers being lost (due to over-saturation of media exposure) that is her due process right to a fair trial in the jurisdiction that the crime occurred. It wasn't until he said her name, that the tears came. Wonder if it has occurred to Cindy yet that her penchant to be in front of the camera has largely played a role in this mess. IMO.

bbm
IMO
No, not at all. Totally oblivious.
:twocents:

Yeah, but I went back to the video. Judge Perry was not playing and said very clearly that if his decision was appealed, it would delay the trial!

At about 24:00 in this video - Judge Perry clearly states that this trial will be delayed if his decision is appealed!!!! He wasn't playing around!

http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html

Does the General manager of CF News 13 really want to be responsible for this?

I really, really, hope Ms. Mercier explains to this "General Manager" the repercussions of this appeal action! :banghead:

One of those repercussions I think would be an additional cost to the Florida taxpayers.

Bill Sheaffer opines:-
http://www.wftv.com/video/27749087/index.html

He says the only time he has seen any emotion from Casey is when the conversation is about her. No emotion when hearing about Caylee, no emotion when hearing about her parents. Just about herself.

He's right.
I also think she is beginning to feel the reality setting in

YES, She is going to trial...it's only days away now
All but 1 crucial piece of evidence has been decided...
She will face her family again....they will try to save her.
She will face her former friends and boyfriends
She will have to face and hear the details as the Prosecution lays out their case against her.
She will face a Jury of her Peers, they will decide her fate.
AND, The media...local, Ntl and International will be capturing it all.

HLN is now showing the tearful moment and talking with C Mason- he says it was an emotional moment for him too, when the Judge was talking so passionately about ICA getting a fair trial.
VPsays CA was in the courtoom today and she was also crying.... but who exactly was she crying for?

bbm
Casey.

:twocents:

(a) Not for Caylee
(b) HHJP was talking about her right to a fair trial .. and what he was willing to do to ensure that.
I don't know. I watched the video several times and I'm just not sure there were real tears. It also seemed convenient that CM had his hand poised to comfort her before she ever started the eye rubbing. I just wonder if this wasn't staged.
I was hoping that ICA had finally understood that this was serious and going to happen very very soon. But I still can't see evidence of real tears.

I watched that portion again, a few times, and here is what I think. Watching this live, I did see her shaking her head affirmatively while HHJP was addressing that this case has had more media coverage than any he has seen in his 31 years experience. And he is now attempting to find a jury outside Orlando who has not seen all the documents and information re this case that are online. It did not occur to me that she was 'shaking' or 'trembling' until others commented on it. I thought she was simply agreeing with HHJP. Now I am rethinking this as Amil observed CA glaring at HHJP during this time. So was she actually shaking her head in agreement, or was something else going on?

ETA: http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html approx 23 minutes

While I missed watching the hearing live this morning, I have now watched the videos of the hearing. I definitely noticed that Cindy was trembling. It appeared to me to be a nervous trembling and it lasted for about a minute and then stopped. The look on her face at that time was one of anger! But the trembling looked more like a nervous tremble that comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa