2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the judge bringing in people from the homeless shelter today? Was that for real?

I thought it sounded real? I still don't get why JB wants a jury of HIS peers and not Casey's? I find Jose implying that Hispanic and African American jurors would be more sympathetic to a baby murderer than a white person insulting. He's basically saying that Hispanic and African American people would be more willing to relate to someone like Casey Anthony? That they would more likely not find her behavior appalling?

Oh, and the guy in Nancy Grace was saying Judge Perry insulted African American and Hispanic people by implying that they were more apt to be homeless was 100% incorrect. Judge Perry stated that the Sheriff in Pinellas County had informed him that there was a high ethnic population just right next door at the homeless shelter. He was informed of this. So it is a fact that the majority of people at this particular homeless shelter were of different ethnic backrounds. Judge Perry was not insulting anyone by bringing this up.

Chinese buffet for lunch!

china-buffet.jpg

http://muldo.net/_wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/china-buffet.jpg

Pertaining to the Judge's little speech.

Anyone think HHJP really will make them stay until all 37 done today? I don't.

Jean C is saying that they are thinking he is a stealth juror. He seems too perfect.

Okay, let me say this....that was painful.

I'm sorry but that potential juror could waffle till the cows come home.

Did anyone hear CM say something about "cause he would object it"? Right before mics went off.

As much as I admire and respect HHJP, he should have given the time lecture 2 hours ago. :cow:

I have no opinion on this juror, because I'm sure there's a massive amount of pressure in the hot seat, so I can't fault him for babbling, or his answers because my husband would answer much the same way because he's honest and would be paranoid that he'd be caught out for leaving off a detail, or something and serve jail time for contempt. I feel sympathetic to the potential jurors who will have to endure the grilling.

But I have strong opinions of Baez right now, which I will not share because I want to remain a member of this board.

:D

I was just going to post that no way would the DT's questions fly in jury selection here in San Diego-capital murder case or not--when JP gave the big smackdown. Thankfully. This is absurd!

Does anyone else get ectoplasm on them when coming through the sidebar portal?

I got nothing done yesterday, I HAVE to get something done today! How late are we going to be here today? I better head to the grocery store now!

IN Session says there is big concern that this is a stealth juror because his early answers were so perfect and he even said he didn't participate in social media but then found out he posted about jury duty.

Also discussing that the mitigating factors listed by Ann lay it out there.

Jean C is saying that they are thinking he is a stealh juror. He seems too perfect.

I think he's a stealth and I also think, he thinks he is a lot smarter than he actually is - "probably guilty, that's why they're here"....omg!

I was just going to post that no way would the DT's questions fly in jury selection here in San Diego-capital murder case or not--when JP gave the big smackdown. Thankfully. This is absurd!

Would have been put to an end here in 10 minutes max. Would have been through 30 some by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500