2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bold mine.

Alot of us did. I know I did by the first interview that Cindy did...was that the Greta one?

Me too Mitzi! I remember it was on Greta. She asked Cindy about ICA and Cindy said (paraphrasing) that she was there to talk about Caylee, not ICA. I knew then!

Wasn't it also on a subsequent Greta show where Cindy said she was going to pass out or something because she hadn't eaten? This was also when Greta was questioning her about ICA. She's been covering for ICA since day 31.

MOO

I don't think Thompson will be called. By now they should have the records showing he didn't even have the phone at the time in question. I don't know if Jesse info will get in because it's heresay. I also think the counselor is a waste. She didn't even interview Casey.

I'm guessing River will be called along with the Anthonys for the 100th time. The Defense is stalling on resting their case.

While this thread was closed, something came to mind. Perhaps all the stalling was to see how AF's other DP case went and to get through until the day that she could have her motion re: DP, in this case, heard.

It would not surprise me one bit if this motion causes the end to this trial and the seating of a new jury...all of this money, time and inconvenience to witness's not to mention tying up the experts, detectives and other average citizens who could be out being productive on other cases and aspects of their lives.

But what about JB mad about KC exposing him ??
If he was doing this he would be in trouble as all her mail was to go through proper channels via the jail, you know they read what goes in and out.

Im new here and have been watching for only the last couple weeks (missed OS and first few days). Love you WSers. I just had some thoughts I wanted to post.

JP had said the Greif expert's hypothesis can ONLY be based on testimony given in this case. Since there has been no testimony supporting abuse or accidental drowning so far, her hypothesis would not be able to include these.IMO But I think JB will try to get her to include this and It'll be Pop Tart Time!

Also, didnt RK just do away with Spitz's theory of the skull? He said he tilted the skull upward on Dec. 11th, so that kinda fits. One other thing bothered me about Dr. Spitz's theory of duct tape. If it was applied directly to the skull, why would 2 pieces still be stuck to eachother and hair but not the skull?:waitasec: selective adhesion?

Welcome CCNC
for the most part, we've been wondering most of your questions for quite some time. I wish I had answers for you, but doubtless, there are better minds here who do.

Please keep posting - fresh perspectives are the only way some of us ever (that would be me) learn.

ps I don't have good smilie capability or else I would have posted something

If he was doing this he would be in trouble as all her mail was to go through proper channels via the jail, you know they read what goes in and out.

errr color me lost lol. I know about the jail house letters with adams, set up by Hernandez...But how does this involved Baez?
:waitasec:

Just was talking to my son (16), who said, regarding Casey's conversation with Lee on jail video:

"Caylee is close." = C.L.O.S.E. = Caylee Located Off Suburban ___?
What could the E stand for?

I thought that was pretty clever and wanted to share.

Aqua

East.

but really, i don't think she's that clever. she meant close, as in, down the damned street in the pet cemetary b/c shoveling still makes me sweat.

my theory: Casey tossed pet hamsters in the pet cemetary as a child (thank KioMarie), & checked on them in a few days to discover that they were ... just scattered bones.

Im new here and have been watching for only the last couple weeks (missed OS and first few days). Love you WSers. I just had some thoughts I wanted to post.

JP had said the Greif expert's hypothesis can ONLY be based on testimony given in this case. Since there has been no testimony supporting abuse or accidental drowning so far, her hypothesis would not be able to include these.IMO But I think JB will try to get her to include this and It'll be Pop Tart Time!

Also, didnt RK just do away with Spitz's theory of the skull? He said he tilted the skull upward on Dec. 11th, so that kinda fits. One other thing bothered me about Dr. Spitz's theory of duct tape. If it was applied directly to the skull, why would 2 pieces still be stuck to eachother and hair but not the skull?:waitasec: selective adhesion?

Hi and :welcome:

I'm most curious to see what the grief dr. will say since (1) it has to be a hypothetical based on actual evidence/testimony in this case; and (2) I fully expect Baez to not follow that instruction either by not fully instructing her on the preciseness of HHJP's order or by way of illiciting other testimony that will be disallowed just because he can't seem to help himself.

I almost spit Kahlua and Coffee on my keyboard when they entered his mechanic bill ' into evidence.' LOL
I thought RK had a funny look on his face at that point, as if to say, "Is Baez seriously presenting my mechanic bill as evidence?" I must say I agree with him. OMG, Kronk had a car repair to pay for - obviously ICA must be not guilty!...yeah, right, DT, sure, uh-huh, yeah.

I thought he told them he'd let them know in the morning. I can't imagine that he will since he didn't let TonyL tell it either.

IIRC (and I could be wrong) HHJP has already ruled this inadmissible in a pre-trial hearing. Baez is asking again for it to be reconsidered, I believe but like I said I could be wrong.

He did say that he'd let them know in the morning and he asked the court reporter for JG's testimony.

IMO

While this thread was closed, something came to mind. Perhaps all the stalling was to see how AF's other DP case went and to get through until the day that she could have her motion re: DP, in this case, heard.

It would not surprise me one bit if this motion causes the end to this trial and the seating of a new jury...all of this money, time and inconvenience to witness's not to mention tying up the experts, detectives and other average citizens who could be out being productive on other cases and aspects of their lives.

I think she is supposed to present her case to JP tomorrow so it will be interesting. Wouldn't this issue need to be passed by the Supreme Court before it became constitutional in the state or can one Fed judge say it and that's it? I'm a little confused on the issue.

I can't see a mistrial being called over it. State has too much money involved right now. I am curious to see how it goes.

I just got a flash back of the HEAD ON commercial - apply directly to the forehead.

errr color me lost lol. I know about the jail house letters with adams, set up by Hernandez...But how does this involved Baez?
Kc was writing letters to her family and giving them to JB, she would write one for the jail to see and one he would sneak to family.

Can someone clue me in, or point me to the right thread...

What exactly WAS the death penaly decision from south Florida? And why would it impact this case. A thumbnail version would be fine.

Thanks

Kc was writing letters to her family and giving them to JB, she would write one for the jail to see and one he would sneak to family.

K,gotcha..must have skimmed over that part of that very long document..

I'm just catching up, if this has been mentioned previously...disregard

Lee's testimony...while he was stating where Cindy received her information for the PI search on Suburban drive...he kind of gives a half shrug, looks to his left (towards Defense table) and says "a Psychic tip". As if to say it came from her, KC...she is the Psychic. Like Helllloooo, she is sitting right there!!! Take a look at the video again...maybe I'm just dilusional

What exactly WAS the death penaly decision from south Florida? And why would it impact this case. A thumbnail version would be fine.

Thanks

In layman terms, the way I understand it is that the ruling was not that the DP is unconstitutional but that the manner in which it is decided is unconstitutional. Jurors recommend DP but they do not state what aggravating factors they agreed upon to get them to that decision. The final decision whether to impose the DP rests with the judge on the case. He can agree with the DP but the federal judge felt that without knowing what aggravating factors the jurors used, the judge might be using different aggravating factors in his decision and that this is not what should happen.

There could be more to it but to my understanding of reading up on it, that was the major point I pulled out of it.

IMO

ETA - The ruling was from a Federal district court of appeals and as of now only affects the specific case and no others. There are many more levels of appeals to go before this is settled.

Thanks

Not an expert here, but from everything I've read it was a decision regarding a jury recommending the death penalty without specifying what aggravating factors they used to make that decision. The judge, when imposing the death penalty (upholding the jury's recommendation) cited the aggravating factors he found to be relevant, but the question was, did the jury base their recommendation on the same factors, different ones, or any at all. No way to know. At least that's my understanding of it. Feel free to correct me and educate me if I'm wrong.

Do the jurors know about this? How did this come up? This is new to me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members