2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At around the 9:00 minute mark, I thought I read ICA's lips saying "That's why my mom is here" or That's because my mom is here" with her smiley smile talking to an atty- not sure which one.
Anyone else see that?

When she smiles real big, that's exactly what it looks like she is saying. That's why my mom is here or something like that, good eye. JMO.

So, I thought the DT was supposed to call GA's supposed mistress to the stand? And, what about the two former employers at CA's old job? I know some people think they will call Casey to the stand but I never believed this. And I especially don't think so now if they still have several witnesses for tomorrow possibly and Judge talked about the State having their own witnesses to testify by possibly tomorrow afternoon. JMO

Sally was blowing smoke - she didn't know what she was talking about ....even in general terms.

The problem with behavioral areas is that it attracts a lot of people who are out there and just generally float around being experts because they know how to touch nerves. Who among us does not have painful spots of unresolved grief?

For me the question is - before the heartbreaking story, how did her performance and information measure up? Not so good? There you have the purpose of the voodoo at the end. Shazam - all of us were in tears.

ITA, LG. The only part of her testimony that was worth anything substantial (other than the heartbreaking story) was her answer to the last question JA asked her. Paraphrasing here...What about the bond between a mother and a deceased child?...Answer...It never leaves. That said everything to me.

So, I thought the DT was supposed to call GA's supposed mistress to the stand? And, what about the two former employers at CA's old job? I know some people think they will call Casey to the stand but I never believed this. And I especially don't think so now if they still have several witnesses for tomorrow possibly and Judge talked about the State having their own witnesses to testify by possibly tomorrow afternoon. JMO

If she does take the stand, I think the DT is waiting till the very last second to announce that. They are delusional enough to think the prosecutors will be unprepared for such a thing. Too bad LDB has been ready for YEARS

to me-Caylee has his eyes-big and brown!
I don't think her eyes WERE brown. They look dark in most pictures, but if the picture quality is good enough, I can see a sort of hazel quality to them.

I hate tricky party questions and am really wondering how you could answer a question with a yes or no when JB asks “You would never admit to molesting your daughter would you?” The old party version was something like have you told your wife about the affair?

The correct answer assumes the rest of the question to be true.
This was bugging me today, and I wished JP would step in or someone would object. If a yes or no answer is required and the asker does not want exposition, then the question should be fairly worded.

By the way, did anyone notice in the defense scenario to the grief expert today about ICA she kept calling ICA a "young girl". Geez. Trying to get sympathy for poor, little KC.
I think DCS referred to ICA as "petite," as well. Way too small and meek to ever hurt a fly, don't ya know?

Sally is used to speaking in front of her classes and conference audiences, don't you think? Very on stage. Like her line about getting the teaching job...."and since she wasn't doing anything else that day". ......objection! She is used to getting a laugh after that line.....not an objection. Thought that was kind of funny.
Agreed. She didn't seem to know that her "lecture mode" wasn't needed.

I had to work today so missed the trial. When I turned on JVM she said that today we heard from Casey. I thought I had missed her testimony! Well, if ICA is set free (NOT) I believe she has aspirations to be a defense attorney. She seemed very proud to be able to stand and give her :twocents:

That was my take also, Turnadot, that Linda was wiping away tears after the grief lady left.

Maybe the prosecution team wants to have the 4th of July weekend with their families. After jury selection we were left with the impression we'd be close to done by last week.

I had to work today so missed the trial. When I turned on JVM she said that today we heard from Casey. I thought I had missed her testimony! Well, if ICA is set free (NOT) I believe she has aspirations to be a defense attorney. She seemed very proud to be able to stand and give her :twocents:

And her favorite part was turning on the microphone

I have been having a discussion with some friends and just wanted to share some of my thoughts on why I felt it was wrong for the Anthony's to lie for Casey and why I "think" I never would.

First off if the Anthony's are done lying on the stand then I really do not hold anything against them for what they have done no matter what the jury decides. What they have attempted has fallen flat.

I would never have been in the position Cindy was in. Casey did not become a souless, heartless, spoiled rotten liar over night. If my daughter was ever acting like that she would have gotten help and I would have protected the other family members from her at all cost. If Cindy was normal I think she would have done the same. I would have been viewing this person as a potential enemy and distancing myself from them in all ways including emotional.

It is kind of like just because a person is your Bio dad doesn't mean you have any feeling for them if you were adopted or raised by someone else. Just because this person is my daughter does not mean I have to love her and support her heartless, souless murderous ways.

What if that daughter had come in and killed everyone in my family except me. Should I take the stand and lie for her? I never would so why would I lie for her for just killing my granddaughter? Why should I condone a person who does?

I've been avoiding the thread that asks if I would lie for my children but after watching George have his heart ripped from his chest today, I'm ready to deal with the question.
'If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.'
There isn't a lying gene. Not yet at least. Maybe in 15-20 years when the inmate is working on her final appeal, but it hasn't been identified now so we have to assume that nurturing, or the failure to nurture, creates an ICA.
So I agree with you and the poet who wrote 'Children learn what they live'. I wouldn't lie for my kids to save them from the death penalty, because I would never be in that position, nor would my kids.

Was anything ever said about the guard standing behind Casey? Did anyone find out why???

Dr. Fessel,

I love you more than my luggage.

However, while you make some very valid points that I agree with, I feel you are blue-skying this a *bit* In the fullness of time (and when I am not so ready for bed ) I will welcome the opportunity to try to explain my point of view in full. For the record, I think you are basically right, with a couple of caveats...

Good! I was eating dinner and trying to get it done before one of my friends on the east coast had to go to bed.

Maybe we can come to some meeting of the mind, I have looked at a couple of things I would say just a little different.

We might not ever agree completely but we will understand each others views.

I just watched the end of today where LDB appears to be crying. I browsed this site quickly but can't seem to find much yet. Was it the grief expert's testimony or has she lost a child? The thing that surprised me most was that CM and JB appear empathetic (and consoling) towards her. Could someone fill me in please?

Does anyone know why Linda was teary eyed today?

Thanks

I don't really know but, I have a suspicion that it was the story about the little boy that died and the "normal" grieving mother went to his grave with an umbrella and a blanket because she was worried he was scared and cold. I think she may have captured LDB's true feelings of what Caylee was denied........concern.

I just watched the end of today where LDB appears to be crying. I browsed this site quickly but can't seem to find much yet. Was it the grief expert's testimony or has she lost a child? The thing that surprised me most was that CM and JB appear empathetic (and consoling) towards her. Could someone fill me in please?
It appeared to be the grief expert's testimony. :twocents:

Sally is used to speaking in front of her classes and conference audiences, don't you think? Very on stage. Like her line about getting the teaching job...."and since she wasn't doing anything else that day". ......objection! She is used to getting a laugh after that line.....not an objection. Thought that was kind of funny.

Oh Yeah! That's it! That's it exactly!

Too much time in front of adoring "fans" and not enough in front of those who might question her authority.

But, how much did I love JA's letting her wax on and tell her special story? Oh! I think all of you know. I think DCS knows as well - the rest of them - not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname