2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thought/question will probably get lost in the shuffle as these threads move so fast--as they should with so many people having thoughts.

IMO, Casey needs to be center of attention..all about her etc.

What better way than to be pregnant then?

Mommies to be (IMO) get tons of attention.

I know that defense is painting a picture of denial of the pregnancy by George and Cindy...and, lets say for the sake of argument that we agree with that.

Would Casey not get even more attention from her friends, extended family and family of the dad? I would think so. "Knowing" Casey from all we have seen, read etc. I would think that playing the "I'm pregnant and my family doesn't support me" card would be epic for her.

What is the obviously huge (IMO) reason that Casey never revealed the father of Casey?

IMO, knowing the background leading up to Casey becoming pregnant would speak volumes to how she is now.

IMO, she was an average girl from an average family from a suburb in Florida. Not saying that she didn't lie here and there (the girlfriend of hers that got on the stand that testified that Casey said "I'm such a great liar"--I'm sure Casey did say that. I'm also sure that in high school, back in the late 80's, my friends and I said the same thing a few times, after we snuck out of the house.)

If I had to guess, I'd say a huge personality change occurred when Casey got pregnant due to some sort of huge happening (in her mind) What caused her not to tell the father of Caylee that she was pregnant? Did she tell the father? I could go on.

I'd like to know the events that happened back in those years.

Hello WS'ers! My first post as a delurking newbie. I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks since I haven't been able to watch the trial on TV. I must say, you all are AMAZING with your Q&A and knowledge of all the details regarding this case. And it's refreshing not to see posters bashing other posters. I think I'm gonna love it here. Thanks for letting me in the club :)

:Welcome1::newbie::welcome:

welcome!!!!! so glad you are here with us!:rocker:

Hello WS'ers! My first post as a delurking newbie. I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks since I haven't been able to watch the trial on TV. I must say, you all are AMAZING with your Q&A and knowledge of all the details regarding this case. And it's refreshing not to see posters bashing other posters. I think I'm gonna love it here. Thanks for letting me in the club :)

Welcome! Yeah, people on this site are awesome!:great:

:wagon:

Is anyone else nervous about River Cruz and the accident testimony tomorrow?

UGH

I hope she is questioned on her violation of sequestration (she went on LP's show last night) and I further hope she is booted out for it.
:twocents::rocker:

UGH

I'm actually excited. With all of her aliases, claims of brain tumors, selling fake stories to the National Enquirer, convictions, etc... I think the jury is just gonna be disgusted and ask themselves, "This is who you want us to believe? Are you kidding me?"

UGH

IMO, there's not much to worry about. There's enough proof in her history to show that she was/is such a gold-digger, (her and her sister) starting with suing a peanut butter company, fraud, etc. that by the time the PT gets done with her, she'll wish she had stayed home.

Speaking of pregnant...what did her supervisor at Universal say about her telling him she was pregnant, and that she would need a doctors note for light duty,. Does the date of that coincide with what CA says about ICA not knowing she was pregnant until eight months / or June?

Somebody mentioned that GA asked to speak to JA either at lunch time or at one of the breaks. Lunch time I think, and that JA refused.

The tweeters were saying JA said he wanted to but couldn't while he was on the stand being questioned by JB. He could once JB had finished his examination. It wasn't that he didn't want to, he wasn't allowed to.

This leads to a post I've been formulating all day in my head. Please note that all my comments are MOO...

My heart is shattering for GA. I hadn't read this before, but I feel badly for both GA and JA over this. I can imagine GA did want to talk to JA and that JA really would've liked to see him, too. Unfortunately, JA was correct that he would risk mistrial by talking to GA before he was released from his testimony today.

I missed GA's testimony live, and am about to watch the raw video. But in seeing the replays and tidbits, I have some opinions about his testimony today.

After seeing what I have so far, I REALLY REALLY hope that some of the men involved in missing children search organizations and JA and some LE men will reach out to GA. He needs their support now, IMO.

IMHO, today GA took his manhood and pride back and told the truth, as crushingly painful as it clearly was. The more that I have read of his statements and depositions, as well as comments from others who know this family, the more my heart was going out to GA already. After today's breakdown, I just cannot even state in words how much I feel for this man. I wouldn't wish the situation he's been put into on my very worst enemy. No matter what mistakes or bad things GA may have ever done in his life, he deserves an awfully huge dose of compassion right now, I believe.

I think it took an enormous amount of courage to stand up and tell the honest truth, especially since it was admitting his belief that ICA is guilty and that CA, surely, will be viciously angry with him for this (IMOO). I hope that there will be many around GA in the weeks, months, and years to come to keep reminding him that he can hold his head high.

For those that feel he was sending his daughter to death, my opinion and understanding is that the time and place to do that is at the sentencing hearings AFTER a verdict. During the trial is the time to tell the TRUTH. My hat is off to GA tonight and he is in my thoughts and prayers as a man who decided to be honorable after seeing the immense damage his daughter's DT is doing to not just his own and his family's lives, but to many, many completely innocent lives as well. I think he decided that was just too much.

GA, you are my (and I believe Caylee's) hero tonight.

om gosh guys! are you not all blown away by today? I know I am... how are you all feeling coming into the home stretch?

Excited - Confident - Exhausted - the finish line is so close we can reach out and feel it - Relieved - and strangely vindicated since most of my instincts about this case are true.

And idly wondering what it will be like to have a life again. No offence my friends, but I mean to actually get enough sleep, live in a place that is reasonably clean, stop dashing around my neighbourhood on "special breaks" looking like I should be asking for spare change, being actually caught up on my laundry, maybe even getting back to some kind of exercise beyond lunges and squats when Ann Finnell is up - geez - the list of wonder just goes on and on - it's been a long three years....:innocent:

om gosh guys! are you not all blown away by today? I know I am... how are you all feeling coming into the home stretch?

Glad you asked. During this whole mess I have dehumanized the Anthony family in my thoughts, maybe self preservation of some kind but really I do not agree or understand their actions and justice for Caylee over rode it all.

Now I can see the end in site and I think I will start feeling for them and it will probably start with George.

When I think about the last time I saw my youngest granddaughter yesterday I gave her a quick kiss goodbye and smelled the top of her head. There is just something about that smell that makes you smile.

Then I think about poor George driving that damn car.

I'm actually excited. With all of her aliases, claims of brain tumors, selling fake stories to the National Enquirer, convictions, etc... I think the jury is just gonna be disgusted and ask themselves, "This is who you want us to believe? Are you kidding me?"

Nervous? With the sound of JA sharpening his verbal knives in the background...:waitasec: how could I be?

I've had it with the 15 minutes of fame folks.

I wonder if Baez even planned ahead for the penalty phase? If the jurors convict her of Murder 1 and all other charges, effectively showing what they think of his antics, what the hell can he say?

Great point Elder Price!!!

Baez didn't plan for the penalty phase so that's why he has Ann Finnell on board!

UGH
Not after hearing her on Levis show last night :) Please tell me the defense isn't going to rest with RC as their last witness.

Excited - Confident - Exhausted - the finish line is so close we can reach out and feel it - Relieved - and strangely vindicated since most of my instincts about this case are true.

And idly wondering what it will be like to have a life again. No offence my friends, but I mean to actually get enough sleep, live in a place that is reasonably clean, stop dashing around my neighbourhood on "special breaks" looking like I should be asking for spare change, being actually caught up on my laundry, maybe even getting back to some kind of exercise beyond lunges and squats when Ann Finnell is up - geez - the list of wonder just goes on and on - it's been a long three years....:innocent:

wow.. you nailed all my feelings ((you and doc fessel!!!)) to a T... to a T.

I myself feel confident but at the same time very scared that the jury isn't seeing what we see... but then I always refer back to one of the talking heads that said this jury is "normal america" so what america thinks and feels this is what the jury is doing

and than we have the jason young mistrial that just happened hanging in my thoughts and terrorizing me... literally in my sleep. I am so worried for what is to come in deliberations. I try to have faith... I am just so worried. It is so good to be around all of you during this time.

It has been a long three years for all of us.

Personally, I'm exhausted, and so glad its coming to an end. So sad watching George, I hope when all this is over he can find some peace this side of heaven.

Now waiting to see what happens to girlies who are waaay to big for their boots and have been allowed to get away with wearing them all their lives. Hoping too that the next lot of boots for ICA are much tighter than she's ever worn before.

I feel like today justice was assured for Caylee. There is something about GA on the stand, ICA's demeanor, the ridiculousness of Baez and his witnesses... if there was any confusion on the part of the jurors it was cleared up today, as if they were slapped in the face.

I hope.

I agree. I feel very peaceful after today. The only way there will be a hung jury now is if it would have been hung no matter what, and that is something no one can control so there's no point worrying about it.

The SA have been brilliant, I am in awe of them all, and GA stepped up better and stronger than I ever dared to hope he would. May he find peace. Any lingering shadow about RK goes only to his character (and is being cast by people with obvious agendas/axes to grind), not to his having any involvement in this crime. ICA's true nature was spotlit during her father's testimony, and was not offset by anything the grief expert said.

Today was finally the promised A-Ha day for me.

No one murders Caylee Anthony and tosses her away like an empty cheese wrapper and gets away with it. She was small and powerless but her life was valuable and she can never be replaced.

UGH

No, I'm not worried about her but did she seem excessively fidgety in the interviews? I am wondering if she has some other medical issues or medication problems in addition to the "brain tumor".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member