2011.07.01 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-Three)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did y'all hear what Beth Karas said? :lol: When JA took that huge pic of Caylee's skull sawed in half and showed it to the forensic guy, when he brought it back he put it right in front of and facing ICA! :great: and JB had to get up and turn it around!!

Her cell walls should be covered with all of the skull pics.

her and bring the focus back where it belongs. They haven't ever forgotten what this is about. I think they are among the finest civil servants I have ever seen.

The SA's in this case and HHJP make me proud of my country and our system and I hope people who resent paying taxes remember that our justice system is worth paying for. All of them could make much more in private defense practice but I sense they are following their hearts more than their wallets. Jeff Ashton especially with his DNA knowledge could command huge payments in private practice and/or as a consultant. But I see his passion for what he does-you can't fake that.

I'm so sick of seeing ICA's face. IMO there should be a big picture of that famous pensive shot of Caylee present at all times in court. It is, afterall, about this little toddler. The lump in my throat hurts so bad....

A quick ? For those who may have knowledge...
I am still at a loss about the performance of the defense.
Does the defense lawyer base his case solely on information given him/her by the defendant or is he able, at his discretion, to embellish the "facts" given him and come up with his own scenario?
TIA

A lawyer would be disbarred if he or she came up with their own scenario.

He had to go on what Casey told him. A defense lawyer has to take his clients words for truth...maybe not deep in his heart, but for the purposes of doing his job.

Did that make sense?

So does everyone think that it was LA who deleted the files on the computer and was given immunity?

I don't think it was Lee. Didn't he have to ask her for her passwords when he visited her in jail? He would have had to known her login password to be able to delete those files.

I think she deleted them when she was at her computer on the June15-16 time frame when she was pulling off info for Melich.

IMO

reminding the jury of all the "facts not in evidence" cause you know JB's gonna try. I honestly can't wait to see what pathetic argument he comes up with. The jury will be told they have to rely on "evidence" and I sense an unfair advantage for the state in that respect.

Oh, please. Baez has clearly demonstrated his skill at talking about absolutely nothing on and on and on...

Teresa

Ok... two questions: Why did Cindy call 911 and say the famous quote that it smelled like there was a dead body in the damn car if she was going to start covering up 48 hours later?
Also, remember when she said that Casey was going to be Mother of the Year once the full story came out? Ummm...the whole story has been told now, and .... hmmm...
All I can say is Casey learned from Cindy...

Watched the beginning and end of ICA's meltdown. JB handed her (probably jury instructions for deliberation) papers to read, she threw them down, waving her arms and yellingat the defense team and feed stopped then cut back with her still visibly angry, upset and being led sternly back into holding.

I can't believe I missed all this. My little puppy Molly decided she wanted to run around and play before she did her business LOL. I hope there's a way to watch it later. Anyone know where ?

They knew there was decomp in the trunk and wasn't that around the time of the bond hearing? There was testimony about the dogs hitting on decomp and several people smelling it.

As I posted earlier - because of what came out today, it now appears very likely, maybe way more than likely, that the reason the trunk was SOOOO clean was because, gulp, Cindy Anthony scrubbed it clean day 1 or 2.

One question. Did the judge ask the defense if they were going to call Miss Anthony before he said that both sides were done presenting evidence? If so, did he mean Cindy or Casey?

So DT cannot mention drowning or molestation in closing statement because it was not proven. Wow, they should just not even leave the table.

Did y'all hear what Beth Karas said? :lol: When JA took that huge pic of Caylee's skull sawed in half and showed it to the forensic guy, when he brought it back he put it right in front of and facing ICA! :great: and JB had to get up and turn it around!!

Thanks I didn't see that, I thought JA made sure he turned it around for the jury to see again as he was bringing it up to the stand though.

A lawyer would be disbarred if he or she came up with their own scenario.

He had to go on what Casey told him. A defense lawyer has to take his clients words for truth...maybe not deep in his heart, but for the purposes of doing his job.

Did that make sense?

Thank you. Yes it does make sense and I appreciate your answering the question.

Ok this may make me a pariah, but here goes...

As a psych nurse, I feel for ICA.

NO, of course, I DO NOT EXCUSE HER FOR KILLING HER INNOCENT CHILD - if she did.

I just FEEL.

...months and months of active listening... watching... assessing...observing

....Something happened in that home (imo)

and imo.. the extenuating circumstances, the blame, for.... if there is any to be had, cannot ALL be heaped on George... (abuse or not) or Lee....

C....I....N...D.....Y......

Some vulnerable people can be driven to horrible things. (ICA)

DOES NOT EXCUSE THEM.

Ok, I'll say it; I feel in my gut that ICA killed innocent Caylee.

But I also feel it was a result of something that transpired (that argument, that night --look at the timeline people, please) bw Cindy and Casey

However,....

I cannot finish my thought bc I am crying.

now commence with the veggies

PS
Cindy and ICA -- as far as Cindy threatening to take custody of Caylee. Cant prove it. Just feel it.... which means beans, I know.

I know that my gut feeling means nothing... except to me.

moo

No veggie throwing from me. We're all entitled to our own opinions. Even if they're wrong. :D (I'm kidding, of course.) Seriously, your post just shows you're an empathetic, caring person and there's certainly nothing wrong with that. The world could use a few more, IMO.

Gut feelings mean a lot. I trust mine implicitly and they've rarely been wrong.

Honestly? I wish I could be more like you. Although I'm a cynic by nature and through personal experience, I wanted - really wanted - to find a reason to feel for ICA. I just couldn't find anything. I tried.

Interestingly, I was reminded of Stacey Lannert recently when she popped up as a TH on one of the many shows. She shot and killed her father when she was 18. It was an interesting case and is worth googling if interested. I was in the minority for feeling sorry for her at the time, but I just saw something - felt something - that was worth saving and redeeming. I'd forgotten all about the case until I saw her just days ago. She's out of prison, runs an non-profit home of sorts for women, is going to college full time and wants to become a lawyer. Oddly enough, she's written a book called, "Redemption" and all proceeds from the book go to her organization.

So I guess that was a long winded way of saying I understand. You should never feel bad or apologize about having feelings of empathy for another human being. I wish some of that could rub off on me.

:blowkiss:

So DT cannot mention drowning or molestation in closing statement because it was not proven. Wow, they should just not even leave the table.

Knowing JB, he's gonna sneak it in there.

Sometimes I just don't understand. Why is it brilliant to be cruel to a woman on trial for her life, who may have many regrets, and despicible for someone to read to the world the suicide note of a man who's still alive?

I'm not picking on you, TraceyLeigh, just launching off your post. I believe this case is crazy-making all the way around.

I am right with you on this horrible exposure of someones end of life ( in his mind) thoughts and feelings...HOWEVER..the Prosecution had no intentions of bringing this in as evidence..it was INDEED the Defense's (representing KC) who attempted to portray his guilts to be something they were not!!

I also believe that the SA spoke to GA and apologised for exposing his inner heart felt thought during that time of stress!!

It was only brought out because of JB..no other reason and ya just cant blame SA for that IMO:banghead:

Sometimes I just don't understand. Why is it brilliant to be cruel to a woman on trial for her life, who may have many regrets, and despicible for someone to read to the world the suicide note of a man who's still alive?

I'm not picking on you, TraceyLeigh, just launching off your post. I believe this case is crazy-making all the way around.

Because she lied about her daughter being dead, probably (definately IMO) killed her, and then put on an enormous act of not being able to look at her daughter's skeleton after having handled her oozing bloated decomposing body.

Stepping away from the keyboard....

So DT cannot mention drowning or molestation in closing statement because it was not proven. Wow, they should just not even leave the table. '

really????? because kc didnt testify this info??!

I just realized that VT has disappeared almost as quickly as he appeared. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname