2011.07.02- HLN News Shows Discussion - Casey Anthony Trial

Back from comercial

PP still on the phone

NG: explaining the story about granpa's money thefeft

NG - PP, I understand that SP is riddled with guilt about not turning her (ICA) in - Caylee might still be alive today. PP told SP that we all look back at things we should have done or said and that it wasn't her fault. PP has very little to offer - other than they appeared to be the All American Family - PP doesn't believe a thing about George at all. Doesn't know anything about ICA past the age of 9 or 10.

Commerical

I like it when she has Ann Brimner on the defense angle...she's not abrasive like Janie W. It's like she doesn't even believe the things she is saying.

Oh of course, Mark Lippman is on NG tonight proclaiming Cindy did all those searches. He has absolutely no valid argument to back this up.

Lippman trying to defend CA on the perjury charges. Ugh, more word salad.

In the courthouse when ICA is pleading to AHs money and the two times this week she piped up her voice is COMPLETELY different than when she was talking to LE when this all went down and when she got indicted and in the jailhouse tapes. It's like she is affecting a little girl voice.

Back

Lippman is on

NG: To Lippmman - CA is aware that she may be charged with perjury

Lippman: CA maintains she made those searches.

NG: Even the defense team could not find a search for bamboo. I don't want CA or GA to have anymore heartache - but those searches do not exist on the computer. I don't want to see CA charged with perjury.

Lippmna: If I could get my client to retract or say she was mistaken I would - but she maintains and is adamant that she made those searches.

commercial

Lippman trying to defend CA on the perjury charges. Ugh, more word salad.

Omg does it ever end. He just said maybe they examine a different computer....:banghead:

Interesting wording by Lippman - it sounds as if they are seriously considering charging CA iwth perjury
He said he wants CA to retract or say she was mistaken - that doesn't sound to good.

Aargh. Here we go again with the lies.
For 2-1/2 years we heard that there really was a Zanny the Nanny from the inmate. Those Anthonys really think the public is stupid to believe that carp.

Roy Kronk hid the body..where? in the garage? in a jar on the coffee table? :lol:

Who in the world is CAs ex in-law? One of her brother's ex-wives?
Yes. Pam is Rick' ex-wife. Rick is the one whose wedding the Anthonys went to when Casey was obviously pregnant. Cindy denied she even looked pregnant. Said Casey was bloated.

I hope Bill S says "see! this is where you know me from"! He said she didn't know who he was when he ran into her at the courthouse.

I think its pretty telling that CA's attorney just said she should retract to a different computer, etc. That was my first thought.

I also wonder why no one else jumped on the dogs getting tired and maybe ICA was testing them with chloroform. Would have loved to have someone ask it the dogs continued to get tired after ICA arrested. Of course no one would ask because they wouldn't know the answer ahead of time, but its still an interesting theory.

Yes. Pam is Rick' ex-wife. Rick is the one whose wedding the Anthonys went to when Casey was obviously pregnant. Cindy denied she even looked pregnant. Said Casey was bloated.

Yes, I saw this before I saw the article. I had a feeling it was going to be Rick's ex.

Sorry, Wise Owl, didn't know that was word was a no-no. It was just the best description I could come up with at the time.

Oooooh now I want to know what the word was!!:floorlaugh:

I figured the closing arguments were standard but didn't realize the judge didn't usually have to issue an order explaining it! That IS funny.

Never watched HLN before this trial. It seems they are treating the case as entertainment rather than a murder trial. Some of the talking heads I could do without but it does help me with understanding alternate viewpoints when some of them speak. I agree about the yelling from NG or JVM. It's really irritating but is proof to me that they are going for viewership and not straight reporting. No need for the drama. Love to hate them. If the trial were a month longer I wonder who the next batch of talking heads would be.

NG is right on the money with the ridiculousness of the defense allegations based on the word of ICA.

Back

montage of trial moments

NG: less than 12 hours - closing arguments set to sommence. Court will proceed on Sunday - searched history books - found only one other time court on Sunday. HHJP ruled nothing but facts of evidence can be argued. Defense won't be able to argue the theory they cooked up about the drowning and about the molestation. No evidence whatsoever. Is there entire defense eviscerated?

Lippman, D. Evans - atty for RK, BS from WFTV and Ann Bremner

NG: Evans did you ever imagine that a good guy that finds Caylee's remains - that some how he would end up being accused of the crime?

Evans: - I tell you Rk is probably sitting at home tonight watching this show. I've never seen a character assassination like this - there is a new dictionary phrase - getting Kronked - goes against the people getting involved and helping find missing children. RK feels horrible wondering how could I be put into the posture of being a murder - a morally bankruupt individual.

NG: Somehow the defense villifies your client for being a decent human being.

NG to BS - HHJP is no idiot - Perry knows what he's talking about and ruled nothing can be aruged in closing that's not in facts of evidence

BS: I'm not saying that JB won't try to bring something in. BS - are you going to let me speak? lol

They're going to try to bring it in and they'll object. JB is going to try to bring it in and say but they won't let me - they'll be an objection - but wonders how far JB will be allowed to take it before the SA objects

NG: to AB - how long will the state sit there? They better have the finger on the button - the minute first word out of JB mouth - they have top jump up and object.

AB: - that's right - bt I think JB will bring in inferences. I agree alot of what he said in his OS did not come out.

NG: what will he try infer

AB - I think - on accident - he has no cause of death, he can also talk about potential accidents - the pool and access to the pool. I think that's permissable. That order is in every state

NG - I've never had a judge tell me you know you can't argue facts not in evidence - never had a special order - You're supposed to know that - never had to have a judge tell me the law - right Lippman?

Lippmn: We have seen that HHJP has had to explain the law to JB quite a few times.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back