2011.07.05 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may think they would meet with the press even with a Murder 1 conviction...they may not realize they cannot until after penalty phase.

I have never, in my whole life, been as fickle as I am feeling right now.

The minute I hear suit coat I am convinced yes it is today. Then I worry about a juror being a hold out and am scared to death of a hung jury but also scared of a not guilty or very short sentence.......I am so glad I get to wait with everyone else who is going just as crazy as me.....no offense intended

Caylee I pray that today will bring justice for your shortened life

I feel the exact same way. Comforting to know I'm in good company.

I go back and forth between 'no way can the Jury not see she is guilty' to 'what if she walks?'. It is maddening.

My husband thinks she does not deserve the death penalty. He thinks this whole case was manipulated and evidence pointing to anyone else was either ignored or destroyed. He thinks George was involved and that he wanted Casey to go down for it from the beginning. He also thinks the whole thing with Kronk is suspicious and that LE didn't handle it right from the beginning. When we have talked about it and I have pointed out things regarding his theory that didn't make sense, he says if it's this confusing for us, how do I think a jury is going to figure it out? I'm not sure if he thinks Casey is completely innocent, but I do think he believes she didn't intend for Caylee to die, that she drugged her and came back to find her dead and then panicked.
I feel your pain, it's really hard to believe in the facts when someone you are close to feels the opposite and argues with you. I can only imagine what it's like for the jury in that deliberation room. I've been on a jury before... on a minor case... but still, it gets tense when a group of people start out disagreeing and each side is trying so hard to bring the other side over to their way of thinking.
I pray that this will not end up a hung jury

My boyfriend and I have been together for 8 years. Last night we got in the first argument we've ever had. And that's because he is not sure what the jury is going to come back with.

And I'm not at all the type of person that gets mad when people have different opinions than me. I shouldn't have been dumb enough to not expect this from him.... He is still not sure that OJ is guilty. Seriously, it embarrasses when he says that in public:banghead:

never mind i just heard it. she comes up for parole after 24 years! :innocent:

Bill Shaeffer is saying that juror #3 is wearing a business suit for the first time since Jury selection!

:waitasec: Interesting ...

Yesterday, I heard one of the TH's on HLN saying that one of the jurors had on a tie and one of the jurors had on "high heels" instead of tennis shoes ...

I would GUESS that if the Jurors are "dressing up" for deliberations ... a verdict will be coming and they KNOW the media will be ALL OVER THEM when the Verdict is rendered ... so maybe they want to look their best ?

Anyone ? :waitasec:

scoot on over...I need a seat on this pain train, lol...

My hubby thinks the exact same thing! It's been a week of frushrating debate with him..., and he's not waivering on his thoughts!

My husband says "fry her!" And he asked me to text him at work if the verdict comes in!!

I wouldn't read into if the jury is dressed up or not. I don't really think they even know if they came down with murder 1 what the next step (details) are for them. It hasn't been outlined to them step by step of what would happen if they came down with murder 1....Also I remember the court attorney said that the JP was going to do the penalty phase (if needed) within 48 hrs of the verdict. (this was reported by press). So if anyone has plans for vacation on the 17th or about will still have time to make it.

Bill S. wftv says if she is convicted of anything, appeals kick in...and if DP appeals last for up to decades. He says either way, it is not over with a conviction...

Juror # 3 - dressed up today for the first time.

Female, no kids, nursing student, never heard anything about the case before jury selection.

IMO, this is a good sign and doesn't necessarily mean that a verdict is today, but rather that they are taking their job very seriously.

Bill S talking about appeals and double jeopardy....scares me....

Will they be able to interview the jurors after the verdict or will they remain sequestered/incognito until they do the penalty phase?

I wouldn't read into if the jury is dressed up or not. I don't really think they even know if they came down with murder 1 what the next step (details) are for them. It hasn't been outlined to them step by step of what would happen if they came down with murder 1....Also I remember the court attorney said that the JP was going to do the penalty phase (if needed) within 48 hrs of the verdict. (this was reported by press). So if anyone has plans for vacation on the 17th or about will still have time to make it.

lol now the rumor is July 14 for the juror with plans...

Bill S. wftv says if she is convicted of anything, appeals kick in...and if DP appeals last for up to decades. He says either way, it is not over with a conviction...

It will be for me. I have no doubt that the appeals court will uphold the decision.

Jean K on IS saying Jury looked "eager" to go back to deliberations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled