2015.10.20 Elizabeth Parker - Defense Attorney representing CWW

Is the Attorney he has chosen DP qualified? I realize it's early but just wondering.

On death penalty qualified attorneys...

http://brenerscriminallawblog.blogspot.com/p/bottom-line.html?m=1

Lawyers who are fully capital qualified meet the requirements of Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.112, which requires at least five years of criminal trial experience, prior experience as lead counsel in serious and complex trials, including murder cases, as well as additional capital defense education requirements, familiarity with the use of expert, psychiatric, and forensic witnesses and evidence, and, importantly, trying at least two (2) death penalty cases to completion before a jury as co-counsel.

There are, and rightly so, only a very small percentage of criminal lawyers who are "capital qualified" according to the national A.B.A. and Florida guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Is it possible he has it in the bank or investments? There are many, many people who live below their means and are able to substantial amount socked away even on average incomes. He has a skill that's in demand and allegedly -via insiders- he well enough to be able retire early. New bride getting a job doesn't necessarily mean they're broke, but is practical in that every penny needs to go to his defense. And, if he's convicted, what happens to his disability income? Does that just terminate or does it go to her? I hadn't thought about that until just now.

Maybe the new lawyer wants to try out a different approach than what she used in DD's case and she's doing it for a reduced rate? After all, there will be at least one book written and perhaps a movie to profit from... in regard to name recognition even if it's limited.

As always, looking forward to learning more! :D

An answer I know! It's a fact jack!

... When you are incarcerated you lose your Social Security disability income during that time.

ETA - the person that I know this from was not married at the time... so I am second guessing whether it would be valid if they were married. I recall looking at it at the time,and I don't think it makes a difference. :moo:

I hope CWW isn't paying for that Palm Beach hi-faultin' lawyer EP from monies he scammed poor TS's practice from!

Because CWW wasn't leading the lifestyles of the rich & famous so where's the $$ coming from? And could CWW be painting a money trail inadvertently by hiring this lawyer? LE has got to be able to track where the retainer money is coming from, right? Or is the attorney going to do this case pro bono?

Who put up the $$$ for CWW's lawyer???

I hope CWW isn't paying for that Palm Beach hi-faultin' lawyer EP from monies he scammed poor TS's practice from!

Because CWW wasn't leading the lifestyles of the rich & famous so where's the $$ coming from? And could CWW be painting a money trail inadvertently by hiring this lawyer? LE has got to be able to track where the retainer money is coming from, right? Or is the attorney going to do this case pro bono?

That's what I want to know, too, TOH! He has a criminal mind, so I put nothing past him. If the money came from an illegal source I hop LE nails him on it--especially if it came from scamming Dr. Teresa, pay for her hit or by any other means that hurt someone.

That's what I want to know, too, TOH! He has a criminal mind, so I put nothing past him. If the money came from an illegal source I hop LE nails him on it--especially if it came from scamming Dr. Teresa, pay for her hit or by any other means that hurt someone.
In another case I followed, the criminal had to prove that the money for his bond didn't come from nefarious means.

In another case I followed, the criminal had to prove that the money for his bond didn't come from nefarious means.

Well, well then. It would be good if they follow suit with good ole' CWW. I would be very surprised if he obtained money for a murder defense legally.

On death penalty qualified attorneys...

http://brenerscriminallawblog.blogspot.com/p/bottom-line.html?m=1

Lawyers who are fully capital qualified meet the requirements of Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.112, which requires at least five years of criminal trial experience, prior experience as lead counsel in serious and complex trials, including murder cases, as well as additional capital defense education requirements, familiarity with the use of expert, psychiatric, and forensic witnesses and evidence, and, importantly, trying at least two (2) death penalty cases to completion before a jury as co-counsel.

There are, and rightly so, only a very small percentage of criminal lawyers who are "capital qualified" according to the national A.B.A. and Florida guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And if it does turn into a death penalty case..just like with FCA .. They bring another one on if it turns into that. Baez hired Cheny ..

:thinking:

Looks like since CWW waived his arraignment, and pleaded not guilty, the defense will be getting all evidence and discovery... and so will we.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...es-palm-beach-defense-lawyer-elizabeth-parker

Parker also filed paperwork Tuesday to begin the evidence-sharing process between the prosecution and the defense known as discovery. Parker is requesting the names and address of witnesses and any statements they may have provided to law enforcement, as well as documents relating to electronic surveillance and searches.
Document: Read the notice of intent to participate in discovery.

Links to documents above.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...es-palm-beach-defense-lawyer-elizabeth-parker

Parker also filed paperwork Tuesday to begin the evidence-sharing process between the prosecution and the defense known as discovery. Parker is requesting the names and address of witnesses and any statements they may have provided to law enforcement, as well as documents relating to electronic surveillance and searches.

Links to documents above.

Yessss! I've been waiting for this. Discovery for everyone!:loveyou::sunshine::yesss:

JMO, maybe the retainer wasn't much? I bet the payment probably came from his mother's bank account. CWW will have a public defender within months.:moo:

Sievers suspect hires Palm Beach defense lawyer Elizabeth Parker

Naples Daily News
Jessica Lipscomb
2:56 PM, Oct 20, 2015
55 mins ago

A Missouri man accused in the death of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers has hired a defense lawyer out of Palm Beach County.

Attorney Elizabeth Parker will be representing Curtis “Wayne” Wright, who faces a charge of second-degree murder. Parker filed a notice of appearance with the Lee County clerk’s office Monday.

On Tuesday, Parker filed a waiver of arraignment, meaning Wright likely won't appear in court for his scheduled arraignment on Nov. 16. Parker also filed a written plea of not guilty, which is typical in criminal cases.

Reached at her office, Parker declined to comment on any of the specifics of the case against Wright.

Parker began her law career as a prosecutor in Palm Beach County in 1998. By the time she left the State Attorney’s Office in 2011, she had risen to the position of Chief Assistant State Attorney.

Parker is now a partner at Kaplan, Sconzo and Parker in Palm Beach Gardens.

Wright, 47, remains jailed in Lee County without bond. Few details have been released about the killing, and a judge has put a seal on all documents pertaining to the case.

I'm thinking CWW has no idea what evidence the state has, and sealing the docs seems to have really forced his hand.... his lawyer moved quick. If the docs weren't sealed they could have waited till after is arraignment in about a month... so he decides to waive that court date and figure out what they have?

Accused Sievers killer hires lawyer from Palm Beach Co.Accused Sievers killer hires lawyer from Palm Beach Co.

ABC-7 Link

Posted: Oct 20, 2015 4:30 PM CST
Updated: Oct 20, 2015 4:32 PM CST

<snip>
One of the men accused in the murder of Bonita Springs doctor Teresa Sievers has hired a lawyer.

Curtis Wayne Wright will be represented by attorney Elizabeth Parker from the Kaplan, Sconzo & Parker law firm based in Palm Beach Gardens.

this...
2b. & 2c. address the similarity in appearance between CWW & MS
2f. makes me wonder if JR or another person in MO is a confidential informant

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2468414-wright-discovery.html
Wright Discovery

2. In addition, defendent requests disclosure of the following:

b. Whether any eyewitnesses, even though not called by the prosecution, has identified someone toher than the defendent as the perpetrator of the crime.

c. Any description of the prepetrator of the crime that does not match the defendent.

f. Whether the prosecution has any material or information from a confidential informant

Defense Attorney Elizabeth Parker files her Entry of Appearance representing CWW.

See Docs below.

PDF download

(linked from ABC-7)

Attachments

• Wright_Notice of appearance of counsel.pdf
    284.3 KB · Views: 23

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics