a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any of you were there today: did you get the feeling everyone was just tolerating the lecture from the DV expert? I just wish she would get to the point of how it relates to the trial. Then we can get to the important part. How Juan sees it.

BBM . . . love your post, especially the bolded! :floorlaugh:

After taking a full day off and getting some rest and things accomplished I've decided I'm gonna go for the FULL day tomorrow. I was gonna go for the pm but I need to go support my girl Beth K in that hearing in the am which I hope they let us in for. I'll be rested and ready to crank out my notes tomorrow. :)

Lets the elephants walk and they will trumpet justice

I am new here been watching a long time. Travis and Alexander supporter to the enth degree. After what KCL said the other day, I think the ribbons are actually a show of respect to the Alexander family. I don't want to believe anyone would be so evil to mock This family and their pain. Yes they seem ( Mother and Aunt ) inappropriate at times, yet they are human. Hopefully this is a sign of compassion not a mockery. However I have to take into account today that Nurmy and Wilma both wore blue to try and deflect the importance of it throughout the courtroom, including the court reporter :) so I don't know, but want to believe it is a moment of compassion as opposed to a moment of spite..

:wagon: Katt! Glad to have you aboard the :rollercoaster:

I am new here been watching a long time. Travis and Alexander supporter to the enth degree. After what KCL said the other day, I think the ribbons are actually a show of respect to the Alexander family. I don't want to believe anyone would be so evil to mock This family and their pain. Yes they seem ( Mother and Aunt ) inappropriate at times, yet they are human. Hopefully this is a sign of compassion not a mockery. However I have to take into account today that Nurmy and Wilma both wore blue to try and deflect the importance of it throughout the courtroom, including the court reporter :) so I don't know, but want to believe it is a moment of compassion as opposed to a moment of spite..

Perhaps the defense has been reading here and figured if the Travis supporters were going to wear blue (since the ribbons were banned) that they would deflect the impact like you said - good point Kattrca!

I can't stand the fact that Jodi and her attorneys do this color coordinating nonsense! It's making me crazy :banghead:

After taking a full day off and getting some rest and things accomplished I've decided I'm gonna go for the FULL day tomorrow. I was gonna go for the pm but I need to go support my girl Beth K in that hearing in the am which I hope they let us in for. I'll be rested and ready to crank out my notes tomorrow. :)

KCL, I'm glad you took today to get yourself situated & get back centered a bit. If you feel invigorated enough to go back for a full day tomorrow, just know that there are so many of us sending you & Travis's family energy and support. And noooo pressure on the notes. Champagne only for you. :great:

I know I've been eating (and drinking) way too much during this trial...I guess it shows....:blushing:

lol just playin with ya Martin.

Thank you KCL for your time,effort and well ummmm extended behind. You will get back your girly figure once the jury unanimously decides :). In the meantime we have your back and x large spans. Kidding love you thanks for all your input!

KCL, I'm glad you took today to get yourself situated & get back centered a bit. If you feel invigorated enough to go back for a full day tomorrow, just know that there are so many of us sending you & Travis's family energy and support. And noooo pressure on the notes. Champagne only for you. :great:

~~Champagne wishes and Juan Martinez dreams~~~ :great:

Thank you KCL for your time,effort and well ummmm extended behind. You will get back your girly figure once the jury unanimously decides :). In the meantime we have your back and x large spans. Kidding love you thanks for all your input!

LOL...were you peeking in my Target cart the other day? :blushing:

I saw your pic with the girls honey, you don't need spanx!, go to sleep and rest. Your brother needs you not QVC.......thank you again for your dedication to the Alexander family, your family, and us.......

Oh my. I feel so sorry for the jurors. by now, I firmly believe they have all made up their minds...at least 11 to 1 guilty and I am hoping there isn't that one.

Or if there is one, the others can persuade him/her to come around.
:fence:

Thank you for that.. either my ears are tired or he was half paying attention during his 10 seconds and misspoke... so relieved. Kaitiecoo since you are close at hand and have some experience in the matter (which means I'll listen).. am I just so totally anti everything JA or does ALV come across a little on the light-weight side. She seems so much just an advocate/trainer (and nothing wrong with this) than someone who really has clinical or scholarly information on REAL DV victims??

Well, I'm not KCL & I'm not close at hand, so how's that for qualifications?! LOL

It's just that your post, SCSam made me re-think what I had heard on TV tonight.

I think ALV has had a good bit of clinical experience in dealing with DV victims & such, but she's had zero experience in talking with JA. That was said tonight on TV, on Dr. Drew, IIRC. If not, it was one of the HLN evening shows. I'm sure everyone already knew that except moi.

Anyway, since she hasn't interviewed JA, has she read anything about the case? If so, from what perspective? I mean, she is the DT's witness.

They also said on one of the HLN shows that ALV volunteered to testify about DV, etc. So, is she getting paid by the DT or at least on their budget? Is she getting paid at all?

I guess I sound like I'm still in the barn in which I was born.....:blushing:

Did anyone else hear the info about ALV's volunteering to testify?

All, IMHO.

OMG Gypsy lady is on JVM and just said she thinks it's going to be a hung jury. Nope, that's not going to happen. Guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder! Period.

Did Gypsy Lady have a black and multicolored swirl patterned top on today?
Just curious because I heard a woman who's been in court every day state that she thinks it will be a hung jury.

Did Gypsy Lady have a black and multicolored swirl patterned top on today?
Just curious because I heard a woman who's been in court every day state that she thinks it will be a hung jury.

Yup, that's her. And that assertion confirms to me she's semi nuts. Not a bad person but I mean really..come on.

Well, I'm not KCL & I'm not close at hand, so how's that for qualifications?! LOL

It's just that your post, SCSam made me re-think what I had heard on TV tonight.

I think ALV has had a good bit of clinical experience in dealing with DV victims & such, but she's had zero experience in talking with JA. That was said tonight on TV, on Dr. Drew, IIRC. If not, it was one of the HLN evening shows. I'm sure everyone already knew that except moi.

Anyway, since she hasn't interviewed JA, has she read anything about the case? If so, from what perspective? I mean, she is the DT's witness.

They also said on one of the HLN shows that ALV volunteered to testify about DV, etc. So, is she getting paid by the DT or at least on their budget? Is she getting paid at all?

I guess I sound like I'm still in the barn in which I was born.....:blushing:

Did anyone else hear the info about ALV's volunteering to testify?

All, IMHO.

I don't know if she volunteered however I do know that 7 other DvE's said NO to the defense.

I know I've been eating (and drinking) way too much during this trial...I guess it shows....:blushing:

lol just playin with ya Martin.

Seriously...I dont know if I've put the Bar, or the Side in Sidebar. Maybe both. Annnnnnd, this belongs in the Sidebar thread. My bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea