a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
How horrible. So BK reports the truth of what happens in court and they want her out of court? Shame on them!

They don't want her out of court. Mike Gallanos on HLN said today that they were told they were not to talk about the cost of the trial anymore. He said that DT was afraid that some of the jurors might accidentally hear how much is being spent, and rush a verdict instead of letting the cost add up anymore.

KatieDDJ,

Not sure if you come here but I just want to give you a ((Hug)) Just saw you on Dr. Drew and think you do a fantastic job! Loved how you spoke about JM and Travis. Very well said!

What did she say tonight? I missed it :)

TIA

My ruling? Lol. I'm just compiling data and I'm leaning toward things not being as they seem. I don't know for sure that they are there supporting acquittal for JA. I'm leaning toward the opposite. I can't repeat what was overheard there..sorry but it pushed me in this direction, that probably didnt help at all huh?

It's so odd you should say that today of all days....I actually had a feeling, TODAY, that her aunt and mother wanted to sit on the other side and don Travis ribbons!

If any of you were there today: did you get the feeling everyone was just tolerating the lecture from the DV expert? I just wish she would get to the point of how it relates to the trial. Then we can get to the important part. How Juan sees it.

A question for any of the courtroom observers:

Something about JA's mother wearing the "#1 mother" necklace has been bothering me for a while, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then I started to wonder, was she actually wearing it as a message to JA to not pull a Jose Baez on her and throw her under the bus as being responsible for what happened like JB did to George Anthony? To subtly tell her "I was a good mother - you were a horrible child"?

Any thoughts, oh mighty courtroom observers? :seeya:

So THATS who "Gypsy Lady" is. I've seen her mentioned but I just don't get a lot of time to get both of these threads read. I'm not trying to say anything bad but I felt her opinions were a little shocking with what the other trial watchers have been saying.

How does this lady get into court so much when so many others are turned around and sent on their way. Did I hear correctly that she can be disruptive and a little rude to you girls?

She looks pretty tame on JVM, andgets there early to get in. She is kind of loud and intrusive. She is "different" but fairly harmless I think.

It's so odd you should say that today of all days....I actually had a feeling, TODAY, that her aunt and mother wanted to sit on the other side and don Travis ribbons!

IMO - Jodi's mom and aunt are there to collect facts for the book they are writing, hence the big smiles we see on their faces from time to time $$$$$.
They are probably not surprised in the least about this situation, and
think Jodi is finally getting what she deserves.
They're just lucky they might be able to profit from her.
All this is just my humble opinion, of course.

A question for any of the courtroom observers:

Something about JA's mother wearing the "#1 mother" necklace has been bothering me for a while, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Then I started to wonder, was she actually wearing it as a message to JA to not pull a Jose Baez on her and throw her under the bus as being responsible for what happened like JB did to George Anthony? To subtly tell her "I was a good mother - you were a horrible child"?

Any thoughts, oh mighty courtroom observers? :seeya:

I think they share a shameful secret, maybe abuse by father(s) or other relatives but she is holding something over Jodi...

Anyone know why JA is limping? Shivved in the leg by her cellmate?

Saw this link posted by someone on Beth's In Session FB page: http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQRYNA$LCEV2.QueryView?P_LICENSE_NUMBER=16213&P_LTE_ID=724.

Does anyone have any insight? Does ALV have a different kind of license? Does she need a license in CA to practice? Don't intend to start or perpetuate a rumor. Just curious if this has any significance.

Having seen the layout in court of who was sitting where during yesterday's testimony, I was able to easily determine who must have overheard something one person said to the other.

If I'm JA's mother or aunt I might be relieved she's in jail and heading for a life in prison where I know she's not going to attack any of her own family members anymore, isn't going to be out in society murdering anyone, and will be closely monitored the rest of her life. That's the life she (JA) picked for herself. While a mom and/or aunt might be upset that their child/niece is on trial for murder, that might be if the parent/aunt thought said child/niece was innocent of the killing. We know and they know JA is not innocent.

Maybe they're just rooting for her to get what she deserves and are sitting on that side because...well...where else would they appropriately sit?

Upon further thought about my previous post. Perhaps the license is expired because ALV no longer is a Psych Asst and no longer requires that license. Ignore me. Sorry.

I think you are very intuitive person. :)

Having seen the layout in court of who was sitting where during yesterday's testimony, I was able to easily determine who must have overheard something one person said to the other.

If I'm JA's mother or aunt I might be relieved she's in jail and heading for a life in prison where I know she's not going to attack any of her own family members anymore, isn't going to be out in society murdering anyone, and will be closely monitored the rest of her life. That's the life she (JA) picked for herself. While a mom and/or aunt might be upset that their child/niece is on trial for murder, that might be if the parent/aunt thought said child/niece was innocent of the killing. We know and they know JA is not innocent.

Maybe they're just rooting for her to get what she deserves and are sitting on that side because...well...where else would they appropriately sit?

This speaks very much to some of the hunches and feelings I'm getting, more and more each day.

I just couldn't ignore these feelings I kept getting with my brief spontaneous encounters with her. I've just been adding things up and ...I just think things are not what they appear.

Today hearing JA has KICKED her for no reason...this is probably the tip of the iceberg. She knows her far better than anyone else I suspect and has been on the receiving end of her abuse and mental torture probably every one of her 32 years.

I hope hope hope that kicking the dog tape comes in through this witness.

After taking a full day off and getting some rest and things accomplished I've decided I'm gonna go for the FULL day tomorrow. I was gonna go for the pm but I need to go support my girl Beth K in that hearing in the am which I hope they let us in for. I'll be rested and ready to crank out my notes tomorrow. :)

NG (not always reliable, but on this I think she had the scoop!) said that it is to stop the media from reporting on the cost of the defense.

Yeah -- that'll work. Public funds (I would ASSUME) are being used to pay that so the People of the State of Arizona have a right, IMHO, to know it. And yeah, stop the media from reporting that! Gag order??? Not in a blue moon.

What are they trying to hide?

Convict JA and fine her court costs, that's what I say! Nothing's too good for her.

IMHO.

ETA: Thanks News Junkie for the info!

I am new here been watching a long time. Travis and Alexander supporter to the enth degree. After what KCL said the other day, I think the ribbons are actually a show of respect to the Alexander family. I don't want to believe anyone would be so evil to mock This family and their pain. Yes they seem ( Mother and Aunt ) inappropriate at times, yet they are human. Hopefully this is a sign of compassion not a mockery. However I have to take into account today that Nurmy and Wilma both wore blue to try and deflect the importance of it throughout the courtroom, including the court reporter :) so I don't know, but want to believe it is a moment of compassion as opposed to a moment of spite..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member