a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
protective order is not the same as a restraining order...it has to do with keeping info from being publicly released to my understanding.

Well that is somewhat better. But I liked the FLorida sunshine law. It should be available to the public.

Is there any backstory to the Aunt wearing a blue ribbon?

It really makes me wonder if she's doing it honestly (in support of Travis) or doing it mockingly (making fun of the family).

Just one more tidbit that came in yesterday.

Our Sweetiepie (our friend we've all embraced) Bill from the Dr. Drew Show, asked the Palomar PR person for assistance for the Alexander family as it's the closest hotel to the courthouse (and where most media stay).

He negotiated a rate for them around 50% off (still pricey but anyway).

I'm thinking it would be great during verdict watch for them to stay there a couple of nights because of proximity (I don't think deliberations will be that long imo).

It'd be nice if we could help them out with that when the time comes. I'd cover a night for them myself.

I emailed the family just now with info about the house one of our posters told me about and also this Palomar rate. Just keeping you all in the loop.

Thanks Katie,
If we all donate what we can it will help them. I believe it will be a fast verdict for guilty of murder one. Should these donations be separate from the other site? Have any thoughts?

Speaking of THs and their comments.. just heard Ryan Smith on HLN in the last hour talking about their new 10PM show last night.. subject was......"was TA guilty of abuse"... he said 89% of people responding to their online query said YES.... were these JA supporters triple replying or did they think they were being funny?? I mean really... 89% on this planet... I find that reaaaaaal hard to believe!
BBM

How was the question worded? Could they have possibly gotten it backwards..?

Our Sweetiepie (our friend we've all embraced) Bill from the Dr. Drew Show, asked the Palomar PR person for assistance for the Alexander family as it's the closest hotel to the courthouse (and where most media stay).

I'm thinking it would be great during verdict watch for them to stay there a couple of nights because of proximity (I don't think deliberations will be that long imo).

It'd be nice if we could help them out with that when the time comes. I'd cover a night for them myself.

I emailed the family just now with info about the house one of our posters told me about and also this Palomar rate. Just keeping you all in the loop.
Count me in! Can you PM me your address? Would like to send donations directly to you. I sent one check to Samantha but I know she only gets them on the weekend. Thank you!

How was the question worded? Could they have possibly gotten it backwards..?

Either I heard wrong or he was in a hurry and misspoke. The good thing is that the numbers are :great:backward.

People take different amounts of time to make up their minds. 90% without JM having even started the rebuttal is pretty good IMO. Not that I'm disagreeing with those that agree - just saying!

I agree this jury is burned out and probably hit the "done" stage at least 2 weeks ago. Now they're just being tortured, IMO.

As for what the jury can see (JA antics), keep in mind we in the viewing audience get a much better and closer view of the various players than those even on the jury. We get closeups in high def. KCL has said dozens of times the jury doesn't look at JA at all...and many didn't look at her when she was on the stand. So to answer the frequent questions, "did the jury notice when JA did/said/smiled...," I'm guessing the answer to that is nope! If they are ignoring JA then they aren't seeing the little sly things she's doing.

We are much more tuned into her than the jury and I would put good money on the fact that viewers have spent time analyzing every micro-movement where the jury has not. Fortunately they don't need to. The evidence speaks for itself and JM will tie it all up for them during his closing.

One other thing to keep in mind... having watched 2 juries during 2 different murder trials in my area, while you can get a feel for jury members, what you can't know in advance is how the group of final 12 will work together when they are in the jury room, doing their job of deliberating. I know there's lots of fear about the "what ifs." Twelve people who use their common sense aren't going to think what JA did was either fine or justified or done in self defense. She's going to prison for at least the rest of her life and may just get the death penalty (that to me is the only mystery in this case--LWOP or DP). She won't be a free woman and even *if* for some odd reason she were to be convicted of a lesser offense (a charge which is not currently on the books), she would still spend many decades in prison. 30 to 50 years and that would be her best case scenario.

She's not going free. 12 people will not agree she was justified in killing Travis. There is no self-defense proved. She's going away. The question is, for the rest of her life? Until she gets the needle (decades away as well), or for 'only' many decades? No one need fear her. She's not coming after you, your children or your grandchildren. Her only way out of prison will be in a pine box.

Quick questions - when i post something and i want to follow up to those specific responses is there a way to search for just those responses? I wind up scrolling through all the pages searching for a response and i imagine there is a better way. TIA

Quick questions - when i post something and i want to follow up to those specific responses is there a way to search for just those responses? I wind up scrolling through all the pages searching for a response and i imagine there is a better way. TIA

There's a search thread button at top. If you click it and type your name you should be able to find everyone who responded to your posts. Theoretically.

@WildAboutTrial

I like when ppl ask me if the jury is "buying it" like they all have a little lighted sign over their heads that say "buying it". #JodiArias

@WildAboutTrial

I will be selling "buying it" signs outside of court later today. The "maam you don't get to ask questions" shirts have sold out.

Hearing on another website that either Mama Arias or the aunt is wearing some kind of blue ribbon. Speculation is that it's one of the Travis ribbons, or appears to be, and people are wondering if she's switched sides or is MOCKING Travis' family. Anyone know for sure?

Katie let me know if this takes place I too would pay for a night

Thanks for all the input. I took the day off from watching the trial. I want to watch this trial so bad but got really down after watching CA trial everyday just to hear a not guilty in the end... So this one scares me too just because you never know what the jurors are thinking. I also can't stand looking at JA's face all day long... Anyway - just wanted to say hi and thanks...

Oh ...if only everyone knew what I know....

15015.jpg

Seasonal! Snap! lol

Talk about a teaser.... one could only imagine. She is just NASTY!!!

OMG Gypsy lady is on JVM and just said she thinks it's going to be a hung jury. Nope, that's not going to happen. Guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder! Period.

It's just a teaser about a silly private joke. and I go way back. He comes across all cocky but I call him a cream puff which he really is...that's all..nothin scandalous. Sorry!

OMG Gypsy lady is on JVM and just said she thinks it's going to be a hung jury. Nope, that's not going to happen. Guilty of 1st degree premeditated murder! Period.

She's nuts and katiecoolady says "ain't got time for dat!".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike